So I ordered the Stihl

I had asked about backpack blowers, read a lot, and decided while the Stihl had slightly less volume I wanted to try it, was supposed to be here Thursday and Friday I got a call saying it wasn’t on the order, was backordered and to to be hopeful for this season. So I called to order the Echo, and he couldn’t get the echo, but could get the Shindaiwa EB810/rut which was the same thing, different color, don’t care supposed to be here Tuesday. In desperation I borrowed dads EB 8510 which is about 13 years old, and spent 7 hours with it today... I sure hope the ergonomics have improved. I am pretty stiff. I am tempted to get a smaller one for my wife as it is may times easier to do, around and under stuff with another blower.. maybe next year .

4 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

When it comes to blowers, I like Red Max

I would give them a fair shake, but the nearest dealer is at least 45mins. I try to keep these purchases local, both for philosophical reasons and service/parts

A guy I used to work with used his air boat to blow the leaves out of his yard he would fire it up and grab the tongue of the trailer and steer it around he said it worked great. He did live in the country lol.  

• Haha 5
1 minute ago, Doug in NY said:

major wind storm here today, the leaves are gone

I spent all day at it.. 5 bucks says mine are back tomorrow 

I spent the afternoon on a Stihl saw today thanks to that wind storm.......big chunk of a tree fell across entrance walk to church 15min before church started.

Wind was no fun to be out in.....

Stihl hand held blower helped with clean up.....

I save the leaves for the Peco Vac!

I have the Stihl SR200 backpack sprayer. Basically it's their smallest blower with a 2.5 gallon tank on it and a sprayer nozzle on the blower tube. I guess I haven't run other brands, but it seems comfortable enough. When the water tank is full you definitely know it, but that's to be expected. Sure is the ticket on mosquito control. Biggest surprise has been the fuel economy. Bet I could spray 50 gallons of mix on a single fuel tank full.

• Like 1

Well, here she is, supposedly the baddest chicken on the block. I haven't even fired it up, maybe this weekend. 

6F30C78F-9C57-4C38-9C91-9B17E38FBFB7.jpeg

A4F1B9B6-AE29-4F62-9934-5F6471B1987B.jpeg

10 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

Well, here she is, supposedly the baddest chicken on the block. I haven't even fired it up, maybe this weekend. 

6F30C78F-9C57-4C38-9C91-9B17E38FBFB7.jpeg

A4F1B9B6-AE29-4F62-9934-5F6471B1987B.jpeg

Weekend?????  Will that be for cleaning old man truck? LMAO

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, Wes806 said:

Weekend?????  Will that be for cleaning old man truck? LMAO

That is what i use, yes. My dog is a prolific shedder. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Highway crew got a little sloppy with the road grader today. BPB is way better than a power broom for cleanup. Why they thought I would want to mow up a ten lound rock is beyond my comprehension. 

I have been giving some thought this afternoon to buying a Stihl for snow removal on my bit of sidewalk and the ramp at church ,how much ccould I expect to move decently.

7 hours ago, IKS said:

I have been giving some thought this afternoon to buying a Stihl for snow removal on my bit of sidewalk and the ramp at church ,how much ccould I expect to move decently.

Would think fluffy stuff that doesn’t get trampled it would work quite nicely, heavy wet maybe less so, how about one of those power shovels? 

1 hour ago, vtfireman85 said:

Would think fluffy stuff that doesn’t get trampled it would work quite nicely, heavy wet maybe less so, how about one of those power shovels? 

Is that a tool or a generic name for a walk behind snow blower? I have never heard of a power shovel .l don't think a leaf blower will do Heavey wet at all.

1 hour ago, IKS said:

Is that a tool or a generic name for a walk behind snow blower? I have never heard of a power shovel .l don't think a leaf blower will do Heavey wet at all.

Toro was the “power shovel” was a little 2 stroke “snow blower” with straight rubber paddles, i had one for decks and walkways when I was plowing driveways, gave it to my friend when he took over on my accounts 

I used to use my Solo backback mist blower. I got tired of packing that around and since I only need to move the leaves away from the buildings I bought an EGO battery blower. I already bought their weed wacker so the batteries are the same. I'm pretty impressed with it. It actually moves more air than the mist blower and is so convenient not being strapped to me. If I just want to blow off the porch it takes seconds to grab it and job done. Battery life is impressive; 650 CFM in turbo mode.

It was it the back of my truck so instead of sweeping my hangar out I blew it out. It took minutes and I got rid of webs and junk that I'd never get out with a broom.

New battery technology!

2 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

Toro was the “power shovel” was a little 2 stroke “snow blower” with straight rubber paddles, i had one for decks and walkways when I was plowing driveways, gave it to my friend when he took over on my accounts 

FIL has one for his deck. He had an ancient Ariens snowblower for his driveway that was getting tired so my wife and I bought him a new top of the line a few years ago. Heated grips, etc. That thing will blow wet snow clear across the street!

I'm going to try my battery leave blower on the 2-3" light fluffy stuff on the porch, steps and walkways.

3 minutes ago, ihrondiesel said:

What I want to know is—who spends an entire day moving leaves around the yard when they could be searching for thongs?

You give up when A ) You are looking in the wrong spots B ) Never find the prize inside.............