Hiller, you can take out as many as you want. I'll throw some $$ in the kitty for your bail.

To be honest, I have seen more issues with the local great white coyote and deer hunters than city 'opening weekend' hunters. They all have the attitude that.... I know Gene, he won't mind if I open his gates and drive all over his farms. 

Probably 10 years ago or more had a 'hunter' bury his pickup in a wet spot in my bean field. Couldn't see it from my house, the neighbor called and told me. I got there and he was shoveling like crazy to get out. I told him not to hurry because I had called the county sheriff and he was on his way. Yep, the deputy (who I knew) showed up reamed his axx and gave him a ticket. The guy actually had the balls to ask if I would pull him out. Deputy just grinned. I said sure.. I had the 706 and had a chain on it. But I had him fasten the chain to his vehicle, I did not touch it. I had the deputy watch that I did not touch his vehicle. His front wheels were cranked to the stops in one direction and I was hooked at a 90 degree. They were buried to the hubs. I must have had mud on my boots because just as the chain got tight my foot slipped off the clutch. The guy screamed to be careful. Deputy stated he hadn't seen anything because he was looking else where. One front tire was flat and ended up pulling it off the rim by the time I got him drug to the road. My friend the deputy pointed out that he had all the guys information and that he would be best served never to show up in the area again.        I still had to fill in the ruts and holes in the bean field, but I was probably grinning all the while.

Around here usually once a year somebody has a run-in with hunters. Oh, and if you have a farm pond, the same is true with the local fishermen. 

• Like 2

I had one a****** who set up a tree stand on a line tree on my side of my property line, overlooking 5 gallons of apples he had dumped in my field.  He chained the tree stand to the tree and had a padlock on it. I guess he didn't expect me to have a large bolt cutter handy. I took the treestand down and took it back to my barn. A week later his wife showed up asking if I had found a treestand. I told her that I had found one on my property. She said it was her husband's and asked if he could have it back. I told her to have the ******* grow a pair of balls and come ask me for it himself instead of sending his wife to ask for it. The tree stand is still leaning up against the side of my barn 15 years later.

• Like 3

They have identified the people responsible 

I won't say anything more because of any court action that may occur. 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, sandhiller said:

Good. Hopefully they never consider actions like that ever again once the judge has something to say about it. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, sandhiller said:

I was hoping for a short rope tall tree story

• Like 2
On 11/17/2020 at 6:55 AM, Finney said:

We had these problems for a few years the problems have seemed to stopped. Cannot go into what stopped it. 

Daughter in law called Saturday morning (opening morning) A guy had his stand 2-3ft. from the property line facing our side. Went and had a chat with him and he thought is was best to move it.

Like your style.

We had a aggressive Rottweiler from a home 1/4 mile away that had a pitbull who attacked my wife (police ended up coming for that...idiotic).  The owner was talked to more than 5x about the rott in the free stall barn here with the cows spooking them.  The owners dad had been talked too....the mother...the owner again...   It was caught trotting away from the barn one afternoon.  Again......for the last time.

Forever.  😕

I cant believe these "hunters" are this crappy guys.  Feel for you guys that gots to be frustrating

• Like 2

IF those who provided the information that identified these people, were their fellow hunters, I would find a way to reward them.

Expect little, if anything, to be done by either law enforcement, or the 'justice' system,  which would make the case for "people's justice'.

• Like 2

It seems that as more hunters are only trophy hunting for big bucks, they will do more and more nefarious activities to get the big bucks they want. Have a neighbor like that, always on our property, calls and says he had to come over on ours and do this, or that, but wasn't on our side long. Don't care for the guy at all. True trophy hunter. My brother shoots the first 4 large deer he sees, does, bucks with small horns, bucks with big horns, doesn't matter, he's hunting for venison. If it goes on the neighbor's, you have to call him, and he will go look for it for you. If it's a good buck, he "couldn't find it" even with a good shot. I know where it goes. If it's a small buck or a doe, it gets dragged to the line and then my brother has to hear preaching about why he shouldn't shoot the small bucks, let them get bigger so they are trophy class. It always really ****** the neighbor off when he tells them he couldn't shoot the other 4 point because it ran off after he shot the first one.

