MPLS City Council genius

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/us/minneapolis-city-council-approves-funding-outside-police-forces.amp

Less than 6 months ago the Minneapolis (known locally as murderapolis) voted to defund and dismantle the MPLS police department. Earlier this week the same council voted to spend $500k to contract with outside agencies to send more officers to patrol the streets as murder and violent crime rates escalate. They had to do this because officers are fleeing the department at record rates.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I just watched this on Fox News just now , because of the idiots we have running our state and local government this is what our state/country is turning into ūüė°¬†

Danny 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
12 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

Honestly, any cop better get out before the 20th of January if they can....................If you don't die on the job because of the scum, they will lock you up in prison for doing your job.  I would never want to be a cop right now.

Wonder what kind of people would want to be a cop these days.  Lots of recruits in the antifa community, I'll bet.  Scary thought, aye?

• Sad 2
3 minutes ago, Steve C. said:

Wonder what kind of people would want to be a cop these days.  Lots of recruits in the antifa community, I'll bet.  Scary thought, aye?

I wouldn't think a sane person would, but maybe I am wrong.  Even where I am alot of the local guys are ready to get out, and we are very red here.  The policies run down from the top, and that is the problem.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

I wouldn't think a sane person would,

I agree, but the antifa crowd doesn't seem very sane.  I sure hope I'm wrong.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

Honestly, any cop better get out before the 20th of January if they can....................If you don't die on the job because of the scum, they will lock you up in prison for doing your job.  I would never want to be a cop right now.

As a former cop, I agree 100% with this.

These idiots are officially looking for someone to blame other than the criminal.

Throw your badge of office at the idiots who are governing and run like the wind.

• Like 2

Seattle has had massive amt apply gor early retirement and such.  200 in 1 month iirc.  The Union said they are concerned the pension ability.  No new guys and large amt drawing.  

An MPLS wont get it   They wont just tell the cops heres $ and do your job.

1 billion in destruction from a ignorant bunch of fools.  1 billion....why on earth ANY chain or local guy would rebuild and stay in the core of that Chitty is beyond logic to me.  Seattle even buz owners are scared....they get robbed and the cop simply cant come.  Not enough.  Then 70+% of cases get dropped by Justice dept in town.  Why catch and arrest is no one will lock him up.  Hes out in 24 they say....for dealing, stealing, violence..... now defend your store with a rifle....thats gonna keep you locked up.

Portland And Seattle both asked for Nat Guard help days after election for riot control....  4 months ago they were livid how horrible that idea was.

Just evil....plain evil.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I’m starting to hate this state more and more!! High taxes, going to get high if gov Dim Balz gets his way, he wants to run Minnesota like we are California, and Im tired of the welfare getting whatever they want, and him not giving a $hit for the farmers or the tax payers!!!!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, TroyDairy said:

Just evil....plain evil.

You nailed it.

To quote Don McClean "I saw Satan laughing with delight".

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

What became of all that surplus military weaponry and armored vehicles that law enforcement just HAD to have, or maybe they only wanted it to control "right-wing domestic terrorists".

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/minneapolis-officers-retreat-as-police-department-buildings-burn/

The moment Minneapolis police retreated from the 3rd precinct ‚Äď which is now on fire.¬†pic.twitter.com/yLpSzIVH5e

I'll bet that IF a doughnut shop had been under attack, they would NOT have "retreated".

• Like 1

That City Council is pretty stupid if they thought defunding the PD was a good idea.

Then they had to hire private security for themselves because they were getting death threats.

I'd be pretty angry if my city council did that

• Like 2
20 hours ago, Jesse in WI said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/us/minneapolis-city-council-approves-funding-outside-police-forces.amp

Less than 6 months ago the Minneapolis (known locally as murderapolis) voted to defund and dismantle the MPLS police department. Earlier this week the same council voted to spend $500k to contract with outside agencies to send more officers to patrol the streets as murder and violent crime rates escalate. They had to do this because officers are fleeing the department at record rates.

This a kind of despotism from the Minneapolis city council should be treated as treason or sedition and the city council members who are responsible for this mess should be arrested and put on trail. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, Art From Coleman said:

The moment Minneapolis police retreated from the 3rd precinct ‚Äď which is now on fire.¬†pic.twitter.com/yLpSzIVH5e

I'll bet that IF a doughnut shop had been under attack, they would NOT have "retreated".

The orders to retreat from this precinct came directly from the "esteemed" Mayor Frey. In all of his genius he thought that if he gave up this precinct it would appease the masses and they would disperse. This act of cowardice was planned so far in advance that a moving company had actually cleared out all business and personal affects days in advance of Frey's retreat.

• Sad 1
12 minutes ago, Jesse in WI said:

The orders to retreat from this precinct came directly from the "esteemed" Mayor Frey. In all of his genius he thought that if he gave up this precinct it would appease the masses and they would disperse. This act of cowardice was planned so far in advance that a moving company had actually cleared out all business and personal affects days in advance of Frey's retreat.

Didn’t the mayor of Seattle do exactly the same thing as an appeasement to rioters, that then blew up in their face as police had to step in because “law abiding “ taxpayers were taking it in the neck in certain riot areas.

28 minutes ago, Jesse in WI said:

I WILL bet a dollar to a doughut (providing that there are any left), that they (law enforcement) gave their full support during the mayor's campaigns in which he made himself out to be the "law and order" candidate.

I would also like to see just where, in the oath that they take when they are issued their little tin badge, they swear to "protect and defend" the orders of the mayor, rather than uphold the existing laws of the city, state, and federal government.

Jun 16, 2020 ‚ÄĒ¬†"As a¬†Minnesota Law Enforcement Officer, my fundamental duty is to serve mankind; to safeguard lives and property; to protect the innocent against deception, the weak against oppression or intimidation, and the peaceful against violence or disorder; and to respect the Constitutional rights of all to liberty, equality ...

The stench of police hypocrisy is overwhelming after reading the above.

Watch and see, their 3rd precinct building WILL be rebuilt, bigger and better than ever, at TAXPAYER expense, AND they WILL demand even MORE weaponry, and authority to subvert the Constitution.

And, how to explain their giving legitimacy to BLM and ANTIFA, by "taking a knee with", and marching alongside them in their gatherings?

• Like 2
6 hours ago, quagmier said:

That City Council is pretty stupid if they thought defunding the PD was a good idea.

Then they had to hire private security for themselves because they were getting death threats.

I'd be pretty angry if my city council did that

I'm beginning to believe Ron White was a prophet when years ago he said "You can't fix stupid. Stupid is forever‚ÄĚ

• Like 2
1 hour ago, 806 man said:

I'm beginning to believe Ron White was a prophet when years ago he said "You can't fix stupid. Stupid is forever‚ÄĚ

I keep trying but my vote is overruled by "stoopid"!!!!!

• Sad 1
9 hours ago, 806 man said:

But by hiring private security, they not only opened themselves up to a new revenue stream for kickbacks and corruption, BUT, they are also, in a way, rehiring the same po-po that had "left the force".

But, I doubt that the city can distance themselves from the police brutality lawsuits that will come from private security hiring EX-law enforcement personnel.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Farmall1066 said:

I’m starting to hate this state more and more!! High taxes, going to get high if gov Dim Balz gets his way, he wants to run Minnesota like we are California, and Im tired of the welfare getting whatever they want, and him not giving a $hit for the farmers or the tax payers!!!!

Agree 100%!

Rick