2020 Harvest pics

Finished up all my customers corn on Halloween this year, 3 days before I even started last year. Thought I would share a couple pictures. Hydro was starting to get week so after harvest I pulled pump and motor and they are going in for a refresh. 35 years on original hydros..It is time. 

4AECEF6A-24AC-47CE-8D0B-34EFBA92E7D6.jpeg

B795EE56-36B8-4C11-A631-57D48EC60E7C.jpeg

D0BAD12B-E71C-44A0-B48F-DB2B64EB528F.jpeg

180A7E7B-728E-41AB-9755-BF117D53CD14.jpeg

4884B7B6-65D5-452F-A1C4-5DFE07DA5133.jpeg

07A606AE-0B20-47F2-8121-2BEFC27C78BC.jpeg

D2BE43D8-8082-462B-BD9A-4A1A340C11F9.jpeg

245D209C-F615-4B21-8475-ECC9ADB93B5B.jpeg

62F500FC-D2DD-4CCC-84D4-63F49CBB271A.jpeg

06813329-0D4E-4114-9927-1686C2951903.jpeg

• Like 17

Beautiful 😍

I'm half tempted to get a combine and get into a little grain farming/custom work. But the past three falls and the ground around here wouldn't be fun

9 minutes ago, ihman1468 said:

Chris. your combine looks like it was the first time in the fields after leaving the factory.

Thanks Wilson! It was kind of funny, was combining for a new customer and farmer on the next road over saw me a couple days later and said he had to drive over and look because he saw a new red combine and had to come see who got a new machine. Lol

• Haha 1

Nice pictures, Chris! Looks a little moist, I’m in the beginnings of shelling here. Getting wet fast. We’ll see how this turns out this year, picking for a neighbor and it’s slow going right now since corn is a little wet and they are grinding enough for them to feed out so it’s slow. Hopefully corn gets drier soon so they can start storing it. They don’t have a drier so praying for dry weather. 

5 minutes ago, NY1468 said:

Nice pictures, Chris! Looks a little moist, I’m in the beginnings of shelling here. Getting wet fast. We’ll see how this turns out this year, picking for a neighbor and it’s slow going right now since corn is a little wet and they are grinding enough for them to feed out so it’s slow. Hopefully corn gets drier soon so they can start storing it. They don’t have a drier so praying for dry weather. 

Was only wet like that for a couple days after a heavy rain. Still dry here. Warmest driest fall in many years. There was no high moisture corn here this year. Majority of corn came out between 16-20%. 21 was highest I saw all fall and was finished by Halloween. We are way short of moisture this year. 

5 minutes ago, ChrisNY said:

Was only wet like that for a couple days after a heavy rain. Still dry here. Warmest driest fall in many years. There was no high moisture corn here this year. Majority of corn came out between 16-20%. 21 was highest I saw all fall and was finished by Halloween. We are way short of moisture this year. 

The field I’m in right now is at 16-17% so I assume they could store it with a little air and be fine, but they have 30-40 ton of wheat in their bin still from this summer. They say it’s going away soon but I’m not sure when. There are about 100 acres of corn in that range and another 130 or so that we tested yesterday that was in the low 20’s yet which is to wet for them to store. They are feeding 6ish ton a day so we’ll see how long this takes...

2 minutes ago, NY1468 said:

The field I’m in right now is at 16-17% so I assume they could store it with a little air and be fine, but they have 30-40 ton of wheat in their bin still from this summer. They say it’s going away soon but I’m not sure when. There are about 100 acres of corn in that range and another 130 or so that we tested yesterday that was in the low 20’s yet which is to wet for them to store. They are feeding 6ish ton a day so we’ll see how long this takes...

No dryers around? winds of change in the weather are blowing

Just now, ChrisNY said:

No dryers around? winds of change in the weather are blowing

My brother has a drier but its not in a handy spot. I know what your saying, some of their corn is awful short too which doesn’t bowed well if it snows much. 

31 minutes ago, NY1468 said:

My brother has a drier but its not in a handy spot. I know what your saying, some of their corn is awful short too which doesn’t bowed well if it snows much. 

Yea, its always a gamble once you get past mid November. 

• Like 1

nice pictures. I just finished my corn yesterday. Had to wait for trucks to haul it to the mill, after I finished drying and storing all that my granary would hold. Corn down here was extremely dusty. Left side of the 1460 is almost black. Its supposed to warm up this weekend so I can wash it off. Hope it shines like yours when I'm done.

I would like to get a yield monitor like yours. My 1460 is a 1983 model. It has 4 steps on the ladder, unlike your 3 steps and then stairs. Were you able to reach over that trailer? I have to watch where I set up, to  clear the truck.

10 hours ago, ChrisNY said:

they are going in for a refresh. 35 years on original hydros..It is time.

Thanks for sharing - really like your combine.  Was your loup elite grain monitor easy to install on your combine?

We just installed a new hydro in my 1460 while fixing the pto shaft leak.

Look'n good Chris. Nice to see you finished in good time this year.  I just personally finished yesterday, have two more wagons to deliver today.  Feels nice to be done!  It was end of December for me last year.

Combine is looking great.  Sorry to hear you had to do work on hydro, but at least you have a shop to work at it and you don't have to rush to finish corn.  Wish ours could shine as much as yours does.

11 hours ago, ny bill o said:

nice pictures. I just finished my corn yesterday. Had to wait for trucks to haul it to the mill, after I finished drying and storing all that my granary would hold. Corn down here was extremely dusty. Left side of the 1460 is almost black. Its supposed to warm up this weekend so I can wash it off. Hope it shines like yours when I'm done.

I would like to get a yield monitor like yours. My 1460 is a 1983 model. It has 4 steps on the ladder, unlike your 3 steps and then stairs. Were you able to reach over that trailer? I have to watch where I set up, to  clear the truck.

My ladder set up is custom made to clear the 30.5’s with axle extensions. 
Yes have no problem getting over that trailer as long as it is on a flat surface. A couple fields had dump on the road

11 hours ago, TeachersPet1066 said:

Thanks for sharing - really like your combine.  Was your loup elite grain monitor easy to install on your combine?

We just installed a new hydro in my 1460 while fixing the pto shaft leak.

It was fairly easy to install, 3 or 4 hours if I remember right.  I initially had the 8000i but upgraded to the Elite last year