Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, TP from Central PA said:

Ok you win..........That is crappier than mine, and mine is a farm truck............I am missing the seat cover, yarn balls, 50,000 masks, and the sanitizer stuffed in the door.  I put most of my junk in a bucket on the passengers side, minus hitch pins, reciever, and rags which lay right behind the shifter/4wd stick on the floor.  That java cup sure looks sketchy there, on my travels I would be wearing the contents of it.

My vehicles ALL get seat covers. I hate whomped out seats. I have rebuilt all my saab seats and replaced my jeep seats. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

My vehicles ALL get seat covers. I hate whomped out seats. I have rebuilt all my saab seats and replaced my jeep seats. 

I recover mine............basic bench seat in the truck I use often, have done it twice in the time I had it.  Never had issues with the cars, not covered in crude sliding into those.  Actually don't wear them out, or even get them dirty(Atleast nothing the 409 won't take out of the black pleather), they start tearing out around the front edge from me sliding in and out.  That is why I hate to give up my old relic, its just the right height, even hooking up wagons without a extenable tongue, leave the door open and two slide in and outs and the pin is in and your off.  The '02 I had, I needed a service body with a crane on it to get in and out when you compared the heights of the two.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

I recover mine............basic bench seat in the truck I use often, have done it twice in the time I had it.  Never had issues with the cars, not covered in crude sliding into those.  Actually don't wear them out, or even get them dirty(Atleast nothing the 409 won't take out of the black pleather), they start tearing out around the front edge from me sliding in and out.  That is why I hate to give up my old relic, its just the right height, even hooking up wagons without a extenable tongue, leave the door open and two slide in and outs and the pin is in and your off.  The '02 I had, I needed a service body with a crane on it to get in and out when you compared the heights of the two.

The cabelas trail gear seat covers are 29.99 for bucket and 39.99 (or were) for bench , available in gray, tan or camo. They have enough cinch up straps and laces for a good fit in anything ive tried to put them in. Dont even flap in the jeep. Tight as a fiddle string. Ive seen nicer but not better bang for your buck. Got them in everything. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys all work with your trucks, all day everyday, can't expect daily cleanouts, right, now me, I'm old, my truck can have dinner served anywhere in it, on it, under it, the caveat, it never goes in the rain, it doesn't pull mall duty, work detail or anything but the odd long drive or camper vacation duty, other than that its kept covered, dry, clean and waxed, 103,000 kms on an '07.

Some peeps see it as a waste, but I remember the days when one of our cars would never move except sunny weather, I put the ram in the same boat, my jeep isnt babied and gets dirty, just like normal folks vehicles.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, IKS said:

I was told one time ,as he tapped the dash ,Ian if you had a vise right here you would have every thing you need".

A guy told me he wanted three dashes on a truck.

That way he could haul more stuff right in plain view.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Diesel Doctor said:

A guy told me he wanted three dashes on a truck.

That way he could haul more stuff right in plain view.

ever seen cheaper by the dozen? there is a scene in that that reminds me of my fathers van, he has more crap on the dash than he does in the back I think. its really quite embarrassing actually, there have been times I have refused to go with him until he does something about it. some stuff is ok, but it accumulates trash and empty seltzer cans, old coffee cups etc. vans have a HUGE dash and it all tapers down to the windshield. gets bad enough the defroster can't keep up and melts plastic stuff. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

ever seen cheaper by the dozen? there is a scene in that that reminds me of my fathers van, he has more crap on the dash than he does in the back I think. its really quite embarrassing actually, there have been times I have refused to go with him until he does something about it. some stuff is ok, but it accumulates trash and empty seltzer cans, old coffee cups etc. vans have a HUGE dash and it all tapers down to the windshield. gets bad enough the defroster can't keep up and melts plastic stuff. 

I can't wait until you have a Mini Me..............you are going to learn alot!:lol:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Old is a a glow plug malfunction! I suggest you retitle  this thread to reflect organizational issues . Unless you have that I stand to apologize 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dasnake said:

This is how I keep the auld ram clean!!!

 

F0664A47-4760-4811-BEBD-EF20E9ED4BB9.jpeg

9F682BCD-48D5-4FDB-90D7-2EA44570C430.jpeg

I like the tablecloth 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

I like the tablecloth 

Ya I have one in the back also keeps water off the cover, even though it’s waterproof and does fine keeps sap and pollution off as much as it can.

Link to post
Share on other sites

From an email - no source

Adding spice to getting old

"

Yesterday my daughter e-mailed me, again, asking why I didn't do something useful with my time.

 

"Like, sitting around the pool, drinking wine isn't a good thing?” I asked.

Talking about my "doing something useful" seems to be her favorite topic of conversation.

She is "only thinking of me," she said, and suggested I go down to the Senior Centre and hang out with the fellas. So I did, and when I got home, decided to play a prank on her.

I sent her an e-mail saying that I had joined the Senior Parachute Club. She replied,

"Are you nuts? You're 86-years-old and now you're going to start jumping out of airplanes?"

I told her that I even had a Membership Card and e-mailed a copy to her.

Immediately, she telephoned me and yelled,

"Good grief, Dad, where are your glasses?! This is a membership to a Prostitute Club, not a Parachute Club."

"Oh man, am I in trouble," I said, "I've signed up for five jumps a week!"

 

The line went dead.

Life as a Senior Citizen isn't getting any easier, but sometimes it can be fun."

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...