• Like 2
49 minutes ago, RBootsMI said:

It seems that as more hunters are only trophy hunting for big bucks, they will do more and more nefarious activities to get the big bucks they want. Have a neighbor like that, always on our property, calls and says he had to come over on ours and do this, or that, but wasn't on our side long. Don't care for the guy at all. True trophy hunter. My brother shoots the first 4 large deer he sees, does, bucks with small horns, bucks with big horns, doesn't matter, he's hunting for venison. If it goes on the neighbor's, you have to call him, and he will go look for it for you. If it's a good buck, he "couldn't find it" even with a good shot. I know where it goes. If it's a small buck or a doe, it gets dragged to the line and then my brother has to hear preaching about why he shouldn't shoot the small bucks, let them get bigger so they are trophy class. It always really ****** the neighbor off when he tells them he couldn't shoot the other 4 point because it ran off after he shot the first one.

Around here everyone pretty much tells you to take Doe if you're on someone else's land. If you don't, chances are you aren't coming back next year.

Im going to get skewered for saying this. But in my area. Shoot every damn one you see. They are thicker than fleas on a junkyard dog. I hate hunting season because of the childish BS that goes on. Being landowners we've been drug into squabbles and it's not fun. Dad gave up hunting practically when I was born because he was constantly dealing with trespassers shooting around when he was on their own ground. Chase them off and either deal with the next batch or the same ones would sneak back. Sheriff and game and DNR were no help. Eastern Calhoun County is a no man's land when it comes to government services. Brother and I never hunted because of that. We know guns like the back of our hand. Just don't hunt.

• Like 4
6 hours ago, Reichow7120 said:

Around here everyone pretty much tells you to take Doe if you're on someone else's land. If you don't, chances are you aren't coming back next year.

Im going to get skewered for saying this. But in my area. Shoot every damn one you see. They are thicker than fleas on a junkyard dog. I hate hunting season because of the childish BS that goes on. Being landowners we've been drug into squabbles and it's not fun. Dad gave up hunting practically when I was born because he was constantly dealing with trespassers shooting around when he was on their own ground. Chase them off and either deal with the next batch or the same ones would sneak back. Sheriff and game and DNR were no help. Eastern Calhoun County is a no man's land when it comes to government services. Brother and I never hunted because of that. We know guns like the back of our hand. Just don't hunt.

That is how it works around here usually and over the last few years it has worked to bring the population down. We now have nicer looking bucks if we want and my buddy gets to fill a couple of freezers. After the last fiasco of allowing other hunters with all the calls and complaining the answer is no or h!! no. Just me and my boys and one buddy.

• Like 2

When I was younger you could go ask a landowner if you could bow hunt on their ground and there was a good chance he/she would say yes.  After people started outfitting for deer and waving $$ around that went away over the course of a few years. It got to where I would ask two neighbors for permission. One was only the property next to our farm, none of his other property. Before long there were other people walking under me while I tried to bow hunt. It completely ruined bow hunting for me. I quit asking one and still just hunt on our ground or one 30ac patch that isn’t even timber next to my house. I know local guys with tracts they lease to hunt on just to keep outsiders away. I have never hunted in another state but have considered it some day. I was always raised that you treat others’ property better than you would your own. So many jacked up truck bro-hunters, their trailers loaded with gear rolling around giving real sportsmen a bad name...  Don’t get me started on the guys running coyote dogs...

• Like 5

I like hunting,  Mom and Dad hunted. They were real sportsmen.  I still hunt a day or 2 in the rifle season.  Way too many people all outfitted up in brand new gear walking all over creation nowadays though.  I am a meat hunter. cant care less about antler count. I ask my neighbor if I can hunt even though he said go on anytime.  I  usually just walk down the back on my own property and hope for the best.  Most hunters today are idiots with lots of gear, not real hunters. 

