Cuttin firewood

More info on coot Popular Mechanics - coot article

Will try and round up more pics

Picture doesnt do it any justice. But it's a 14' dump trailer stacked to the moon. About all a 3/4 ton wanted to handle. 

Bad thing is this will last me a couple weeks is all. 

This particular load was for my bil who was down hard with covid. Double pneumonia so it's a while before hes gonna feel like swinging a maul. 

IMG_1921.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Ash tree down. Must have been dead longer than I realized, kind of exploded when it hit the ground. Not as bad as last years Elm. Nice to have good help, didn't have to work near as hard today.

IMG_0862.JPG

• Like 1

I could ad a little too ?

Helped my FIL this summer get some ash out of a pretty swampy area. Only chance to get it out as trail is flooded in winter time. 

20201027_164744.jpg

20201101_113857.jpg

• Like 3

Spent another day with the saws. Uncle/helper came up, needed firewood, I have plenty. Only put two loader buckets full on the pile, all walnut. While he was here i dumped 11, (I think) large Silver Maples. Must be getting braver, some of the ones I cut today I was thinking of having a pro do. Who knows, another 15 years or so I may have this place cleaned up. All I know is the MS362 with 25" bar was worth every penny!

......big, old Monterey   Pine......140 yrs approx by counting growth rings.....had died, will keep us warm for a day or two....

Mike

IMG_1110.JPG

IMG_1114.JPG

IMG_1120.JPG

IMG_1116.JPG

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, mike newman said:

......big, old Monterey   Pine......140 yrs approx by counting growth rings.....had died, will keep us warm for a day or two....

Mike

IMG_1110.JPG

IMG_1114.JPG

IMG_1120.JPG

IMG_1116.JPG

What size saw are you cutting that up with?

19 minutes ago, DT Fan said:

What size saw are you cutting that up with?

.....either   660   Stihl......or for the big cuts, the old 76    Stihl with a 36 inch bar.....Trouble for me, these days,  is the 76 is so darn heavy to heft.....so the son, pictured  has to do the "heavy lifting ...".....

..that old tree was eight feet through at the butt.....need a big saw to drop it and 'wheel '' it up 

Mike

Cut some down today and George piled it up by a farm lane so we can get to it if it gets muddy . 

IMG_20210131_165107221_HDR.jpg

• Like 2

cut split and in the basement, the wood stove will last a 12 hour run and can run all winter with out power.

IMG_0033.JPG

100_1793.JPG

100_1358.JPG

• Like 5