Just now, 401 N Michigan said:

Well I’m not giving up....someone has an idea of it somewhere 

from published data it is a high #, and in line with yearly prod totals

no need to give up a dream

but unfortunately unless you find an IH emploies estate sale with provenance and notarized copies of the "official" factory records it will just be speculation.

dont pay for or believe any of it

short of that you know it is higher than the IH published last year starting #

do some digging and guesstimate how many per shift and X days in the last run

being made in england you will need a passport or some LONG distance contacts

good luck

I think that IH probably never made that model in 1985. Rather just made a few extra in 1984, or put them together in 1985 as 1984 models. As Case took over in 1985.. this tractor has a case ih steering wheel center. While it could have been replaced, it also could be from the factory right before the change over to the 585. Interesting stuff ! 

49 minutes ago, 401 N Michigan said:

I think that IH probably never made that model in 1985. Rather just made a few extra in 1984, or put them together in 1985 as 1984 models. As Case took over in 1985.. this tractor has a case ih steering wheel center. While it could have been replaced, it also could be from the factory right before the change over to the 585. Interesting stuff ! 

So, is it an International 584 (solid red, IH style grill, IH decals) or a Case International 584 (Black and red, IH style grill, CaseIH decals)

What complicates things even more.....the 584 actually was replaced by the 585 in 1982/83 outside of North America so you'd need real detailed export market numbers from Doncaster UK plant to know how many 585s were made in 1984, and how many of those were decaled 584 for export 🙂 

The solid red 84 series were when they became the 85 series, not when Case got invovled.  Google International 585 🙂  

Ben there a few 584s with CaseIH decals and CaseIH emblems in the center of the grille. Looked like the IH ones with only those changes. Some might have had black chassis.

Ben the steering wheel center could have been replaced. For a while if you ordered the steering wheel center cap from CaseIH you got the one with CaseIH in the center.

Hi Easton, I looked up the case ih 584, reminds me of a case ih 1460 combine.  Was just an interesting tractor that one of my customers has. I did state in one of my responses that the steering wheel could have been replaced.