Stupid should hurt

2 minutes ago, 1466fan said:

They should remove all warning labels and thin the herd. 

I bought a pair of gloves yesterday, mechanix brand, i think.. each had a warning label sewn into the cuff and was so long it bunched up where the fingers started.... ON GLOVES! Was like a grocery store receipt inside your gloves. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1
22 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

I bought a pair of gloves yesterday, mechanix brand, i think.. each had a warning label sewn into the cuff and was so long it bunched up where the fingers started.... ON GLOVES! Was like a grocery store receipt inside your gloves. 

Worst I have seen was a stihl weedeater. I had lost my manual so I found a pdf and downloaded to my phone. Page after page of warnings. More warnings than actual info. Stuff like don't weedeat your leg. Don't weedeat your arm. Don't weedeat your foot. Well no s###. I'm not a rocket scientist but momma didn't raise no moron either. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, 1466fan said:

Worst I have seen was a stihl weedeater. I had lost my manual so I found a pdf and downloaded to my phone. Page after page of warnings. More warnings than actual info. Stuff like don't weedeat your leg. Don't weedeat your arm. Don't weedeat your foot. Well no s###. I'm not a rocket scientist but momma didn't raise no moron either. 

I am surprised it wasn't a list of little pictograms or icons you have to decipher. Wife's car that I don't drive very often drives me nuts seems like a hazard to me trying decipher pictures that don' resemble anything. Kind of like one of those ink blot tests

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
13 minutes ago, VacDaddyt said:

Actually it was poisoning live stock.

Had arsenic in it, right?

• Like 2

It’s been posted here before but 

09A32EC8-BC99-4699-84BE-A64EE5E6B606.thumb.jpeg.4bd08de0590bf12409ead25fec92ebc0.jpeg

and that might be a Mike drop

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Boys, we can laugh or cry

IAM going to laugh because I know I will be around to help usher in the new Darwin Award winners each year😃

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Steve C. said:

Had arsenic in it, right?

Realise that arsenic is bordering on being declared an essential trace mineral.  So us folk from marginal country need to get into eating prawns when possible.

Granted there is too much but I doubt you'd overdose on prawns

10 hours ago, mikem said:

Starting next year, ladders won't come any shorter than 6 feet.

No room for all the warnings on shorter ones.

Mike

Speaking of this . I install security systems ( card access , fire alarm, cctv and other low voltage) for a living. We have jobsites and customers who have policies that no ladders allowed on jobsite. Must use some form of man lift . Only exceptions are in closets and small rooms where lifts won't fit. Even then we have to sign our lives away to bring ladders in . Not to derail the topic but that just popped in my head .

9 hours ago, INTERNATIONAL 1466 said:

I gotta say that if stupid hurts, then around 90% of our country should be in extreme pain! Man there is a lot of stupid out there! I better stop now before I blow something important.

More like the 10 that stole our stuff then tell us we aren’t nice to them because they stole our stuff. 
Feel free to substitute stuff with any words or phrases that you feel is covers the issues 

10 hours ago, junkandcattle said:

Don't forget railroad crossing signs

I seen a Yield Sign at a railroad crossing.

Apparently someone didn't and got into an argument with the train. (Which can hurt, a lot!)

I love how the news reports a train hitting a car?

Sounds like the train jumped the track intentionally to hit the car.

You just can't fix stupid!

41 minutes ago, Diesel Doctor said:

I seen a Yield Sign at a railroad crossing.

Apparently someone didn't and got into an argument with the train. (Which can hurt, a lot!)

I love how the news reports a train hitting a car?

Sounds like the train jumped the track intentionally to hit the car.

You just can't fix stupid!

You brought up an interesting question, although I doubt if many of those 'self-driving' cars will show up out in the boonies.

But, what does the car do when it comes up on a railroad crossing, with NO flashers, or cross arms.

• Like 1

I looks both ways, right!  LOL.  My pet peeve is prescription drugs with so many warning the label has to fold out and they hide the directions for use in tiny print somewhere in the back!  Aren't the directions of how many to take and when the most important part!!!  Maybe if they put that up front in bold print they would not need all the other stuff!!