2020/2021 snowmobile season officially starts

7 hours ago, wheatking said:

had it happen a couple times where its dry and we got the drill up front working all afternoon and that night it blows in with snow and nothing happens for a week, just some drift in the trees left here 

poorfarmer what the heck you coulda had a new sled for even less canola sold at this year prices were so good, but i see

starting to hear of drills goin in Montana so that's usually the indication of a month or so we'll be going  

Lol it’s dads canola that he’s to dam tight to sell. Got him to contract one load at 18$ so at least he can say he sold one load for that when it tanks back to 8 or 10 bucks lol. I had barley in this year so no big cash crop for me although it did get up to 6$/bu my yield wasn’t super great last year so it’s still just average for me. Got a bunch contracted to haul in this month hopefully. 

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well a new season is officially under way. Most of the trails are still closed and no grooming has taken place much yet but I took off today as it was a perfect day to go riding and went up to the bus

Finally warming up a little bit. Was up to around -22-25°C this afternoon so I took off for a few hours again. Put on about 70 kms around home. Creek is finally frozen up hard enough that I drove down

Had a excellent day on the trails today. Put on just over 310 kms(194 miles) Trails were in really good shape for the most part. Coming back the local trails near Nipawin were getting pounded out alre

Posted Images

23 hours ago, poor farmer/logger said:

That’s usually what happens, yard is just nicely drying up where you can walk around and not get heavier as you go lol.  Might have to turn some canola bins again sooner then later if there’s something coming. Don’t want a repeat of heated canola like last year. Partial reason why there wasn’t a new sled in the fleet this year 😢

That's how it goes. Our corrals are actually drying as it's thawing right now but we'll get snow and it will be sloppy for a week. Yard is nice and dry right now. I actually don't need the Dunlop's around the yard anymore lol

I don't think I'd be playing around turning canola right now. It's on the truck and straight to the elevator lol. I wish we had a bumper crop last fall. Could've used alot more at these prices. Oh well some is better than none

11 hours ago, wheatking said:

starting to hear of drills goin in Montana so that's usually the indication of a month or so we'll be going  

I seen drills going in southern mb this past weekend. I was surprised. But we also started some fieldwork tonight which is absolutely unheard of lol. I'm sure there'll be guys trying to seed here soon once they hear we're making dust 😂 Be a month yet before we're putting seed in the ground though

40 minutes ago, db1486 said:

That's how it goes. Our corrals are actually drying as it's thawing right now but we'll get snow and it will be sloppy for a week. Yard is nice and dry right now. I actually don't need the Dunlop's around the yard anymore lol

I don't think I'd be playing around turning canola right now. It's on the truck and straight to the elevator lol. I wish we had a bumper crop last fall. Could've used alot more at these prices. Oh well some is better than none

lol yea I’ve been after him to do something with it so I don’t have to babysit it.  We didn’t break any records last fall but overall we couldn’t complain. 

All my rubber boots leak apparently so I made do with my running shoes and sticking to my quad as much as I could lol. Not exactly the best time of year to be shopping for rubber boots lol.  Can’t seem to find a pair that last a year either anymore. 

Snows is all but gone here now. Still some drifts in the line fences but the fields have really dried up quickly.  The river at the forks was trying hard to break up this afternoon but there’s not enough flow this year to push it out. Still kind of fun to watch though.  Found some snow yet on the bush trails yet. Still pretty deep in places too.  Not enough to take the sled out though. 

Been working in the shop the last week now getting things ready. One tractor is done, have a few things to do on the sprayer yet and then the versatile needs a few things yet.  Calling for 3-4 inches of snow tomorrow so it might be a good day to work in the shop if we can’t haul grain. 

7B3F6FEB-9974-4B4D-A7AD-9AA0A2DFF9BF.jpeg

9589B760-FDFD-4C34-9670-6EA56F57F737.jpeg

E9DD1922-C64E-45A8-947C-2F38C8F96A17.jpeg

5A73BC57-3C44-4997-8E6E-58FC05D07534.jpeg

BA0254B9-33DA-4BAF-B208-BBA242C5F41F.jpeg

A3E6611D-34D5-4C3C-8DDA-774B5EB41B7A.jpeg

DB634FB0-D095-4D42-82FD-4FE92D4E9F13.jpeg

36FF2C75-6E6D-463E-A17C-68FA0805D81E.jpeg

0F64441B-5CFE-4931-9E85-DB34610D3E63.jpeg

FD4AE0EB-6E06-4F76-8CC9-085B3C9C02D6.jpeg

B3121AE8-4D0D-4669-993D-2CD116E7860C.jpeg

2652B3B5-45D9-4102-99B7-8D232091C54C.jpeg

BEF9D626-0043-4678-9370-A8A00BFE6EBD.jpeg

• Like 3

Living next to a little slice of heaven there PFL❤️

Couple inches of snow last night might be headed your way

• Like 1

I've followed this thread all season. Sure have enjoyed seeing all your guys pics and following your travels.  Thanks for taking the time to share.

