5250 service manual

Hello, I'm looking for a service manual for 5250. I would like to just buy the file and print it off myself. The couple I have found dont really say what they include. Any ideas? I want the oem manual if possible not a i&t 

Watch Ebay.  You might get lucky and find an OEM.  I found a nice original OEM manual for my MX150/170 for $175.  It has everything, and I mean EVERYTHING in it, except for overhauling the engine.  Not a big deal as it is the CDC 5.9.

I would recommend The Case IH / Tenneco. Paper manual  2000 pages

(see photo for I&T difference )

A lot of written directions, schematics and Photos

the schematics are fold outs and some  are 28” long  ( not sure how those wold be read if scanned )

worth Every penny!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

You can't beat the OEM service manuals. I have several sets of them for 51 & 5200 series tractors. Lots of serial breaks in wiring harnesses, transmission control an etc...

• Like 2

Now heres a question. I would love to print this. I actually have the 2000 page pdf in my phone already. Normally I can email it to myself at work and borrow their printer, but their network doesnt like my file. It blocks it. I've tried a few ways with no luck. I'm guessing any printer place would be .10 a page. Any ideas on someone to print this for me? 

10 hours ago, Missouri Mule said:

Now heres a question. I would love to print this. I actually have the 2000 page pdf in my phone already. Normally I can email it to myself at work and borrow their printer, but their network doesnt like my file. It blocks it. I've tried a few ways with no luck. I'm guessing any printer place would be .10 a page. Any ideas on someone to print this for me? 

Get the 2 big pdf files on a computer, print 1-100 pages to a pdf file, send file to email, open email on phone, print the file the way you normally print files on works "borrowed printer" Repeat. 

You will have your 2000 page manual, One piece at a time, Johnny Cash Cadallic style🙂image.thumb.png.96b6c1ce549bb41449ef90d24ac131ea.png

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Edsfarms said:

Get the 2 big pdf files on a computer, print 1-100 pages to a pdf file, send file to email, open email on phone, print the file the way you normally print files on works "borrowed printer" Repeat. 

You will have your 2000 page manual, One piece at a time, Johnny Cash Cadallic style🙂image.thumb.png.96b6c1ce549bb41449ef90d24ac131ea.png

I guess you lost me a little bit. I'm slow...

2 minutes ago, Missouri Mule said:

I guess you lost me a little bit. I'm slow...

I downloaded the whole Manual to my computer it was two files each 1000 pages,  this is what they look like where you save them. 

image.thumb.png.4a280447d39722e63f01deab255d8fdc.png

open the the first one, then click the print button, 

image.thumb.png.9fdd63e4041278f5f8a8bbbef2cb9157.png

When you hit the print button you get the print dialog box. change the destination to PDF, Pages to Custom,  1-100

image.thumb.png.2dab1c030488b5580fb45bdc27f514e8.png

when save this you will have another file that is only 100 pages.  send that 100 page file to yourself as an attachment.  open that email/attachment on your phone at work and try printing that smaller 100 page file.

This is the only way I know how to do this,  what i have done instead of printing whole manual is just print the pages for the task I am working on the tractor find on the computer say 10 pages (510-520) ,  print those 10 pages,  take them to the shop accomplish the task and toss them when am I'm done. don't have to worry about getting them dirty and oil soaked. 

I would save to a dvd. Then like Ed I would print what I needed when I needed. I'm old fashioned my daughter saves everything to a stick. I have too many lost and corrupted files with those. My grandaughters speak a different language so I have no idea what is current method.

Time you pay to have it printed you may as well have bought a genuine manual.

I'll never understand the need to skimp out on a couple hundred dollars for a manual for that tractor that cost tens of thousands of dollars. 

BTW there's probably a good reason why your work network won't accept the file. It probably has a virus in it. That's how those sites work, they entice you with something for nothing, just download this handy dandy file to your computer and... Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but someday you will get a lovely message on your screen telling you that all your files have been encrypted, but don't worry, we have the decryption key which we will apply to your computer for a bunch of Bitcoins.

When you print out the electrical pages I guess the fold out pages line up when laid side-by-side? Personally I would miss the fold outs in section 4. It is so nice to open the manual and have the complete diagram right in front of you. Those manuals give you the test points in legend as well as marked in the diagram. 

43 minutes ago, CIHTECH said:

When you print out the electrical pages I guess the fold out pages line up when laid side-by-side? Personally I would miss the fold outs in section 4. It is so nice to open the manual and have the complete diagram right in front of you. Those manuals give you the test points in legend as well as marked in the diagram. 

Just tried printing one from this particular 5100 PDF the fold outs print out on one 8 1/2 X11 page and it's REALLY small   I'm thinking that when the pages were scanned  in they were scanned the fold out as one page, had they scanned them in as multiple pages then you could print the pages and line them up as a full size foldout.  the test points page is on the previous page.  One could use them but will need a strong pair of cheaters and or magnifying glass to read the fold out.