Muzzleloader powder

Triple r 706

Has anyone used Blackhorn 209 powder.  And what is your thoughts on it.  I just bought a new muzzleloader and was thinking about giving it a try.  I’ve used pyrotechnics and 777 in the pas but want to try something different.  The gun is inline with a 209 primer 27” stainless barrel with 1:28 twist.        Thanks Roy 

2 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

I use Accurate 5744 but my savage is rated for smokeless powder.  Is the Blackhorn a supposedly cleaner black powder?

Yes blackhorn is a cleaner burning black powder with a lot less fouling.  And claim more shots with out swabbing Barrel   But seams expensive 40$+ for a 10oz can. 

Just now, Triple r 706 said:

Yes blackhorn is a cleaner burning black powder with a lot less fouling.  And claim more shots with out swabbing Barrel   But seams expensive 40$+ for a 10oz can. 

That is high dollar. I suppose once you get the gun tuned in you shouldn’t need a lot of it though?  I’m sure I’ve spent way more on less. Might be worth a try. 

The most important thing in my opinion, is find a powder you like, fine tune your load and stick with it. Too many variables among different brands. Took me quite a while to work up a 200 yard load, that is consistent and deadly for muleys.