I finally joined the Black Stripe club!

10 hours ago, ny bill o said:

If you know any parts guys, maybe they could order some K&M steps for the left side for your Dad....

Dad would like them, of course.   But, I would LOVE them!  Narrow space to thread my prosthetic leg through.   I like operating the tractor once I am seated.  Dad has a little 3 1/2 acre patch of cornstalks by his house to seed down to alfalfa this spring.  Would like to put the 100 on the disk and run 9 acres under her belly! 😊

• Like 1
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Took it for an hour long drive.  Ran strong and smooth.   Hydro pulled good in both ranges,  even up a decent hill.  All lights work but filter and hydro quadrant.  Wiper, fan work. Radio lights up, b

I had to work today,  but thanks to a good friend (Thanks, Gene!), I was able to successfully purchase my first Black Stripe tractor.  I have wanted one for years, but the right one eluded me.  They w

I arrived home this evening and Dad had the 100 hooked to the disk.  He had greased every zerk he could find on both the tractor and the disk.  He lubricated the door hinges and the throttle lever.  H

Posted Images

I arrived home this evening and Dad had the 100 hooked to the disk.  He had greased every zerk he could find on both the tractor and the disk.  He lubricated the door hinges and the throttle lever.  He even cleaned all the cab windows!  I drove up to his place (half mile) and dropped it into the cornstalks.  I was running on the low side of the gearbox, throttle at PTO speed on the tach and the the F/R lever on the blue mark on the guage.  I opened both side windows to let the smell of the dirt inside.  I was impressed with the hydraulic system: the disk popped out of the ground quickly and engaged the dirt just as efficiently!  I could tell the engine and hydro were having a nice workout.  The temperature guage was running higher than I expected,  but it never got hot.   I probably need to wash out the radiator and hydraulic cooler. Years hauling hay with a loader, bound to be dirt in there.  When I let it idle to cool off afterwards,  the engine sounded happy and no traces of black from the stack.  The rings likely needed a good workout!  Tomorrow,  back onto the auger again.

20210406_184545.jpg

20210406_184517.jpg

20210406_185118.jpg

20210406_190314.jpg

20210406_200134.jpg

• Like 9

I’m sure it was a good thing stretching her legs a little bit. 

• Like 1
Just now, Sledgehammer said:

I’m sure it was a good thing stretching her legs a little bit. 

It was a great evening for myself and the tractor.   When I came in for the night, my wife could tell I had fun "playing with my tractor ". My smile must have been huge!

• Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/20/2021 at 8:16 AM, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

On sprayer tender duty.

20210418_152052.jpg

Looks good ol gal

I wish we had abit cleaner 1066 than we do.  Id like to work the old paint hard and shiny then put new decals and emblems on.  Really freshen it up.  I like youve kept the cab fyi

• Like 1
17 hours ago, TroyDairy said:

Looks good ol gal

I wish we had abit cleaner 1066 than we do.  Id like to work the old paint hard and shiny then put new decals and emblems on.  Really freshen it up.  I like youve kept the cab fyi

I plan to try wet sanding or buffing the existing paint and see what it looks like.  Then at least new hood decals.  100 is still on tender duty.   Corn is planted, will start on beans when it dries up from today's rain. (We needed moisture badly!)

20210508_114550.jpg

20210508_114609.jpg

• Like 3