Farmall 560 diesel frozen in time.

8 hours ago, IH Forever said:

Very nice.  Looks like the original IH muffler on it?

yes original muffler and clamp. had to remove it to get it out of the shed. did not want to take a chance and hit the muffler as it was a tight fit.

IMG_0903.JPG

IMG_0904.JPG

• Like 3

Yep ️you proved,  “We build them good in Farmall ️“

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, exSW said:

Is it a drawbar tractor? Or fasthitch.

drawbar, i just posted the drawbar as the hole is still round and matches the low hrs. on this unit. i have seen drawbars  with all enlongated holes that matched the tractors condition also... meaning rough shape. 

1 minute ago, rustred said:

drawbar, i just posted the drawbar as the hole is still round and matches the low hrs. on this unit. i have seen drawbars  with all enlongated holes that matched the tractors condition also... meaning rough shape. 

I thought it was a drawbar tractor. My FH drawbaw doesn't look like that.

i am going to try it out at the antique tractor pulls. i have the gas model also and its in pretty much the same shape . i think the diesel should do better though. i got to replace the pump throttle shaft seal i see its leaking. 

• 4 weeks later...

i cleaned up the muffler and fixed the dash lights and put in the two  6 volt battery's like it came with from factory. still has the original braided ground cable too. thats the original muffler also.

IMG_1018.JPG

IMG_1019 (1).JPG

IMG_1021.JPG

• Like 10

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, rustred said:

removed one rear tire this afternoon and cleaned up the rim and sprayed it with galvanized spray. i really worked good and matches the original color on rims.

IMG_1103.JPG

How was the valve stem port ? I had to weld in a replacement section on mine. Not that bad of a job ,I can post the pictures if you need ideas ? 

the rims are in really good condition.  they have no fluid .tryed to post a picture of it but not letting me post pic's now,.. dont know whats going on. its getting new  Titan work boots.

21 hours ago, rustred said:

removed one rear tire this afternoon and cleaned up the rim and sprayed it with galvanized spray. i really worked good and matches the original color on rims.

IMG_1103.JPG

Loaders are real handy for breaking down tires.  If I hadn't been doing rears for my 450 w/ fast hitch I would have tried that instead.

• Like 2

On 11/4/2020 at 8:02 PM, rustred said:

she is not getting any paint . those rims are going to be cleaned up and left like that for character and show  at the antique pulls. 

Good on you for leaving it original if that is indeed still the factory paint she is wearing!  

What a great find!  Make a great hay rake tractor! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, rustred said:

IMG_1111.JPG

IMG_1107.JPG

IMG_1108.JPG

Good set of hard rubber pulling tires for low budget puller, put them on a lathe turn them true . Those aren’t Goodyear’s 

went to change out the right wheel seal today and found a nick in the axle where the seal rides. that explains the oil leak. still had the old leather seal in it. pretty sure this happened when doing the recall on these early 560's guess i get no warrany, lol. that triangle stamp means the recall had been done. have the axle fixed up tomorrow, new seal is coming.

IMG_1123.JPG

IMG_1124.JPG

IMG_1125.JPG

2 hours ago, rustred said:

went to change out the right wheel seal today and found a nick in the axle where the seal rides. that explains the oil leak. still had the old leather seal in it. pretty sure this happened when doing the recall on these early 560's guess i get no warrany, lol. that triangle stamp means the recall had been done. have the axle fixed up tomorrow, new seal is coming.

IMG_1123.JPG

IMG_1124.JPG

IMG_1125.JPG

Does that fretting go all the way around the axle ? 

On 11/12/2020 at 12:36 PM, rustred said:

i am going to try it out at the antique tractor pulls. i have the gas model also and its in pretty much the same shape . i think the diesel should do better though. i got to replace the pump throttle shaft seal i see its leaking. 

Try them both ?‍♂️? (talking like I got nothing in it )why not will be fun , one thing for sure your going to find out what’s wrong with them ,in front of everybody ????‍♂️Can’t hide , buckle up !