15 minutes ago, Art From Coleman said:

Hopefully Toyota WILL DENY any warranty coverage.

They warrantied it .  That’s one thing about Toyota they pretty much warranty anything . 

Just yesterday driving down 412 between dyersburg and Jackson in Tennessee just about dark big John Deere tractor pulling an implement no lights on implement and 6 work lights all facing rear you can’t see anything because your completely blinded 

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, 4x4ford said:

Just yesterday driving down 412 between dyersburg and Jackson in Tennessee just about dark big John Deere tractor pulling an implement no lights on implement and 6 work lights all facing rear you can’t see anything because your completely blinded 

And I am sure he thinks he was doing the correct thing by having his work lights on. 
🙄

3 hours ago, lorenzo said:

Depending on what she was driving you can also read the “ black box” as it’s nicknamed and find out her speed, Cruze, gear, etc.., 

My Toyota buddy showed me a Brand new Tundra the other day that they had the tranny out of.  I always kid them about their poser trucks so he told me the owner claimed the tranny just quit one day for no reason .  They plugged into the computer and found out that the last thing the truck was doing was 89 mph in reverse , it also got towed in covered with mud so they suspected the owner got it stuck and was too stupid to own it. 

Coming from Yankee Lake 🤣😅👍🏻🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Wi Ih said:

My brother who lives in Baldwin we used to haul years ago to the elevator  down Highway 63 and that was a freaking nightmare so I know exactly what you’re talking about, glad when I help him now we don’t have to haul to town

Hwy 63 is the nightmare I live on. I'm about 15 miles north of Baldwin. 2 miles north of hwy 64.

Jesse

4 hours ago, lightninboy said:

I don't recall ever seeing a SMV emblem on a grain auger....seems like a good idea in this situation....

Yes there is a slow moving vehicle sign on the auger it says it in the police report

40DC79D3-725F-4329-9CC8-B5FF411E5833.png

Years ago when i was a teenager dad Joe and i were up on the dry land on Hwy 287. I was taking the 806 up the highway with the 16 ft offset disk and a curve ahead of me and a "Red Ball" semi tractor with doubles pulled up about 20 ft behind the disk. He acted like i should pull over. I pointed out the cab window at the Yellow No Passing Line and you could tell he did not like it. Well i pulled the throttle open on the old RD Pump and that was a fairly steep hill and the smoke was hitting his windshield and i went about a 1/4 of a mile and finally signaled and turned off the highway. He was ticked and had to come to a complete stop to get his gears straightened out so he could proceed down the road. Ol Joe always laughed about me pointing at the yellow no passing line.

This was from an accident that happened at the farm I worked at two years ago. We had a guy hauling round bales with the bale wagon. He was empty on a strait stretch of the main highway, traffic is usually pretty light around here. We ran on the edge of the pavement, there is enough room for oncoming traffic to see around us and we would get over when conditions allow.We didn't like running the shoulder because we always seemed to have flat tire issues.  A minivan came up from behind and rear ended the wagon pushing it into the tractor. The tire caught it and it went up breaking both windows, gashing the tire,and taking out the fender. It also broke off the hoses for the loader that were plugged into the remotes. Fortunately everyone walked away. The tractor had working flashers and there was reflective tape on the back of the wagon.

IMG950140.jpg

• Sad 1
10 hours ago, lorenzo said:

Depending on what she was driving you can also read the “ black box” as it’s nicknamed and find out her speed, Cruze, gear, etc.., 

My Toyota buddy showed me a Brand new Tundra the other day that they had the tranny out of.  I always kid them about their poser trucks so he told me the owner claimed the tranny just quit one day for no reason .  They plugged into the computer and found out that the last thing the truck was doing was 89 mph in reverse , it also got towed in covered with mud so they suspected the owner got it stuck and was too stupid to own it. 

Stuck once and the tranny is toast "Oh what a feeling"

Now that I think about it in reverse it would be on the rev limiter before 89 mph so it must have been in a tug of war with a Chevy and got dragged backwards that fast

• Haha 1
19 hours ago, 12_Guy said:

You will notice that I didn't say anything about waving anyone around and while I said put it in the ditch, that's not exactly correct. What I mean is to get it on my side of the center or off the road completely if possible. It's their responsibility to determine if it is safe to pass. I have had cars going around me in the ditch on wrong side. My thoughts are to try to not have anyone behind me if possible. It only irritates them and me. This also means planning a little bit and trying not to be out there when the traffic is heavy. 

I disagree. By pulling over I think your asking for trouble. You give these people an inch they take a mile. Like running half way on the shoulder half in the lane. No way. I dont really care if they have to follow me. Yes if theres a good place and a line behind you I get what your saying it's just good curtousy. But as far as driving down the road worried about making one person mad (nobody behind you as you called it) **** no. It's the same citiots that about take your front tire off when they go around you. And yes I feel giving them a little wave around me keeps me in control and the driver and I on the same page. It's a shame this world has to transfer the responsibility over by this. All I can say Is bull$hit I didnt wave at that guy hes crazy 😎

• Like 1

Bin renters needed to finish a repair there last year but it didn't get done and it gave out this year. They lifted it with a loader enough to get some bolts through the holes and took it home.

IMG_20201025_085212.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

Had that happen to a mk100 same make auger. Was filling a bin and with auger running full the hydraulic hose developed a bad leak at the 

coupler behind the shutoff valve. You get that sinking feeling when  you see it slowly lowering and finally come to rest with the tube bent all to h**l.

Talked with a guy who farmed in England and had land across his road and he said he would have to wait forever at the end of his driveway if he wanted a break in traffic to safely pull across so he would turn right drive down to the roundabout and come back to turn in, think this may have been one of the pluses for Fendt and their speed, I didn’t think to ask how he ever got back home unless he had another roundabout the other way also😳

I do my best to pull over, but many of our roads have no shoulders and steep ditches. Most people are simply driving too fast. Even people who don't know the roads. We live on a 3 way corner that also has a curve. People are constantly shooting through the 3 way because they have no idea which way the road goes. Technically it's 35 through there, but I see people all day doing 60+... kids around, tractors and Amish. I loved to ride my bicycle, but people drive so fast anymore and aren't paying attention. They expect everyone else to compensate for their lack of attention.

• Like 2

This happened down the road this past Sunday. Tractor driver was pulling empty wagons heading east and was turning north, and the knotthead in the car decided to pass at the intersection. Slow down people and think!

15067.jpeg

15066.jpeg

• Sad 2
On 10/23/2020 at 7:26 AM, Gillfisher said:

I agree with Scott.  A few years back a tractor and hay wagon pulled off a bit for people to pass.  An accident occurred, and the farmer was held to blame.  He was told he should have stayed on the road, and cars can pass as THEY see fit.  That's  Canada though

I was going to ask about that, in surrey we have farm implements all the time just a tractor or combine ( see guys, I know what they are now ) driving singleton usually stay in their lane but never wave you or flag you, the onus is on us the driver, but if they are towing they move only if needed to the side, no biggie for me, but I'm unimportant not like everyone else rushing by.

On 10/26/2020 at 3:07 AM, hardtail said:

Talked with a guy who farmed in England and had land across his road and he said he would have to wait forever at the end of his driveway if he wanted a break in traffic to safely pull across so he would turn right drive down to the roundabout and come back to turn in, think this may have been one of the pluses for Fendt and their speed, I didn’t think to ask how he ever got back home unless he had another roundabout the other way also😳

We have a dairy farm five miles away that is on a pretty busy road, when they move their cows across to their other field, men go out, flags are held and traffic stopped, I've always seen good attitude at the stops.