For those of us with green equipment

On 11/19/2020 at 11:47 AM, lorenzo said:

And it’s not that way when your fixing up an old red one?

HA HA HA.  ya right. 

Don’t kid yourself. 

Usually try to get aftermarket or used parts for those because yikes that's even if the dealer has the parts or is able to get them

• Sad 1
On 11/19/2020 at 12:22 PM, ky966boy said:

Think that’s any dealer if they got it it’s gold if you got it it’s 💩 

Actually you'd be surprised our Deere dealer is about the only one who wants to do business and that's why we now have mostly Deere equipment or is sold through Deere. Always gave us good trade value when upgrading to new equipment. Case and NH dealers would even give the time of day. Although when we traded our round baler for a new one the NH dealer was ready to make a deal right then and there. But round balers seemed to be a hot commodity this year

3 minutes ago, Bgriffin856 said:

Actually you'd be surprised our Deere dealer is about the only one who wants to do business and that's why we now have mostly Deere equipment or is sold through Deere. Always gave us good trade value when upgrading to new equipment. Case and NH dealers would even give the time of day. Although when we traded our round baler for a new one the NH dealer was ready to make a deal right then and there. But round balers seemed to be a hot commodity this year

You have a better one than me .

• Like 1

Not trying to cause a brand war but we have two very good John Deere dealers that seem to go out of their way to help you.  The case IH dealer closest to us is getting a lot better better.  As long as you talk to the right people at case IH your okay.  Parts for any color seem to add up fast.  Most of the vendors we deal with seem to say service could be better if they could find employees.  

Parts for the little yellow and white ones are that way too.............

Back in 1992 we bought 5 new Kenworth W900 tractors for the fleet. We are strictly Paccar but were Kenworth heavy and we had good life out of our KW,s. So around 2000 or 2001 we were ready to trade for some new ones. I will never forget the look on the KW reps face when we asked for the number on the trades and he turned to us and said they dont want them, we would have to sell them ourselves. WTH I looked right at him, said you were awfully proud of them when you sold them so you can leave now!  From that moment on we stayed 50/50  and with how the dealer prices parts we have migrated to all Petes. Funny how 1 small action can change a lot of events. 

Just now, ejb17 said:

Back in 1992 we bought 5 new Kenworth W900 tractors for the fleet. We are strictly Paccar but were Kenworth heavy and we had good life out of our KW,s. So around 2000 or 2001 we were ready to trade for some new ones. I will never forget the look on the KW reps face when we asked for the number on the trades and he turned to us and said they dont want them, we would have to sell them ourselves. WTH I looked right at him, said you were awfully proud of them when you sold them so you can leave now!  From that moment on we stayed 50/50  and with how the dealer prices parts we have migrated to all Petes. Funny how 1 small action can change a lot of events. 

Paccar owns both Kenworth and Peterbilt and have for a long time. 

The dealer makes such a difference. I can't seem to get along the the local jd, Kubota and vermeere dealers parts departments. It doesn't matter how good their sales are if they won't give me good parts service. Thx-Ace 

• Like 1

Lol it’s true for all of them. I’ve been buying bearings from John Deere lately for the 2188 though. 1/3 to sometimes half for good namebramd bearings.  Lots of them cross over so a little quick searching sometimes saves me 50-100 bucks a trip quite easily. The dealers are side by side in town so there’s no distance difference. 

• Like 1

I don't have near the parts spend most here have, but try to save a bit where possible,  started buying Deere oil filters for the Onan engine in my 982 Cub Cadet, $8-$9 each instead of almost $20 for the Onan filter at my old Cub Cadet dealer.  Then about 13-14 years ago I go into the Deere dealer for a filter and a $250 Stihl leaf blower. Their parts dept is busy, I amuse myself looking around their showroom. One by one customers leave, and eventually there's one customer being helped by one parts guy. Customer leaves and parts guy starts straightening spray cans on the shelves across from the parts counter, I'm leaning on the counter 8-9 feet from him,  for 5 minutes.  I've been there about 30 minutes total. Finally the parts manager walks out of the back office, He says, "Have you been helped?". I say, "Thank GOD, I thought I had become INVISIBLE!".  Manager said "Doesn't So-and-So know your waiting? I responded, "I have NO idea what he knows, but he's trying REALLY hard to ignor me, I've been here half an hour waiting to be waited on, Been just Me and So-and-So the last 5 minutes."  Parts guy still playing with spray cans. Manager wants to argue more,  I interupt him, and say, "I came here for a Stihl BG-285 leaf blower,  Absolutely has to be in a box, it's a gift."  Manager says " We don't sell them in a box, we pre-delivery inspect them." I tell him, "I don't care what you do to it, but it has to be in a box when I walk out of here or I'm leaving right now."  Turns out I had to leave without it to go to their other store in town for the blower.  The good news is the blower still works like brand new. The other not so good news was the Deere oil filter they sold me I had to return,  too short, I could not get it tight. The chain saw chain they sharpened I hope is O-K.   My new Cub Cadet dealer also sells Stihl.  I needed a new voltage regulator for my CC - 70, Son was finding his dealers who could find a listing for the Delco-Remy number were around $100. I called my dealer, gave the parts guy the number over the phone, minute later he says, Got one on the shelf, $38.40 plus tax. Half hour later I'm writing out the check.

