IH plow add-on option

bradm

I have heard of IH offering an add-on bottom option  for a 700 / 710 or 720 plow similar to what Oliver had. I personally have neve seen this or heard of it before. Does anyone know the facts on this? 

Any help is appreciated. 

As others have mentioned, they did exist.  I wouldn't say that they are prevalent around WI, but they are out there.  My dad and I found one on a plow in a junk yard and took the beam extensions, plates, steering tubes, etc. and installed them on my dad's 3 bottom 710 to convert it to 4 bottoms about 8 or 9 years ago.  We also installed the threaded rod and turnbuckle from the larger plows to reinforce the extension.  Never had any issues with the extension, and it was tested.  At one point my dad caught a tree root with the extension bottom and stopped the 966 dead in its tracks before the root snapped.  It tensioned the threaded rod a bit, but nothing bent or broke.  Both his plow and the extension bottom had the one piece tail wheel/gauge wheel on them.  It works OK on plowing bean fields or hay fields, but is a nightmare in corn as the stalks build up a pile under the wheel mount and lift the back of the plow out of the ground.