Jump to content

Soon i shall be


660 driver
 Share

Recommended Posts

Gracing the great state of south dakota with my prescense! My company has a job in the northwest crotch of i90 and i29. I just got done piecing my 2007 expedition back together after hitting a deer with it mid summer. Im hoping to take it out there and leave my truck home. Am i nuts? Its got a used rad,condesor,trans,and oil cooler out of a running vehicle. Gonna tow some stuff to dads with it before sunday to test it out. I figure if it makes hills and valleys towing for 30 miles it should make 4 hours on the interstate and back n fourth from my temporary home to the jobsite.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, MarkG said:

Is the expedition 4x4?

Most definately. Im a little worried about reliability. I did drag a snowmobile 3 hours north with it over the winter but that was pre deer strike. 20200515_181935.thumb.jpg.f197984237da953bc0919ce38c380fed.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have long said that vehicles were made to go up and down the road.  Check the fluids and drive it!  Stop an hour or two into your trip and recheck as necessary.  A crate/bin with a few jugs/bottles of whichever fluid you are concerned about is cheap insurance.  I have always said that I would rather have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Can you get to your spare tire?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I carry fluids for my job anyway so i already have all that. I also have quite an array of tools so i can fix minor things on the equiptment i run if need be. As far as the spare tire goes yes i can access it but how far it will get me im unsure of. That should probably be adressed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DaveinSD said:

I say test it out and if everything goes good bring it on out! Hope the weather works out for u this weekend, it doesn’t look good out here on the west side of the state.

We are going to get a nasty taste of winter here too.

Not a lot of snow but wind and single digits temps will not be like those pleasant scenes you see on Christmas cards

Ready or not, here we go boys, time to get out the "long handles" and insulated bibs??

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

At least you know Tony, that if you do break down..... Mark is just a phone call or RPF post away and he will be there in no time to get you on your way. ??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TomH said:

At least you know Tony, that if you do break down..... Mark is just a phone call or RPF post away and he will be there in no time to get you on your way. ??

Ya pennsylvania is a tad far but ya never know!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, 660 driver said:

Gracing the great state of south dakota with my prescense! My company has a job in the northwest crotch of i90 and i29. I just got done piecing my 2007 expedition back together after hitting a deer with it mid summer. Im hoping to take it out there and leave my truck home. Am i nuts? Its got a used rad,condesor,trans,and oil cooler out of a running vehicle. Gonna tow some stuff to dads with it before sunday to test it out. I figure if it makes hills and valleys towing for 30 miles it should make 4 hours on the interstate and back n fourth from my temporary home to the jobsite.

Glad to hear you are headed our way. that area in NW S.F. is growing by leaps and bounds. Rumor is there is a million square foot building going in as an Amazon distribution center. (!,500 employees after built) If you don't have a job in S.F. you wasted a day.

Hope you come and stay. Remember that Chapter #21 will let you in with no trouble. Meeting at noon on the State Fair Grounds in Huron 11/14/20.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 660 driver said:

Ya pennsylvania is a tad far but ya never know!

Your luck ill have fixed mine (because its a ford) if it has any problems it will be very,very minor and ill ending pulling you to safety!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, ihrondiesel said:

There are several RPF members within an hour of Sioux Falls if you need something. 

Just look for an IH shaped "bat signal" in the sky!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks mike! Just put the finishing touches on it tonight. Test deive tomorrow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/21/2020 at 9:27 PM, 660 driver said:

Most definately. Im a little worried about reliability. I did drag a snowmobile 3 hours north with it over the winter but that was pre deer strike. 20200515_181935.thumb.jpg.f197984237da953bc0919ce38c380fed.jpg that won’t hurt that won’t hurt the running none 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@660 driver Welcome to this part of the world!  Sioux Falls is a nice place for the most part.  I used to go there quite often.  I don’t get there much any more as we live in a location where it is much quicker to get to Sioux City.  Do watch your back just a little bit, crime has been on the rise in Sioux Falls the last few years.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, 560Dennis said:
On 10/21/2020 at 8:27 PM, 660 driver said:

Most definately. Im a little worried about reliability. I did drag a snowmobile 3 hours north with it over the winter but that was pre deer strike. 20200515_181935.thumb.jpg.f197984237da953bc0919ce38c380fed.jpg that won’t hurt that won’t hurt the running none 

Expand  

It destroyed the rad,condensor,and trans cooler. It did get hot for about 5 seconds so i was a tad worried about head gaskets.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...