Cadeih Parts site dead horse

Really stinks this parts lookup deal on new site and the fact that part numbers don't show up for nla parts even on Messicks site now. How do ya cross reference and get numbers to buy used parts lots of time thru your dealer if ya have a good one?? Really disappointed.  And yes I have parts books for all of my iron ,but not for everything people ask me to fix. Just stinks. Did I mention I really love my new Massey compact?? And yes I've been a IH guy since I was 10 and the neighbors got a new 1486 4x4 and ate up all the Fords and JDs   I was used to watching.  And worked for 2 dealers years ago. Getting frustrated with mother Fiat.. 

Rant over....sorry

• Like 2

I have yet to find any good websites for any auto or tractor parts. I have searched J.D. sites for parts I knew where still current [with part No.] and nothing. Just did a brake job on old ford ranger through Advanced auto and there are no r/h parts listed. Went to their local store and they couldn't find em either. And so it goes.

1 hour ago, lightninboy said:

The John Deere parts site changed recently and I doubt it changed for the better.

Actually I use it alot and it is very good when you figure it out 

• Like 1

I found a site called avspare dot com I’ve been using. I was searching for some NLA parts for an IH 4500 field cultivator and found all the numbers on there I needed. It’ll show you every part number like a real site should unlike the new Case site. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
11 hours ago, ksfarmdude said:

Have you found a place on the new JD site to "find parts by part specifications"?

Also, I miss the ability to input just one number at a time and get a price and see the inventory availability at all of the dealers locations. I know you can still do it on the new website, but it is setup for multiple part numbers and not as convenient for just one or 2 numbers.

1 hour ago, pirlbeck said:

Have you found a place on the new JD site to "find parts by part specifications"?

Also, I miss the ability to input just one number at a time and get a price and see the inventory availability at all of the dealers locations. I know you can still do it on the new website, but it is setup for multiple part numbers and not as convenient for just one or 2 numbers.

After you select your primary dealer you can add parts to your cart and it will show part price and if its in stock I like being able to enter the part number also and it will tell you what machines use that particular part its a lot more user friendly than Case IH is 

• Like 1

BION.....IMO AGCO has what is currently the most user friendly parts lookup site---especially if you just want part #'s.    JD site works....but its hard to find the exact part.  I used CIH for years....can't even find anything on the new one. They do appear to be working on it, was on it last night and there was a big red button to report missing p/n's!  SO I guess its up to us to get them to update the old stuff pages.

Was looking up some green Steiger numbers about a week ago, last night it would not even accept an older Steiger model number so was unable to look up anything. They have not had much support for the older Steigers for quite awhile but maybe they are planning on totally washing their hands.

16 hours ago, ksfarmdude said:

I agree. I think the JD parts site is the standard against which all others can be judged. It gives you what you need, without any garbage interface hooey. Just the facts. I like it.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Matt Kirsch said:

How'd you do it before CaseIH offered this free online service?

BTW, the site says they're bringing back the NLA parts so apparently they've had a lot of complaints.

Drive 15 miles to the dealer because chances are you can't get the parts guy to understand what you need on the phone unless it's a common part or you have a good parts man. So you go down to look at their computer. Find out if they have it or not. Find out if anyone has it anywhere near you if they don't have it. If not, have it shipped depending on how bad you need it. Have another trip back and forth to get it if you couldn't get it on the 1st trip. I realize that gas is cheaper but damn if you don't have to burn it, why do it.

The parts lookup way. Bring up model, area you're working on, find part, find part number, call, see if they have it or anyone nearby does. If they have it, go get it, if not either go where they have it or have them order it. Saves travel and gas. Sounds simpler to me. But im a dumb peon.

• Like 2
22 hours ago, ksfarmdude said:

After you select your primary dealer you can add parts to your cart and it will show part price and if its in stock I like being able to enter the part number also and it will tell you what machines use that particular part its a lot more user friendly than Case IH is 

Yes, I understand how that works and have been using it daily. It is fine for looking up multiple part number for a job, but it is not handy for checking an individual part number, which I could do by just inputting the individual part number and hitting enter on the old site. 

How about finding parts by parts specification, is that still on the site somewhere or did we lose that feature with the "new and improved" site? 

On 11/19/2020 at 9:27 PM, ryangpayne said:

I found a site called avspare dot com I’ve been using. I was searching for some NLA parts for an IH 4500 field cultivator and found all the numbers on there I needed. It’ll show you every part number like a real site should unlike the new Case site. 

Good find with the avspare site, I tried it yesterday and it shows all the old part numbers, it has helped me find a couple of NLA parts already.

Thanks a bunch!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, pirlbeck said:

Yes, I understand how that works and have been using it daily. It is fine for looking up multiple part number for a job, but it is not handy for checking an individual part number, which I could do by just inputting the individual part number and hitting enter on the old site. 

How about finding parts by parts specification, is that still on the site somewhere or did we lose that feature with the "new and improved" site? 

I guess I don't understand your trying to find a part by specs I've only done it by known part numbers 

5 minutes ago, ksfarmdude said:

I guess I don't understand your trying to find a part by specs I've only done it by known part numbers 

The old site, in the lower LH corner had a "find parts by part specification" where you could start with a type of part, say screw or bolt was one for example and then you would work through a series of option lists and finally you would end up with a list of part numbers that matched what you had selected. Then from this list you could sort by thread sizes and length. I used it a lot and really miss it. And there were number of different categories ....... fittings, bearings etc.  

40 minutes ago, pirlbeck said:

The old site, in the lower LH corner had a "find parts by part specification" where you could start with a type of part, say screw or bolt was one for example and then you would work through a series of option lists and finally you would end up with a list of part numbers that matched what you had selected. Then from this list you could sort by thread sizes and length. I used it a lot and really miss it. And there were number of different categories ....... fittings, bearings etc.  

Ahhhhh ok never really used that search method guess it was something I either overlooked or never had the need for

On 11/20/2020 at 1:52 PM, Reichow7120 said:

Drive 15 miles to the dealer because chances are you can't get the parts guy to understand what you need on the phone unless it's a common part or you have a good parts man. So you go down to look at their computer. Find out if they have it or not. Find out if anyone has it anywhere near you if they don't have it. If not, have it shipped depending on how bad you need it. Have another trip back and forth to get it if you couldn't get it on the 1st trip. I realize that gas is cheaper but damn if you don't have to burn it, why do it.

The parts lookup way. Bring up model, area you're working on, find part, find part number, call, see if they have it or anyone nearby does. If they have it, go get it, if not either go where they have it or have them order it. Saves travel and gas. Sounds simpler to me. But im a dumb peon.

Yep...we have been getting things we can wait for from messicks for example.  4 5 days it on my desk.   Its 10mile to dealer, they have been struggling to get some good parts guys.  They are learning at least.  But yeah...i end up standing there with them on the same site.  May as well do my self.  If need now ill call town and hope they have it at one of their 2 stores and hope for tomorrow.

Hope they clean it up.  Fiat just feels kinda goofy.

I can't just go to the dealer to locate up parts. An hour and a half is too far. I used the text them part numbers and they called me when they came in. I either had them ship them to me or my wife got a shopping trip.

Now I don't trust the new site because of several wrong part number it has given me... so I get out parts books when I have them, looking at the parts site and talk to a parts man all at the same time... it takes alot more time now for both of us.

Yesterdays i tried to look up a new holland 273 hay baler on the nh side of the site and couldn't find it!

I'm  completely frustrated with the new site. The dealer's parts department feels the same.

Thx-Ace 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1