• Like 2

Bow season starts September 1st here and rifle November 1st so that gives bow hunters 2 month start before a month of rifle. Give permission to one guy every year to bow hunt for elk and he usually is successful and sends a bag of meat over for gratitude after, rifle is by draw differs by cow or bull and also if your female hunter, I swear if I don’t get my bull elk or moose draw next year I’m going in for breast augmentation, wife just said have you looked in the mirror lately you already got it😳

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
22 hours ago, hardtail said:

and also if your female hunter, I swear if I don’t get my bull elk or moose draw next year I’m going in for breast augmentation, wife just said have you looked in the mirror lately you already got it😳

I am going to be breaking one of the Cardinal Red Power Forum Unwritten Rules by TELLING, NOT asking, you not to show us pictures!!!  Thank you!

On 11/19/2020 at 8:13 PM, junkandcattle said:

I was hoping for a short rope tall tree story

Long sack and black plastic pipe.😇

Well, as of tonight, deer season 2020 is over. 

It has been one of the most trying seasons I can remember. 

More hunters that have disrespected my area than ever in the past. 

I think it is a sign of the moral compass that is deteriorating this country. 

The good was that there were no grass fires caused by hunters driving in tall grass

The bad was a lot of night hunting, trespassing and of course the travesty that happened to my friend and neighbor. 

I thank you all for your support and positive posts about the situation. 

I am confident the people responsible will pay dearly.

I hope the season goes better for you folks in your area. 

Thank you for replies of encouragement. 

Good hunting. 

• Like 3

That’s terrible, what the - - - -!!!!  , there darn lucky they didn’t do that to my dogs , I can tell you they would be breathing our oxygen 😡😡‘ I have hunted since I was a kid and know and respect what I’m hunting and peoples land . It’s just another no respect for anything that what we have going on in the world today .

Danny 

• Like 2

About 10 years ago during deer season someone shot my mom's pet donkey that was in with the cows in a 20 acre pasture field.   I can't imagine anyone mistaking a donkey for a deer, even if they were spotlighting at night.   

It was just a rotten thing to do.  Deputy came and looked but there wasn't anything anyone could do.  He was shot from the road most likely with no evidence left.   Hopefully Karma got the SOB that made my mother cry. 

I hunt on my own land, and if I had to hunt other property I just wouldn't do it.   I let a few close friends hunt and they are good people.   I've been asked 100 times though by people if they can hunt, and I just simply tell them no.  

Coyote hunters who use dogs...   I had a calf killed years ago when dogs got onto our place and the cows were trying to protect their young, one got stepped on.  I watched it happen and I confronted the hunter.  He proved himself to be a worthless pile who wasn't worth risking jail time over.  He actually mouthed off after I felt the conversation was over but when I turned around again and said something to the effect of "you wanna come say that to where I can here it" he quickly changed his tune.  

Local deputy came out and did absolutely nothing, and explained I couldn't keep other's off my own property.  (fake news) That's when he got asked to leave as well.  Irony is that deputy got in trouble a year later for some illegal nonsense.... 

I try and live my life in a way that doesn't bother others and is respectful of others.  I just wish more people had that same attitude.   

FB_IMG_1606171607169.jpg

• Like 4
3 hours ago, B.B. said:

About 10 years ago during deer season someone shot my mom's pet donkey that was in with the cows in a 20 acre pasture field.   I can't imagine anyone mistaking a donkey for a deer, even if they were spotlighting at night.   

It was just a rotten thing to do.  Deputy came and looked but there wasn't anything anyone could do.  He was shot from the road most likely with no evidence left.   Hopefully Karma got the SOB that made my mother cry. 

I hunt on my own land, and if I had to hunt other property I just wouldn't do it.   I let a few close friends hunt and they are good people.   I've been asked 100 times though by people if they can hunt, and I just simply tell them no.  

Coyote hunters who use dogs...   I had a calf killed years ago when dogs got onto our place and the cows were trying to protect their young, one got stepped on.  I watched it happen and I confronted the hunter.  He proved himself to be a worthless pile who wasn't worth risking jail time over.  He actually mouthed off after I felt the conversation was over but when I turned around again and said something to the effect of "you wanna come say that to where I can here it" he quickly changed his tune.  

