utv and atv sold out?

Just now, pt756 said:

from what i have been hearing lots of dealers sold out, our local honda dealer had one utv on the floor, so for a poor year where did all that money come from?

Remember all the people who were drawing unemployment? Yeah them!!

• Like 1

I think it’s more like the production numbers are way down from what I’m being told there’s nobody at the factory To build them because a virus with a 99% recovery rate has completely crippled the United States economy

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

I think it’s more like the production numbers are way down from what I’m being told there’s nobody at the factory To build them because a virus with a 99% recovery rate has completely crippled the United States economy

x2

In June the wife's uncle was thinking of trading in his side by side for something more in the Polaris Ranger style. At that time the dealer in town told him that there was a 6 month lead time for anything ordered from factory. I am assuming the lead time has only increased at this point.

• Sad 1

Good friend and his son both have Polaris dealerships my buddy said that Polaris cant get the parts to build the UTV's fast enough they both had recard years in sails as soon as they could get them they were gone same with boats he sold a crazy number of new boats the other day I was there the boat show room was empty it holds about 25 boats he said next  year he said he probably won't have much of anything for sails. Will be interesting to see how they do with there snowmobile sails this winter.

Can't even get repair parts, mine has been in the shop for 7 weeks and the shop is 60 miles from the factory, what a joke.

When I went to the Deere dealer to get parts back in June, I noticed ALL of the compacts that were swarming the place were gone.  Go up to the parts counter and expected a vandalism problem or something of that nature for why they were moved.  Nope, SOLD them all.  Glad to see stimulus money being wisely spent......

Stimulus checks + people not spending money on annual vacations and/or eating out at restaurants + low interest rates, combined with shut down manufacturing.... And then everyone trying to amuse themselves outdoors while avoiding social contact. Yup, there was no predicting inventory needs this year.

Think I'm going to put off a new sled until next year.

• Like 3

Sad thing, there's probably going to be a pile of repossessed & for sale stuff out there in the near future... All sorts of people bought these things thinking life would be back to normal by now, soon to find themselves laid off when the economy corrects itself.

• Like 6
49 minutes ago, Cattech said:

Sad thing, there's probably going to be a pile of repossessed & for sale stuff out there in the near future... All sorts of people bought these things thinking life would be back to normal by now, soon to find themselves laid off when the economy corrects itself.

I would say the same thing in ANY area where the oilfield was once 'booming', which went to h3ll long before the covid panic came about.

I would also say that if a person were looking for a generator set, or power unit, there should be more than a few for sale, although they will probably go at auction, from defunct, or hard hit, drilling contractors.

i blame the stimulus and fear for 90% of all the short supplies and elevated costs - people sitting home drawing more than when working and others afraid to go to work or work extra or not allowed - things all shut down when they could have kept going, this is going to play out the same way it always was - just later due to the isolation we started with and people got tired of it and are back to engaging - we wont have a vaccine before the majority of this rolls thru the population so why bother - im done with it all - gods will be done, im either gonna live or die its a 50 50 shot - he knows best i sure dont

• Like 5
5 hours ago, lorenzo said:

Not completely. If you want to see completely, vote blue...Fauci would love to be able to completely shut down the economy and make masks mandatory.

Just imagine... I’ll bet Mr John Lennon could write a song about that... imagine there’s no faces, nothing but eyes to see, imagine there’s no money, it’s a chance to be free. 
imagine there’s no jobs, no reason to leave, imagine there’s no more reason to be...

something like that.

• Like 5

IMO I think it’s going to to take some companies the courage to break against the mob to get anything to move. Right now everyone is so scared to be boycotted that nothing will happen.

also imo I think business owners will start to get irritated giving two week leaves to people who may have been in contact with a positive person.

not trying to start anything just saying

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, zleinenbach said:

IMO I think it’s going to to take some companies the courage to break against the mob to get anything to move. Right now everyone is so scared to be boycotted that nothing will happen.

also imo I think business owners will start to get irritated giving two week leaves to people who may have been in contact with a positive person.

not trying to start anything just saying

we dont get two weeks off - u have to use pto or go on STD, we dont accru sick leave/time we only get 2 days off at a time for illness then you have to use pto or apply for STD or take w/out pay if that option is still available. 

