Leveling the concave on a 1460

We installed new rotor tube covers in the 1460. Ended up having to get 16xx covers, so we had to add concave extensions, get the 16xx support and linkage etc. Installed a specialty rotor too.

I haven't been able to find a setup procedure for the concaves and indicator. Right now, with the adjuster cranked up as tight as it will go and the stop bolts backed off, the closest the concaves get to a rasp is about 1". 

48 minutes ago, jass1660 said:

The book gives the procedure. Zeroed out it should hit on certain bars on the concave if I’m remembering correctly.

Correct.

I see it now, not where I expected to find it.

So, installed the 16xx extensions and the left side plate they bolt to, with the shorter linkages out of a 16 and we're not getting the travel to close the gap. As I mentioned, run all the way up produes about 1". Does the adjusting mechanism need to be replaced with 16xx stuff as well or do I have something else wrong yet.

7 hours ago, Cattech said:

I see it now, not where I expected to find it.

So, installed the 16xx extensions and the left side plate they bolt to, with the shorter linkages out of a 16 and we're not getting the travel to close the gap. As I mentioned, run all the way up produes about 1". Does the adjusting mechanism need to be replaced with 16xx stuff as well or do I have something else wrong yet.

Give us a picture.  I'm not following your description.