Hanging out in Moab, UT and came across this on the ramp used by the local lawn dart outfit. It's about as basic as can be - high lift wing and no concession to speed. There's not a flush rivet on it. Sure looks rugged.

Something I've never had any desire to do. I don't want to jump out of a perfectly good airplane or even a bad one, unless it was on fire.

@Mike Newman may have heard of this company. It's the only one I've ever seen.

P750XL 1.JPG

P750XL2.JPG

P750XL3.JPG

P750XL4.JPG

• Like 2

Lol.   One of my Scuba students was an anesthesiologist at the UNO Medcenter in Omaha.

He is also a pilot and has over 3000 jumps. 

I asked him once why would you jump out of a perfectly good airplane?

his response was there is no such thing as a perfectly good airplane .

• Haha 4
13 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

Lol.   One of my Scuba students was an anesthesiologist at the UNO Medcenter in Omaha.

He is also a pilot and has over 3000 jumps. 

I asked him once why would you jump out of a perfectly good airplane?

his response was there is no such thing as a perfectly good airplane .

For that matter why jump out of a boat. Lol.  

• Haha 4
1 hour ago, exSW said:

Did it smell like sheep?

I didn’t know sheep were allowed to skydive? 😉

A buddy tried to get me to go jump out of a plane once. I told him he wasn’t big enough to make me.  I’m like @New Englander, I see no need in jumping from a perfectly good airplane. I don’t see that as a good way to mitigate risk in my life. 

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

I didn’t know sheep were allowed to skydive? 😉

A buddy tried to get me to go jump out of a plane once. I told him he wasn’t big enough to make me.  I’m like @New Englander, I see no need in jumping from a perfectly good airplane. I don’t see that as a good way to mitigate risk in my life. 

Rodeos,street racing,bat sh!t crazy females but I drew the line at skydiving.😱

• Haha 6
1 minute ago, exSW said:

Rodeos,street racing,bat sh!t crazy females but I drew the line at skydiving.😱

For me certain rodeo events would be like skydiving, just from 6-8’ off the ground and no parachute....

• Like 2

Always wanted to do it once to say I did. 

Sadly never got it done while my knees were agreeable. 😪

Come close a few years back knees be damned but had to have some guy strapped to my back,😬 nope, no way, not gonna happen. Call it what you want, I don't care, ain't no way betwixt God's blue heavens and his beautiful green earth I'm letting some guy tie hisself to my backside for twelve thousand feet. 😳

Now, if it was a cute little bouncy bubbly parachute girl................................................... I might jump from 18😉 😋

• Haha 4

Two things, late 60s had a workmate who was a pilot, he took mom and I out one day and behaved himself, then he went in and dropped his wife and mine off, and he asked if I wanted to go back up, duck ya, lets go, I have a fear of flying in big planes but small ones don't bother me.

So now he says I'm gonna show you something and hang on, so up we go, as high as that little guy would go and leveled off, then he said hang on again and dropped the hammer and divebombed as fast as he could, I've never had a feeling like that in my then short life, all the carney rides be damned they couldn't hold a candle to that drop out of the sky, fun.

My gurl got married in '07 in Vegas, and one day on the phone I heard mom talking a little bit excited to her on the phone, quickly asked what's up, she says the girls, bridesmaids, were going to skydive two days before the wedding and I'm thinking not a good idea, I said tell her I'm in, gonna do it for my 60th, I tell you I've never received a dirtier look, but it all went great when we got there, they were going with the 5000 feet jump, I said screw that a few more hundred and lets go to 15,000 feet, it was a hoot, even with my steel knees we landed standing up, I had envisioned landing like the war movies and bouncing across the landscape.

Anyone thinking of doing it, do it, its a blast, and if something goes wrong the tandem guy is really experienced, mine had over 5000 jumps.

When I was a young SGT I was tasked with driving Gen Meyer when he visited Ft Leavenworth in 1980. Like most general officers he had jump wings on his uniform. He ask me why I wasn't airborne. I told him, "Sir, I'm armor, when they can combat drop the same tank more than once I'll learn to jump".

I was temporarily at Leavenworth as part of a team moving mini tanks around a terrain board for students at the Command and Staff college. War Games department was thereat the time and that's where we were working. Gen Meyer flew in to inspect that training.

Rick

Yeah pretty much an old Fletcher updated with a turbo- prop so  they can climb to altitude a little quicker and dispatch more “meat bombers” per day......more profit👍.........the really good pilots will actually be back on the ground before the “payload” will ..

• Like 1

Never heard the term ‘lawn dart outfit’ before!!!!!!😀😀😀

My 19 year old niece and I were talking the other day and somehow we got on the subject of forced landings. She mentioned that if she were a pilot she’d try to land in water, I said water landings were not a good thing. Her reply was ‘would you rather jump out of the plane or swim away from it...’