• Like 1

Very nice pictures there again! I see your snow just left and some still there and we been on the field since Wednesday. I was thinking I coulda started a new crop year thread while you're still on the sledding one 😂  In a few days I might be able to add some sledding pics if we get what they're calling for. Not really sure what we're going to end up with

• Like 1
6 hours ago, hardtail said:

Living next to a little slice of heaven there PFL❤️

Couple inches of snow last night might be headed your way

It’s not a bad place to be that’s for sure. Nice to have the wilderness close to my back door. I really like being up in the bush. 

Nothing much here yet. Been snowing a little this morning mixed with rain. Kind of a nasty wind out there though. Not a nice day anyways. Held off hauling grain today.  The grass shows a little white but anything with dirt it’s melting as it comes down. 

5 hours ago, Wes806 said:

I've followed this thread all season. Sure have enjoyed seeing all your guys pics and following your travels.  Thanks for taking the time to share.

Your welcome and thanks to everyone else who shares as well.  I like seeing other parts of the world through the forum too. 

5 hours ago, db1486 said:

Very nice pictures there again! I see your snow just left and some still there and we been on the field since Wednesday. I was thinking I coulda started a new crop year thread while you're still on the sledding one 😂  In a few days I might be able to add some sledding pics if we get what they're calling for. Not really sure what we're going to end up with

Thanks. Lol yea you’ve got us beat by a few weeks that’s for sure.  I put the nytro and the 700 triple back in the shed last night as they said there was a storm coming. So far it hasn’t amounted to much. But they’re in where it’s dry at least. Would’ve brought the nytro out for a little too if we had gotten some accumulation but it doesn’t look like that’s going to happen. 

3 hours ago, poor farmer/logger said:

Little bit of snow start to accumulate. Sounds like east of Regina up towards yokton is supposed to be worse. 

E67BB09C-717A-4DB1-8DC2-9D3558F5EF84.jpeg

154A1D8B-4E3B-4E34-A245-20A1AB27229A.jpeg

That will be heading right for us. Supposedly there is 2 storms that are going to meet right over us. Forecasting more snow this week than we got all winter. We will see I guess

On 4/11/2021 at 6:49 PM, db1486 said:

That will be heading right for us. Supposedly there is 2 storms that are going to meet right over us. Forecasting more snow this week than we got all winter. We will see I guess

So how did you guys fare? Manage to get the sled out again?  Didn’t get to much here. Just enough to make the roads and yard greasy again. Dad snow plowed a bit yesterday just to try and make it so it dries up a bit quicker. 

Hard to say how much snow we got because the wind just blew most of into drifts. I got stuck in a drift deeper than the front axle on the old massey this morning but out in the open theres hardly enough snow to make a track. It will help the grass some but not too significant for the fields I think. 

Massey Apr 13 21.JPG

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Loadstar said:

Hard to say how much snow we got because the wind just blew most of into drifts. I got stuck in a drift deeper than the front axle on the old massey this morning but out in the open theres hardly enough snow to make a track. It will help the grass some but not too significant for the fields I think. 

Massey Apr 13 21.JPG

Sounded like you were getting hard pretty good too. Some big drifts in your video I see.  

Saw on Facebook where guys were bringing their sleds out of storage today. Some said it was the best riding they had all winter lol. 

nothing here just the cold wind that changes direction a 100 times a day snow north and to the south of me, a sled ride would be awesome about now though but there grain to clean so maybe not haha 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, wheatking said:

nothing here just the cold wind that changes direction a 100 times a day snow north and to the south of me, a sled ride would be awesome about now though but there grain to clean so maybe not haha 

I was tempted to bring the nytro out and go for a little rip to the line fence and play in the snow banks that are left from winter yet. Decided against it though. Everything was put away unbroken now so why tempt fate lol. 

Dad has to get his wheat and barley cleaned yet too. Still not sure how much of each will be going in though so debating how much to actually clean. 

On 4/13/2021 at 11:17 AM, poor farmer/logger said:

So how did you guys fare? Manage to get the sled out again?  Didn’t get to much here. Just enough to make the roads and yard greasy again. Dad snow plowed a bit yesterday just to try and make it so it dries up a bit quicker. 

Didn't get much at all. Enough to make the roads slick and slushy. Like everyone else it's hard to say how much cause the wind blew it all around. I would be guessing 4 or so inches maybe. A little bit north got hit pretty good I heard

• Like 1