Case ih 2588

ihman1468

Have a friend who has a 2588 combine. He only has cab lights no after cut lights no unload auger lights no grain tank light and no rear lights. all of the lights are on one switch. any tips to fix this would be helpful 

1 hour ago, ihman1468 said:

Have a friend who has a 2588 combine. He only has cab lights no after cut lights no unload auger lights no grain tank light and no rear lights. all of the lights are on one switch. any tips to fix this would be helpful 

We lost our lights on 2188 a wire broke in harness by cab connector. There are fuses in two different spots if like the 21. Some fuse above headliner some on side cover.

1 minute ago, IH Forever said:

That sounds like a J-Mech response. So helpful!

Thanks, but sometimes it takes some grunt work to figure out electrical problems just how its is sometimes

10 hours ago, ihman1468 said:

all of the lights are on one switch. 

Ummm, your friend is aware that the turn signal switch has to be in the right turn position in addition to the light switch being on to get the extra lights you are describing to work?  

23 minutes ago, SDman said:

Ummm, your friend is aware that the turn signal switch has to be in the right turn position in addition to the light switch being on to get the extra lights you are describing to work?  

I think he is talking all the lights other than cab top lights don’t work. The turn signal switch just does the 2 side mounted lights. Got a funny story about those on 2188. Most of the lights worked when we got it. But grain tank and two side lights. Got bulbs changed and all working but 2 side lights. The wire I describe broke and all lights quite. Got it going again but 2 lights. Checked fuses for a year until combining soybeans and wife brought supper out. 3 year old wanted a ride in combine as we were going he turned signal switch  on and lights lit up. I was amazed never thought to even read manual. Our 2588 was acting up the 2 side lights won’t shut off sometimes. You have to turn key on shut main switch on and off then flip signal they will go out.

22 hours ago, SDman said:

Haha, here I thought I had a wiring issue that caused that on my 2188. The flashers don’t work so I just assumed there was something goofy in the wiring or a bad ground or something that was causing it along with needing the turn signal on to get all my lights. Good to know!