Rewire planning, get rid of dummy lights?

I'm in the planning stages of completly rewiring my 784.  Diagram seems easy and I've rewired a boat with no diagram and had to create one, so this seems like a cake walk.  I have one working fender light, the rear work light, and alternator warning light.  That's it, the gauges and other lights don't work and all the fuses are good.  

I'm thinking about replacing the oil pressure and hydraulic temp lights with gauges as I hate dummy lights.

Has anybody else made a new dash panel to add gauges and/or get rid rid of the dummy lights?  Just looking for ideas.

Why not just buy a new harness?  I'm sure Porch electric makes one along with many others.  Price one.  You might be surprised.

I've worked on a few 84 series.  Not much wiring to them.  We also have a 784 on the farm, but all the lights and gauges on it work.  The alarm I added to park brake works the best.  No one leaves that darn brake on now!!!