Rock Inland .45 ACP

Wes806

Haven't owned one but I think Rock Island builds a pretty good mid range pistol. 

Know a few guys with AR's that bought on price and are satisfied. 

• Thanks 1

Me too, as far as I’ve ever heard RI is good, pretty hard to screw up a 1911, I bought a Para a few years ago with their take on the .45, I was kinda leery but it turned out all good, I love .45s always have ever since I was a widdle kid.

• Like 1

Theoretically a mil spec 1911 ought to be as good as any other. If your happy it was worth it, I have a Springfield 1911 a1 and a ruger  SR 1911, pound for pound the ruger is a nicer gun by far. Hers the deal I tell everyone, if you pull the trigger and it goes bang in the direction it is pointed every time and you are happy, it’s a great gun. If not, figure out what you don’t like and don’t get that again. Springfield was running a program recently that was attempting to get people out of entry level and into “nicer” guns and was selling 1911 officer model .45s at about 550. It was a good deal for those in the market. 

• Thanks 1

My only caution these days with all these new guns flocking into the market place from all different directions and all different manufactures is regardless of who copied who or who came up with a better mouse trap they are all pumping them out the door as fast as humanly possible. 

I have taken apart some of the popular automatic pistols that friends and family have reciently acquired and always find the same thing . Razor sharp edges on internal parts, tool and machine marks, mass produced tight fitting parts that need about 1000 rounds fired through it before it becomes reliable. 

I prefer to stick to my old trusted pieces that weren’t built during an era when people are literally panic buying every gun they can shove into the market place . 

Gun stores are selling anything and everything to first time buyers and in my opinion some of it is quickly built with poor or no craftsmanship at all .

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, acem said:

finish is ok but not great

My thought on the finish also/ Been wanting to get .45 with the 1911 full frame but never really looked for one. Seen the I got at the gun dealer today  thought it was a decent price so I picked it up.  Sure don't help when the gun shop is at a place that I mow weekly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

built with poor or no craftsmanship at all .

The shop I bought this one from has done me good over the last on getting stuff for me  (parts ammo ect.) asked the gun smith there to take it apart and check it out which he did and everything looked good that we looked at together.

• Like 2