88 Series floor mats...........Do they got one close to the original yet?

You 88 series owners, has anyone come up with a good floor mat yet that is close to the original?  The cheapo one I put in years back now is starting to go south, would sure like to have one close to what the original was, I seem to remember someone here with some connections saying they were working on it, but can't seem to find it now.  Depending on how much snow we get this winter(Its back on the 3pt blower this year), I would guess the one in it will be toast by spring.  

AP air has a black 5/8 thick one you have to cut the hole out for the diff lock and and cab mounts  and maybe trim around the edges but other then that it is great ill never buy another thin one the last one we had i think it came from k&m didn't last six months but a few of these 5/8's are almost two years old now

Fehr Cab Interiors has a good one. Available in at least black and brown, not sure about maroon. Get the extra pad that goes under it, I have several and am happy with them. 

• Like 2

Not on an 88 series but I made my own for my 986 from a 1 inch thick stall mat I got for little to nothing. Made a template out of cardboard of the cab floor and then traced it out onto the mat. Used a jig saw to cut it out. A couple areas to fine tune and I was in business. I learned to stay real tight to the template because a 1 inch thick mat is no fun to install and then remove by yourself when it doesn't quite fit.

Jesse

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, ihrondiesel said:

Fehr Cab Interiors has a good one. Available in at least black and brown, not sure about maroon. Get the extra pad that goes under it, I have several and am happy with them. 

Agree with this. We got the brown one for the 1486 and the extra pad is well worth it. Just wish someone would make the original one that had the carpet on it towards the front where there was no foot traffic. 

3 hours ago, Cummings1486 said:

Agree with this. We got the brown one for the 1486 and the extra pad is well worth it. Just wish someone would make the original one that had the carpet on it towards the front where there was no foot traffic. 

That is what I was hoping for?  Guess it hasn't happened yet.............

3 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

That is what I was hoping for?  Guess it hasn't happened yet.............

Yeah unfortunately I think the brown floor mat is as good as it’s going to get for right now until someone makes it. I’ve looked at the boneyard’s and the only ones that I have ever found are either ripped or trashed. I would think that there would be a pretty good demand if someone started making them. 

51 minutes ago, Cummings1486 said:

Yeah unfortunately I think the brown floor mat is as good as it’s going to get for right now until someone makes it. I’ve looked at the boneyard’s and the only ones that I have ever found are either ripped or trashed. I would think that there would be a pretty good demand if someone started making them. 

Mine started out life as red I believe.................when I bought it from Titan they put in a new seat back and base that was red that I believe replaced the original that was red.  I ended up putting in a black interior, and black floor mat.  Thought about putting in a black seat, but I am not that fussy.  Was after a new black floor mat that looked like the OE.  

28 minutes ago, acem said:

I have feher floor mars and like them. I don't want carpet in my tractor. How would you get the cow manure out? Thx-Ace 

The original floor mats had a mat like material where the foot traffic went through and the carpet was more towards the front and back. Wouldn’t have to worry about the manure too much lol

9 hours ago, Jesse in WI said:

Not on an 88 series but I made my own for my 986 from a 1 inch thick stall mat I got for little to nothing. Made a template out of cardboard of the cab floor and then traced it out onto the mat. Used a jig saw to cut it out. A couple areas to fine tune and I was in business. I learned to stay real tight to the template because a 1 inch thick mat is no fun to install and then remove by yourself when it doesn't quite fit.

Jesse

that is what i would use - thick, sound absorbing, insulating, easy to clean, once down its not going to be flopping or roll up either. 

On 10/22/2020 at 2:11 PM, Jesse in WI said:

Jesse

That's what mine is, very durable 

On 10/22/2020 at 8:43 PM, acem said:

I have feher floor mars and like them. I don't want carpet in my tractor. How would you get the cow manure out? Thx-Ace 

I used to pull them and powerwash them whenever I would wash the tractor if it was real bad. Leave it may in the sun for a while or hang it over something and it will dry out and be good as new. I swear some of the guys driving the tractors would go out of their way to see how dirty they could get the inside of cab. 😠

• Like 1
2 hours ago, TractormanMike.mb said:

I used to pull them and powerwash them whenever I would wash the tractor if it was real bad. Leave it may in the sun for a while or hang it over something and it will dry out and be good as new. I swear some of the guys driving the tractors would go out of their way to see how dirty they could get the inside of cab. 😠

I should put a picture of one I am working on here as a favor, unbelieveable is how I explain it.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, IHC5488 said:

Here's a black one installed on an 86 series.  Not factory but looks ok.

IMG_20181008_224957238_BURST001.thumb.jpg.44c3b9b93c1474dcc5299a28f067e85b.jpg

It seems to be holding up well so far. 😄

4 hours ago, IHC5488 said:

Here's a black one installed on an 86 series.  Not factory but looks ok.

IMG_20181008_224957238_BURST001.thumb.jpg.44c3b9b93c1474dcc5299a28f067e85b.jpg

1 hour ago, FarmallFan said:

It seems to be holding up well so far. 😄

I was wondering what was going on with the “TA” lever....

Then BJ chimes in and it clicks!  A 186 would not have a TA lever!!!

That tractor certainly does look sharp.  You two should both be proud of it!!!

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

I have a black one like the above...............I never seen the "factory" black one.  All of the factory ones I ever seen were red for some reason.

I don’t believe the black ones ever had the carpet on them. I think only the western brown and the burgundy cabs had them.