Local deputy came out and did absolutely nothing, and explained I couldn't keep other's off my own property.  (fake news) That's when he got asked to leave as well.  Irony is that deputy got in trouble a year later for some illegal nonsense.... 

I try and live my life in a way that doesn't bother others and is respectful of others.  I just wish more people had that same attitude.   

FB_IMG_1606171607169.jpg

I don’t know where you are, but your words are my mantra also.

On another note with reading this thread you guys have a problem with a**holes who “think” they are hunters, for myself I’ve been hunting since the early 60s and of course there are problems but they are few, and we have a LOT of crown land and not a lot of need to hunt private land, we do of course have a shoot recover deal in place and that is followed pretty well also as long as you go to the owner first.

Up here we have a program called RAP, report all poachers, now I’m not a big rat out fan, covid is now becoming the new red scare from the 50s but I’ve seen some of the damage done by illicit hunting and it ****** me off, and as for your mistaking a donkey for whatever is total baloney, our fish and feathers take all complaints like that seriously, good luck.

That happened to a friend of mine about 10 years ago. His dog was fairly young and liked to go explore. He chased a deer out of his yard and the neighbour shot the dog. Police were called but nothing was ever done and no charges went through. The dog was not known to cause problems and just a frimdley 1-2 year old pup. Firms was very hurt but ran out of options as to what he could do. 

I used to think nothing of being out in the bush during hunting season but lately I seem to think about the risk more. Was out in our own field today burning a brush pile I had replied by hand thinking to my self I should be standing closer to the snowmobile. 

So far we haven’t had a lot of problems with hunters but all it takes is one.  We had one young kid years ago that decided to go onto our north quarter looking for sheds. Was end of April and still muddy. He drove into the swampy part along the bush and proceeded to sink to the frame on his truck. He walked the half mile north to the closed yard and explained the situation. Farmers wife said boy you’re going to have a awful long walk home lol. His jaw kind of dropped and it started to sink in what he’d done. Farmer finally took his tractor over and went in to pull him out. Only problem with that was he sunk his tractor in the process trying to get close to him. Phone call to his brother and another tractor was on its way(you can almost guess where this is headed lol) He got into the field hooked onto his brothers tractor and then proceeded to sink it. Call up another friend of theirs and he brings his 1805 Massey 4wd and finally gets everyone out. I found out about it a week or so later. I guess the kids grandfather really gave him heck when he got home lol.  

On 11/17/2020 at 10:34 PM, Rawleigh99 said:

I had one a****** who set up a tree stand on a line tree on my side of my property line, overlooking 5 gallons of apples he had dumped in my field.  He chained the tree stand to the tree and had a padlock on it. I guess he didn't expect me to have a large bolt cutter handy. I took the treestand down and took it back to my barn. A week later his wife showed up asking if I had found a treestand. I told her that I had found one on my property. She said it was her husband's and asked if he could have it back. I told her to have the ******* grow a pair of balls and come ask me for it himself instead of sending his wife to ask for it. The tree stand is still leaning up against the side of my barn 15 years later.

Found one on me one time locked to a tree I was fencing and had my chainsaw I cut tree and all down and accidentally felled tree on stand . Last week my deer camera got a guy walking by my blind in the middle of 450 acres while I was at work.

• Sad 1
13 hours ago, Dasnake said:

I don’t know where you are, but your words are my mantra also.

Gandalf,  (Tolkien) has a quote I absolutely love.  "Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folks that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love" 

Holding the door for the person behind you, letting the person with two items cut in front at the grocery when you have a whole cart full, waving etc.   All used to be common (or at least it seems like it did) just a few years ago but are almost nonexistent in today's society.     

But I digress.... :) 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, B.B. said:

Gandalf,  (Tolkien) has a quote I absolutely love.  "Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folks that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love" 

Holding the door for the person behind you, letting the person with two items cut in front at the grocery when you have a whole cart full, waving etc.   All used to be common (or at least it seems like it did) just a few years ago but are almost nonexistent in today's society.     

But I digress.... :) 

It's called being civilized. It's harder for some of us than others. That's why those that violate the boundaries needlessly p!ss us off so much.

• Like 3