Maxxum 140 drawbar capacity question

Our big tractor went down yesterday which we use for a j&m 750 grain cart would the 140 drawbar be heavy enough. Can’t find anything online or in book on its weight rating.  We unload on the go.  We are on flat ground so go doesn’t scare me as much as drawbar snapping

thanks

While its certainly not apples to apples....the 140 is similar in size to my JD 7410.  I run a J&M 450 on that tractor, and wouldn't want any more.  No way would I try to pull a 750...not enough power or strength.

I dont see why you shouldn't be able to pull it just don't fill it full.  Use it like a 450 or 500 bushel cart, and it should be fine

• Like 1
16 hours ago, J-Mech said:

Who would have thought to look there. ?

Just so you know are being allowed to use this from our 95 year neighbor who can’t find the book. If we had the book I would not be on here looking for your comments.  It’s a shame to have a forum like this with people that have experience and knowledge and then  people like you who can’t just answer a question or scroll on in the forum.  I’ve seen this on other posts  with your comments if “you” think it’s obvious or someone that doesn’t agree with you and frankly it’s not needed so if that’s all the info you can provide just scroll on by 

thanks

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

This might be a better picture for you. Matt is probably right that that info might be for European specs. This came out of a different ops manual. Wouldn’t be the first time CNH ops manuals weren’t very clear about some information. 

6DF3D3E2-0A9C-4E00-9A9F-2B8C92E92FB6.jpeg