New to me 3488

3 hours ago, 7K_ said:

20201114_162535_HDR.jpg.047ddcde8325cfd6 

Nice looking tractor, I bought a 3488 last spring too. Looking at your picture here it looks like you have some pretty good wear on your speed control guide and the SR lever. Is there much play with the bushing on the SR lever? I had a the same wear on my tractor so I got a new guide plat and SR lever and it made a big difference in how it performs.

Welcome To The "Red Power Group"   Good Bunch of Folks Here!!     "WE" need pictures of your 3488, 

Our Lives are not the same when people Mention a Recently purchased tractor and haven't provided a Nice Photo,   My Opinion of Course!!

Our Farm has a 3488, and other "Hydro's",.......Toy's in the Barn.

Tell us little Bit about your Farming Operation and Location if you are able.

Welcome Again,  Jim Droscha

• Like 1
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

3488 serial number 953. I think it will fit our farm very well. Excited to use it this next week. 

I NEVER use the foot and inch valve. Plan ahead and use the hydro handle for all movement and stopping

Great Information,  Of course when starting any "Hydro" a Operator must step on the clutch pedal when starting!  Hydro's Will start moving when the engine starts,  If the "Hydro" lever is any pla

Posted Images

5 hours ago, 7K_ said:

20201114_162535_HDR.jpg.047ddcde8325cfd6 

Nice looking tractor, I bought a 3488 last spring too. Looking at your picture here it looks like you have some pretty good wear on your speed control guide and the SR lever. Is there much play with the bushing on the SR lever? I had a the same wear on my tractor so I got a new guide plat and SR lever and it made a big difference in how it performs.

Im not sure but will be checking it out. Thank you or the tip. 

I ran it for about 30 hours this fall and my dad did for 50 hours. We both like it a lot. Glad we took our time and found a 3488. It's getting 14.9x 46 rears and 12.4x24 fronts. So we can cultivate late in the summer. 

• Like 1

Here are some pictures of my 3488. My Dad had a 1066 hydro when I was growing up so it's not my first experience with a hydro. It's funny it's been 20 some years since I drove the 1066 but I keep trying to push the SR lever away from me in the 3488 to go in reverse and I have to look down to see why it won't go then remember it's the opposite. It is nice to have one again, we do silage bales and haylage bales so I had it on the bale wrapper last summer. I have on the haybuster for bedding cows for the winter and that's really nice, I used to use my magnum and at full PTO speed the slowest you can go is 2 mph so I was always start and stop. With the hydro I can set it at any speed.     

20210109_092001.jpg

20210109_092009.jpg

20210109_092036.jpg

20210109_092101.jpg

20210109_102930.jpg

20210109_102940.jpg

20210109_102950.jpg

• Like 4

Nice looking 3488. What is the rear tire size? I see someone put 6 hole wedge lock hubs on it. I like the 6 hole wedge lock hubs. Nice and heavy. 

We are currently looking for another 3488. Now we have one we need another. We farm 600 acres organic and looking to expand our operations. So hopefully in due time we will be able to find another.

21 hours ago, 7K_ said:

By the way I don't know why it says hybrid on it, I have no idea where that decal would have come from. I need to get a new that says hydro.

Most of us noticed the 3488 script was different,

Perhaps the previous 3488 owner had the local sign maker generate a decal for the tractor,  they took a photo of the faded original decal and said make this.

Our 3488 is faded really bad!

Thanks for the photo's,  You realize we are also looking at the Lay of the land in your pictures,  I noticed a few Black cow's on the hill side picking over the stubble for Breakfast.

We also Do custom Baling & Wrapping of Balage,  All Hydro's "Shine" in this type of work.

Thanks Again,  Jim Droscha

The rear tire's are 20.8-38. They are in pretty rough shape, they could be original. I will need to get new ones soon, I'm hoping to make it through winter but there is some big cracks in them. 

There is some red and black cows out in the stubble there, Angus Simmental X.

• Thanks 1