Bear starts tomorrow here in PA. Hope son comes home with something other than a hangover.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Still sitting in the tree with deer all around me. Waiting for stuff to clear out. Passed on “jail bait” deer pictured below right at dark. Gun is unloaded, just waiting. 

A1973E25-BC31-4477-BA69-4BEEB95D691A.jpeg

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

Still sitting in the tree with deer all around me. Waiting for stuff to clear out. Passed on “jail bait” right at dark. Gun is unloaded, just waiting. 

I can drive the side by side out to clear the deer but I imagine you have legal light before I could get there ....

• Haha 1

Our gun season runs through this weekend so maybe I will see the one I passed on opening morning. I didn't realize how big he was until he turned and hid.

Now this guy I am glad is still walking he should be pretty nice next season camera was stationed right beside my head in hiding spot.702539915_buck1.thumb.JPG.c08b0c362df8341bd5854ee3214082f2.JPGbuck.thumb.JPG.4accee304462b2bcd24636e0abb3bed4.JPG2073447125_buckclose.thumb.JPG.d3c7c03350973865c4ab03de7bed589e.JPG

• Like 5

Here’s to day two. 50° With 10mph NE wind and light rain. Probably won’t be as comfortable as yesterday. Oh well...some guys love hunting in the rain. I’ve never gotten anything but wet in over 20 yrs

20 hours ago, WishIhada1466 said:

Rifle hunting here this evening. Normally I would be in a stand or blind but there seem to be more deer in this spot lately so we will give sitting on the ground a try tonight.

20201120_153353.thumb.jpg.6c95cbc8b76dcd68d4e2024e5113bc18.jpg

I think they are watching you 👀

On 11/20/2020 at 11:18 AM, Sledgehammer said:

This is “Spot”. He is 148yrs old

ACD4CA3A-7BF4-42AA-A94B-7879755BAC6F.jpeg

This is “Goofy”

BD8C3D0F-F3E9-413D-86F8-E1F29532883F.png

This is “Jailbait” because he needs a year or two 😊

AC9026BF-CC4E-4E29-9B0E-93274286EDD0.jpeg

Look how fat they are !

Saw lots of deer moving this morning. Most of them were at some distance. Saw a couple coyotes also which isn’t uncommon. I won’t pass one up (coyote) if it comes close enough. Light rain all morning. Still misting rain now with more rain coming in before dark. I stayed pretty dry under the old reliable Buckwing. it’s just like the one below. 
https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/buckwing-super-mag-porta-roof-mossy-oak-break-up?a=102378

Heading back out in a few minutes for the afternoon. 

• Like 2

I wound up shooting a doe just before end of legal shooting last night. The only one I saw and it was supposed to be soggy today and tomorrow and I'm not that die hard of a hunter. We processed the one my wife shot earlier in the week and mine this morning. All either ground or cubed except for the back straps and loins. Now I don't really want to shoot another because then the work starts again. Rifle season last day is Tuesday and then bow starts back up along with alternative methods later and then antlerless season. Bow season is open until Jan 15th I believe so there is still alot of time left to hunt in some form.

It was a toad strangler all afternoon. I was able to stay mostly dry under the tree umbrella. Saw 3 total deer and got busted by “Goofy”. It was pouring and he came in directly behind me. Wasn’t down wind but probably saw my umbrella flapping in the wind and didn’t like it. I heard a grunt and he bolted stopping long enough for me to scope up his head (the rest was in thick brush and figure out he was a shooter. That’s why they call it hunting and not killing ladies and gentlemen. 😊

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Our rifle season opened this AM.  Had a couple go through well before daylight, but that was all.  Based on the number of shots I heard shortly after sunrise, some folks had better luck.

Gonna try it again in the morning.

Too warm here yet anyway.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

I’ve never been trendy but how about a “Spike Buck Selfie”?

4C9B444B-B8CF-484B-A5CC-65360CFCF989.jpeg

Some areas of PA that's considered an 11 point ...

• Haha 2

Raining pretty good this morning. I’m sitting in my shop waiting on things to quit. Supposed to stop around daylight. No point it going out to get soaked before I get to the stand. 

Not the smartest thing I ever did....  had to wade water to get to the stand.    After last night a duck would be better suited here than a deer I believe. Too late to turn back now.

• Like 1

The water has gone down some since I got here. Ive seen one small buck at distance and several does since it got light. A coyote cruised through just before light but never presented a shot. Rain finally stopped. To bad I’m already wet...

D02EC892-98E7-4B8A-9AD3-8179DA1B60BD.jpeg

06CC2BF7-A3A4-4B0B-B2CF-60B81A4DA9B2.jpeg
about the same shot yesterday 

B72CEE80-BDBB-4670-9FBE-2400C30602CE.jpeg

• Sad 1

Sat behind the stand about 60 yards on higher ground tonight. The bucks have all come in behind me so far anyhow. I will be ready this time. Rain finally quit but the wind picked up a lot. This spot is mostly out of the wind and much warmer. If anything shows up from behind me now it may be real close quarters so the six gun is ready for action. 

820DD8FA-AD30-4C33-95E8-07B4C1C83B1A.jpeg

• Like 2

Well, first season is in the books. I saw 4 deer tonight and had a small 8pt at about 25yds on the ground which was fun. Right before dark I spotted the “jail bait” deer that I passed on Friday night at a distance. I was able make it to within 1-150 yards of him to make sure it was him through the scope. He never knew I was there.  I had several opportunities to take deer and chose not to. When second season roles around I will hunt for meat instead of antlers. Someone sent me this earlier today 

35D758AB-AF4D-435F-BC3D-FD105747BEFE.jpeg

• Like 2