I lay new sleeve on hot plate for little bit, then simply drop it on front pulley. I always put a very light coat of retaining compound on OD of where it goes on pulley to seal it 

• Like 4

Pleas educate a rookie ,what does it look like ? I m always learning the hard way 

1 hour ago, 560Dennis said:

Pleas educate a rookie ,what does it look like ? I m always learning the hard way 

Item 3A....... just a thin wear sleeve that fits on hub of front pulley, then seal in turn rides on wear sleeve.  

image.thumb.png.9ec8fa7cd622a8c2bc2fdbd5595d8fc8.png

Maybe not an official tool but I use old bearing cone races for those I happen to find ones that are a perfect OD slip fit and I use them to install the wear rings keeps them square on the shaft as well

The sleeve manufacturer makes a tool that accurately fits the outside of the sleeve with a reduced lip to the diameter of what ever the sleeve fits on  so it contacts the the front surface of the sleeve to press it into position. Simple another type of bearing driver.  A bushing driver of the correct dimensions would work. 

Would be a good project for a student in a trade school that has access to a  lathe and a boring bar or a good set of drill bits with a correctly sized hone.

Cheaper to just get the one from the sleeve vendor.

Be careful when removing the old sleeve so you do not mangle the crankshaft seal surface.

Good luck with your current project.

Now I got it thanks , dah !

22 hours ago, 560Dennis said:

This shows the official tool we were supplied if your owners weren't too cheap to have this kind of stuff. Nice heavy tool that completely surrounds the wear sleeve and makes installation real easy.

Front Wear Sleeve Install.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1