Where it started

Never seen a lilly patch before.  All green house container grown these days I guess.  Thanks for sharing pretty neat.

Very kul paul thanx, your grand dad looks very fit, sign of the times.

Ive got a pic around of my grand dad at a  barn dance in 1901, sitting in a harvest moon, ya can't beat old pictures for telling stories, not like the selfie binge nowadays.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Dasnake said:

Very kul paul thanx, your grand dad looks very fit, sign of the times.

Ive got a pic around of my grand dad at a  barn dance in 1901, sitting in a harvest moon, ya can't beat old pictures for telling stories, not like the selfie binge nowadays.

Both were hard workers. My Great Grampa was a farmer/logger. I never knew him. My Grampa Williamson died from a heart attack at 57 when we were cleaning stalls. I was pretty young so didnt get to know him to well though I only remember him getting stearn with me once. WW2 Marine Vet.

1 hour ago, hobbyfarm said:

Never seen a lilly patch before.  All green house container grown these days I guess.  Thanks for sharing pretty neat.

I never thought of that. Seems I have another pic of his lily's many years later so he must've grown them awhile. 

47 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

Nice story and great pictures. 

Wish I knew the whole story. I did find a small booklet that shoes Smith history.  I will try to read it tomorrow.  From what I remember the whole family moved from Missouri to California then Great Grampa Guy brought the family to Oregon. I never met him that I remember and can only remember going to his farm once but was to young to understand. 

8 minutes ago, redneckhippie said:

Wish I knew the whole story. I did find a small booklet that shoes Smith history.  I will try to read it tomorrow.  From what I remember the whole family moved from Missouri to California then Great Grampa Guy brought the family to Oregon. I never met him that I remember and can only remember going to his farm once but was to young to understand. 

Ya know stories like these are what life is all about, my grand dad died in ‘49, I have a pic of him, my old man and me in ‘48, I also have a letter he sent me in March of ‘48 with two dollars in it, I’ve always had the letter but 10 years ago I went to a coin store and bought two period  time wise 1 dollar bills and put them with the letter to pass on to my kids as something from their great grand dad.

• Like 4