Picked up a V-12 Lincoln today

lorenzo

30 minutes ago, 1586 Jeff said:

Where is the rest of the car?  What are your plans for the engine?

Car is long gone I guess ,  don’t have any plans , it may just end up a display . 
The intake is aluminum , I guess they all were . From what I hear from some old timers is that they really weren’t that fast but were real smooth running. 

I  was at the right place at the right time that’s all,   There can’t be too many of these left . I’m going back tomorrow to get a 41 V-8 all complete and running. Here’s a picture of it . 
C268E745-EFEC-4109-971E-210392439D12.thumb.jpeg.35164aec8e555ee2b8dacf4a59c226db.jpeg

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Ihcubguy said:

A couple years ago at the local antique show there was a guy with a Lincoln V12 in a Ford 8N.  Believe he started with a Funk conversion and went from there.  

I saw a motorcycle with a V-12 in it years ago at Sturgis . It was very nicely done . Radiators dsguised as saddle bags , 

It will probably end up in something custom like that but I’m not going to do it . 

Can you spin it?

it looks like the right head is loose?

was it inside? It looks dry.

it looks like both heads are loose. 

Any cracks?

I don’t know your time frame but for me I would strip it down.

i think as a project being an L head that would be fun.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ihcubguy said:

A couple years ago at the local antique show there was a guy with a Lincoln V12 in a Ford 8N.  Believe he started with a Funk conversion and went from there.  

I hope that Rick/Old Tanker is paying attention!  This might be a way for his beloved and to be able to keep up with a Farmall.......

@oldtanker

Edited by 1586 Jeff
Had to tease Rick about his Ns!
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Dasnake said:

Can you spin it?

it looks like the right head is loose?

was it inside? It looks dry.

it looks like both heads are loose. 

Any cracks?

I don’t know your time frame but for me I would strip it down.

i think as a project being an L head that would be fun.

I stopped into an old Ford dealership that closed back in the 60’s  it’s been inside since way before then . Heads are loose because I have already taken a peek. 
It would have to be completely rebuilt front to back top to bottom. Haven’t found the carb yet but I’m going back tomorrow for another load of stuff so I will keep looking for it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

I stopped into an old Ford dealership that closed back in the 60’s  it’s been inside since way before then . Heads are loose because I have already taken a peek. 
It would have to be completely rebuilt front to back top to bottom. Haven’t found the carb yet but I’m going back tomorrow for another load of stuff so I will keep looking for it. 

How exactly does this happen? Just a time capsule?

• Like 1

oh dear its pretty tuff shape, gonna need some other pieces. my neighbor has one its running, yes its smooth and purrs, sounds interesting, its in a 41 lincoln, i helped him get it going, kind of interesting setup, dual distributors, dual coils etc.....

i will have to get you a picture of the car/engine its drivable its got manual on the column and i think it might have an overdrive his 49 ford doesnt have OD

• Like 2

V-12 Lincoln

Seems like my dad had a 1946 Lincoln with the V-12 for a short period of time.  I was only 3 at the time------he bought it in Memphis.  New vehicles were a rare find immediately after WW II------you bought whatever you could. 

I didn't know much about engines/cars-------but loved the big Lincoln.

Huge car running primarily on gravel roads wasn't very practical.  Seems like he traded it for a 1948 Buick Super???

DD

• Like 1