American Veterans - Post your pics

messer9696

Damned, I really don't have any pictures. My dad served from 1938 to 1971, active duty US Army (infantry, South West Pacific, Purple Heart, Silver Star). My father in law served from the later 40's until 1973 active duty US Navy. I served from 1973 to 1996 active duty US Army. My wife's oldest brother did 8 years, active, US Navy. Youngest did 8 years active US navy. My oldest son served 5.5 years USAF, active duty and another 4 AF NG. 2nd daughter did 8 years Air Guard. Youngest son did 4 years active, US Navy then another 6 years US Army NG. Right now is the first time that out family has not had someone serving sense 1938. I have no problem with this! I don't trust out politicians to use your service members to the best advantage! They, the politicians, will throw any service member under the bus if it will help them get reelected! At one time I was proud that my children were carrying on a family tradition. Now I don't feel that way. Has nothing to do with party. Both have wasted a lot of lives. I no longer trust our politicians to use our service personal wisely!

Rick

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

No pictures currently. I had a Grandpa that was a NCO in the Air Force. 20 years in. 1952 to 1972. He was part of SAC. Mid flight refuelling tech. Did a few tours in Southeast Asia.

Have a Uncle that was drafted out of High school and did a tour in Vietnam in the Infantry( he doesn't talk about it at all). Also my Mom's cousin's son did a tour in Iraq. Transportation. 

• Like 1

Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great Grandfather. 

728434211_IM003320-Copy.JPG.92484d51449ddbcd788c43d74b719427.JPGIM003322.JPG.d805439e97e4d3ab342143aee15d5584.JPG

Next is probably a 4th grandfather, buried at Andersonville Prison Camp, Georgia.

This is my Grandfather in France during WWI.

1234403959_scan0004-Copy.jpg.c007922617356158b4ccec143a5b135d.jpg

My Dad in the south Pacific with Army Air Corps, WWII, pilot.

scan0005.jpg.43d6c57518a0538861c4fad1385231e6.jpg

Me, Army National Guard, 1975-1997. (9 years active Guard, retired as a 1st sergeant)

scan0003.thumb.jpg.9804b2466e561b3a89ae573e3f3298f2.jpg

My oldest daughter, 23 years, Army Guard, Air Guard, Army Reserve, 2 tours in Iraq.

MVC-031c.jpg.8e26ce7630646810d1aa73e5e29bfb66.jpg

I have a step granddaughter that is in the Army Guard.

The saying in the family is that the military doesn't run in the family----IT GALLOPS!!

Mike

• Like 4
  • Thanks 8

My Grandpa Kline served in WWII in the Army as a truck driver but he doesn't talk about it. Grandpa Coolman was in the Army in Korea and spend his time as a driver for Generals. My youngest sister was in the Army Reserve but was not deployed. 

• Like 1

I did a total of 13 years of service and I was a 11Bravo thats infantryman.  Did two tours of combat in Iraq and that time was June to November 2005 on Forward Operating Base Summerall that turned out to be a real heavy hitting place where you could get dead real quick, during my time there we had 20 some fellow soldiers killed in action and 80 some fellow troops wounded in action and thats me in the second pic on a berm looking out the wire over into the village of Kubasa where alls those folks did was plant IEDs to blow us up and my second tour was from September 2006 to September 2007 on a small base on the outskirts of Baghdad and thats where Im at in pic 1 and Im the soldier in the middle with the black knee pads on and gaiter on my head, the soldier on my left in pic with the sunglasses made it back but overdosed on Heroin in 2012 trying to live with what we had to do there and when ya get home and your out and by yourself its hard for alot of my brothers to keep a handle on there emotions and things like that happen to us and thats our unit in the custom flag I had made when I was there and it hangs in my house today and Im very proud of the guys I served with when I was there and my time in the service ended after my tour was up and the Army giver me a medical discharge and made me disabled due to getting messed up on my second tour but I wanted so bad to remain in but the Army didnt see it so Im back home in Kentucky with a beautiful loving woman and livin life day to day without having to pass out violence on a scale that you could only imagine and to know what evil wickedness that man does to man and experience it and do it is a mixture of emotions that every combat veteran prays that nobody after us has to live in that human meatgrinder.  Combat never leaves you and you never let your guard down ever and Im talking years being home and I still stay pumped and guess Ill always have that eye out for myself.  One thing that is really good therapy for me is being a forum member and getting on this site and seeing pics and reading stories of my favorite manufacturer of machinery in the color red and called IH and going back in my life when my father was a IH dealer here in my hometown of Columbia, Kentucky and reliving that blessed time of my life when I use to go to my Daddys shop and be in that space for nine years and knowing now that that time of my life was the best time and I know it was a special time and in 1980 my Daddy passed away from a heart attack and boy talk about getting your world rocked my goodness what a hard time it was but as with everything time goes on but if I could ever change anything about ones self I would never change nothing about that time, No way.  Im 57 years old now and look to each day to coming onto redpowermagazine and reading all the very interesting stories all yall put on here, its fun and that is what its all about and finding piece of mind.

71548678_2888088417870342_5600388778456776704_o.jpg

99151560_3330161283663051_3486168423803650048_o.jpg

52974026_2385467061465816_1191119307354931200_o.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

18 minutes ago, Hydro70 said:

I did a total of 13 years of service.......

Hydro 70, thank you, Brother! I empathize with and appreciate your post. I appreciate you sharing it. I sure as heck don't know much about red tractors other than spending 20 years on them in the hay fields. I don't know anything technical or have any mechanical advise, but if you ever want to talk about red tractors, send me a PM. I would love to share stories with you!

I was drafted in June of 1971 and spent nearly two years in 4th Infantry Division.  I was twenty-one years-old in the photo below, fresh out of Advanced Infantry Training.  The photo, sent to my parents and part of a press release common in the 1970s, has a congratulatory message from the company commander.

My older brother served in the Army as well.  My father was in the Army Air Corps during World War II.  His brother escaped Japanese captivity and lived with the natives of Borneo for several years before returning to the USA.  Neither spoke of their service.  My father's best friend (and my mother's  high school sweetheart) was killed in the war.

eib_1971.thumb.jpg.c24a1f5e7a66ab0f5eea6708e117a704.jpg

• Like 2