International 560 Diesel 1957 Service book

36 minutes ago, rustred said:

order your self the IT Manual.

DONT you will be lacking the key info just like the J brand

wait for an original IH copy

and you need to forward more info as it could be slightly different than the USA model

1 hour ago, mmi said:

DONT you will be lacking the key info just like the J brand

wait for an original IH copy

and you need to forward more info as it could be slightly different than the USA model

it has all the info i need , so whats missing? manuals are not teachers . they are for mechanic's needing info.  if you not a mechanic you wont understand either one of them anyhow.

2 minutes ago, rustred said:

it has all the info i need , so whats missing? manuals are not teachers . they are for mechanic's needing info.  if you not a mechanic you wont understand either one of them anyhow.

I & T is best used in the O H,they are infamous for leaving out the critical info at worst moment for those that dont already know it

OP is in a foreign country with a USA /possible foreign hybrid model

OEM IH is going to give him the best and complete info for + - the same $ 

1 minute ago, mmi said:

I & T is best used in the O H,they are infamous for leaving out the critical info at worst moment for those that dont already know it

i can tell already he needs someone with experience helping him . these engines are not for the beginner to practice on. its not like the w4  or w6. if you have no mechanical ability the manual is useless. and have seen what amatures do then post it on u tube and think its a good job. 

37 minutes ago, mmi said:

The I&T shop manual for my 5120 is 197 pages the Case IH manual is 2000 pages  add a zero on to the total price I&T $30  Case IH $300 worth every penny. 

6 hours ago, Aaro said:

And yes i am not a good mechanic, but if i sell this tractor to collector it is nice to have books for it

If I was a collector looking to buy a tractor, I would bypass tractor who had been worked on by people that weren't good mechanics.  I'd rather buy something in poor condition than one that had been worked on by someone who didn't know what they were doing. 

That said, get a reprint IH book from here:https://www.peacefulcreek.com/pages/product-result?rq=tr_international-farmall~uy_tractor~md_560

I suggest buying the package deal and get all the books at once. 

• Like 4
11 hours ago, rustred said:

As a professional mechanic, and a guy who has around 200 service books in his library (and still adding to it) and as an owner of both IH original and I&T manuals..... I can tell you hands down the original IH manuals are worth it.  I&T will get you out of a bind, but I have found several discrepancies in them.  I only buy I&T when I can't find OEM.  I like reprint manuals.  Cheaper, just as good as original, and don't have pages covered in oil and grease. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Aaro said:

I just need the torgue specs for the head

you need alot more than head torque,... torque is 115 ft lbs. valve  lash is .027 hot.  the head gasket is close to 300.00 here at the dealer, as i priced one this fall. you need the head checked for warpage and check valve condition and valve protrusion as important for starting. check block, clean out all bolt holes and run a chaser in the threads. inspect bolts. threads must be lubed on assembly. inspect cyl's for wear. check sleeve standout. plus the head must be retorqued after run for a while up to operating temp. along with a valve reset. and torqued properly the first time in three stages. also the felpro gaskets are junk. i have used them and the compression just leaks right trough the gasket material. you can check that with a soap spray bottle. you want a victor gasket.  plus you need the required tools for the job. plus if you have the head resurfaced dont ever pull it along on the metal bench. you will just put scratches right back in the machined surface. keep it on card board. also someone with engine experience will tell you by looking at it... you need this , this and this done. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, rustred said:

you need alot more than head torque,... torque is 115 ft lbs. valve  lash is .027 hot.  the head gasket is close to 300.00 here at the dealer, as i priced one this fall. you need the head checked for warpage and check valve condition and valve protrusion as important for starting. check block, clean out all bolt holes and run a chaser in the threads. inspect bolts. threads must be lubed on assembly. inspect cyl's for wear. check sleeve standout. plus the head must be retorqued after run for a while up to operating temp. along with a valve reset. and torqued properly the first time in three stages. also the felpro gaskets are junk. i have used them and the compression just leaks right trough the gasket material. you can check that with a soap spray bottle. you want a victor gasket.  plus you need the required tools for the job. plus if you have the head resurfaced dont ever pull it along on the metal bench. you will just put scratches right back in the machined surface. keep it on card board. also someone with engine experience will tell you by looking at it... you need this , this and this done. 

On those engines I use coppercoat spray on the headgaskets Case IH is turning out alot of junk poor quality gaskets anymore almost done with paying them a preminum price for inferrior gaskets

3 minutes ago, ksfarmdude said:

On those engines I use coppercoat spray on the headgaskets Case IH is turning out alot of junk poor quality gaskets anymore almost done with paying them a preminum price for inferrior gaskets

exactly, poor quality. i have been using permte high tack spray on them, with good results so have not tryed the copper coat. i might on my 660 if i get the nerve to buy a gasket at that price. and i dont want a felpreo gasket. yikes.