TD9B hydraulic oil cooler

TickyB

2 hours ago, TickyB said:

I have damaged the oil cooler on my TD9B.
How critical is the hydraulic oil cooler and can I work my machine by bypassing the cooler?

Well, they don't put it on there for looks.

How badly is it damaged?  Beyond repair? 

3 hours ago, hardtail said:

I’d be fixing or replacing 

3 hours ago, J-Mech said:

3 hours ago, J-Mech said:

Fair enough mate but was radiator repair man and he asked me the question. Only hydraulics are on the blade and ripper so why should the oil get that hot that it needs cooling? 
Fair question this dickhead thinks. it can be repaired. 

Well, say it's a fair question if all it does is pick up and lower a blade.To my knowledge old letter series did not a cooler.If it's tween running machine and scrapping it because of not being able to repair it it's your call.I have used after market coolers in Hydro tractors with great success, takes a little thought but zero problems.Good luck.

19 hours ago, TickyB said:

I have damaged the oil cooler on my TD9B.
How critical is the hydraulic oil cooler and can I work my machine by bypassing the cooler?

TD9B's do not have a hydraulic oil cooler, Power Shift tractors have a transmission cooler mounted in front of the radiator and yes you do need it. There is an engine oil cooler that is located near the oil filter, that is cooled with the radiator coolant. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, louie figone said:

TD9B's do not have a hydraulic oil cooler, Power Shift tractors have a transmission cooler mounted in front of the radiator and yes you do need it. There is an engine oil cooler that is located near the oil filter, that is cooled with the radiator coolant. 

Thanks for that Louie but on my TD9B the cooler in front of the radiator was definitely connected to the hydraulic oil system?

so now I’m totally confused ?

8 hours ago, louie figone said:

Is it a power shift? If so where did they route the transmission cooler lines. The transmission needs to be hooked up to the cooler, not the hydraulic system. Can you post pictures? 

Yeah when I get the radiator and cooler back next week (hopefully) I’ll post some pics thanks Louie

5 hours ago, louie figone said:

TrickeyB,  attached is the plumbing schematic of the transmission plumbing. 65 is the transmission oil cooler, mounts in front of the radiator. 

IH TD9B transmission piping.jpg

That’s the same setup as mine Louie thanks it is the the transmission oil cooler that is damaged as you said. Can you send me the legend for the rest of the plumbing parts?

Also the manual I have says there are two oil coolers and there is space for two on the front of the radiator?

Thanks again for clearing this up for me.

TrickyB, the parts book shows two coolers also (#30), the later tractors have the single cooler, there is another breakdown of parts for serial numbers 16367 and up which a shows a single cooler. Item 30 shows two coolers are used for tractor serial numbers 6625 to 15422.  What is the serial number of your tractor? Here are the pages of the parts breakdown.

IH TD9B power shift plumbing 2.jpg

IH TD9B power shift plumbing 3.jpg

IH TD9B power shift plumbing 4.jpg