It's the people that would spend money flying and travelling on "vacation" and since they couldn't do it....they bought outdoor toys to use at home.

Lumber has about doubled here....everyone stayed home spending money on decks! 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Cattech said:

Stimulus checks + people not spending money on annual vacations and/or eating out at restaurants + low interest rates, combined with shut down manufacturing.... And then everyone trying to amuse themselves outdoors while avoiding social contact. Yup, there was no predicting inventory needs this year.

Think I'm going to put off a new sled until next year.

I've been looking for another quad. Next spring when everyone has to pay taxes on their "free" money is when I'm gonna be in buying mode lol

• Like 2
1 hour ago, searcyfarms said:

we dont get two weeks off - u have to use pto or go on STD, we dont accru sick leave/time we only get 2 days off at a time for illness then you have to use pto or apply for STD or take w/out pay if that option is still available. 

I apologize. I really thought that was a thing. 

30 minutes ago, db1486 said:

I've been looking for another quad. Next spring when everyone has to pay taxes on their "free" money is when I'm gonna be in buying mode lol

from what my tax guy is telling me and what my neighbor is that owns 5 businesses, it appears they are going to forgive the monies - speculative i agree but that is the current vibe - my neighbor took EVERY dime they gave him for all 5 businesses he runs and put it all in the bank and never spent a penny of it, if they do forgive it, he will have a HUGE windfall - he didnt need it, he just took it to see what would happen advised by his accountant to sit on it

Fauci............****ing ***hole under constant ignorance................If Trump wins on the 3rd, the good doctor should be told to leave at 9 AM on the 4th and not let the door hit him on the bung hole on the way out.  At noon throw out the other idiot............Redfield.  I would assume its in the presidents power, maybe not, but by god do those two know how to screw up things.

Probably poofed this thread, but that is my thoughts.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
2 hours ago, searcyfarms said:

from what my tax guy is telling me and what my neighbor is that owns 5 businesses, it appears they are going to forgive the monies - speculative i agree but that is the current vibe - my neighbor took EVERY dime they gave him for all 5 businesses he runs and put it all in the bank and never spent a penny of it, if they do forgive it, he will have a HUGE windfall - he didnt need it, he just took it to see what would happen advised by his accountant to sit on it

If you collected over 100k you have to prove it was used not just kept. If at least 60% was used on legitimate expenses it is forgiven.

10 minutes ago, jass1660 said:

If you collected over 100k you have to prove it was used not just kept. If at least 60% was used on legitimate expenses it is forgiven.

oh i know him well, he will spend the 60% on his business and keep the rest for whatever - likely pour back into expansion of more 

he just bought a new kubota skidsteer

7 hours ago, jass1660 said:

You can’t get a refrigerator, freezer, washer or dryer for a minimum of three months

Actually laundry cooking and dishwashers have a 3 to 4 week lead time. Refrigerators and freezers are a joke, most of my orders are being pushed to Feb of 21. Parts supply chain is the reason or the scapegoat, depending on what u want to believe

4 hours ago, Ihfan4life said:

Not completely. If you want to see completely, vote blue...Fauci would love to be able to completely shut down the economy and make masks mandatory.

Just imagine... I’ll bet Mr John Lennon could write a song about that... imagine there’s no faces, nothing but eyes to see, imagine there’s no money, it’s a chance to be free. 
imagine there’s no jobs, no reason to leave, imagine there’s no more reason to be...

something like that.

Exactly the same up here the idiots running federal put out a second read on the problems we’re facing heading into winter, the whole spiel is gobblygook, almost like ideas being drawn from first around stuff that didn’t make sense either, some of the reporting and columnist types are starting to ask very impertinent questions, about ducking time.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, zleinenbach said:

I apologize. I really thought that was a thing. 

Yeah I'm self employed. No work no money. No benefits!!! I actually transport used cars in and out of auctions here in Arkansas. Used prices are really high as well because of all this extra money!! Also the economy was so good the last three years that most people were keeping their old rigs for kids and buying new. So the used market was low inventory do high prices. Can't haul new stuff because of slow production. No workers. That's what is going on in my section of the world.😃Jesse