I should have maybe had them price me a new pickup, but I didn't really want a Chevy. But if I bought a motorcycle it would darn sure be a Yamaha from them!  But I doubt I EVER walk inside a Deere dealer ever again.  I can go to Wal-Mart and be ignorred and argued with.

Here the John Deere dealers also sell A&I Parts which are often up to half the price of the same item with JD's name on it. Like the starter I'm getting for $349 versus $700 for a JD reman. I've bought many CIH parts through A&I as well for much less than the CIH dealer's want for CIH parts. 

You all are right, service is everything.  Used to go to the Kubota dealer for my pumpkin support, had a gal that was honest and hard working. She was willing to ask if you would let her do some research and call you with the answer, heck yes (I believe “I don’t know” is an intelligent answer). And she would call you back.   She left, I was not impressed and have not been in so much since.  Looking for bucket teeth, they wanted $26, Case construction wanted $12.  A coupLe parts they wanted a huge amount to ship in, I asked for them about going on a stock order, nope!  Screw it I can order online for that.

real shame to since they have a pretty good short line implement selection. I bought my tiller and packer there.  

The parts men at the Juan Deere dealer I use (I probably haven't spent $100 there in the last five years, (and as you all know, that does NOT buy a whole h3ll of a lot of parts), know my name, treat me like I am somebody, and will actually shoot the sheet with you, if they aren't that busy. (Maybe there NOT being a lot of cidiots annoying them, might contribute to their attitude, although I have NO idea of what they say amongst themselves after I leave).

It might help that one of the salesmen comes from the Sterling-Haxton, CO area (an area of that once great state, BEFORE the Front Range took over, and ruined it), and the other retired from Chevron

6 hours ago, DOCTOR EVIL said:

I don't have near the parts spend most here have, but try to save a bit where possible,  started buying Deere oil filters for the Onan engine in my 982 Cub Cadet, $8-$9 each instead of almost $20 for the Onan filter at my old Cub Cadet dealer.  Then about 13-14 years ago I go into the Deere dealer for a filter and a $250 Stihl leaf blower. Their parts dept is busy, I amuse myself looking around their showroom. One by one customers leave, and eventually there's one customer being helped by one parts guy. Customer leaves and parts guy starts straightening spray cans on the shelves across from the parts counter, I'm leaning on the counter 8-9 feet from him,  for 5 minutes.  I've been there about 30 minutes total. Finally the parts manager walks out of the back office, He says, "Have you been helped?". I say, "Thank GOD, I thought I had become INVISIBLE!".  Manager said "Doesn't So-and-So know your waiting? I responded, "I have NO idea what he knows, but he's trying REALLY hard to ignor me, I've been here half an hour waiting to be waited on, Been just Me and So-and-So the last 5 minutes."  Parts guy still playing with spray cans. Manager wants to argue more,  I interupt him, and say, "I came here for a Stihl BG-285 leaf blower,  Absolutely has to be in a box, it's a gift."  Manager says " We don't sell them in a box, we pre-delivery inspect them." I tell him, "I don't care what you do to it, but it has to be in a box when I walk out of here or I'm leaving right now."  Turns out I had to leave without it to go to their other store in town for the blower.  The good news is the blower still works like brand new. The other not so good news was the Deere oil filter they sold me I had to return,  too short, I could not get it tight. The chain saw chain they sharpened I hope is O-K.   My new Cub Cadet dealer also sells Stihl.  I needed a new voltage regulator for my CC - 70, Son was finding his dealers who could find a listing for the Delco-Remy number were around $100. I called my dealer, gave the parts guy the number over the phone, minute later he says, Got one on the shelf, $38.40 plus tax. Half hour later I'm writing out the check.

I should have maybe had them price me a new pickup, but I didn't really want a Chevy. But if I bought a motorcycle it would darn sure be a Yamaha from them!  But I doubt I EVER walk inside a Deere dealer ever again.  I can go to Wal-Mart and be ignorred and argued with.

And think of all the interesting people you get to meet in Walmart, maybe able to start a new thread about them😎