So I brought home a splitter...

Now i need a hydraulic tank, i am torn between buying a new one and making one .. probably cheaper to buy one but ill spend a fortune in plumbing getting to the random ports. I plan on hooking the PTO pump to it. I did stop at the local TSC and bought new wheels and tires. I put them on but had  to go rescue dad who broke down with the POS JD410 so i did not get pictures of it rolling, but it sure is one stout splitter!

52C795D9-6DE8-4042-926D-5CD2586DF7B2.jpeg

8D34CF42-E845-4815-92B8-32B4AA03AF79.jpeg

EE19C7F3-8421-479F-A1B2-9ADDB61A694E.jpeg

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

Will the CJ power it? 😊

No, the M, the 5 had a dauntless so I brought it along. 

D5BBFC58-C7F6-4240-8EB9-1410BDAF520B.jpeg

8580A17C-ECB2-4D16-9207-AB09F2C11EEB.jpeg

• Like 1

It’s still got the V6 badges on it. I have a few of them left from my Jeepin days. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, MTO said:

Have brought numerous splitters home.

Some good but pricey.

Some not but cheap.

One I have now I've had 15 yrs.

Why do i feel we aren’t talking about the same thing...

• Haha 2

Looks like there is a tank and motor on it?

1 minute ago, Sledgehammer said:

It’s still got the V6 badges on it. I have a few of them left from my Jeepin days. 

Only kind of 5 we have around here. I had my dads well on its way , frame rebuilt, new shocks, clutch, new seals all through etc, ready for the body. It was in the building that irene got, swept it away bent the frame  and filled the engine trans and axles full of water and sand. Only had 21k on it. I brought hime one that could drive around.. but for a stripped timing gear and now this one... might be stuck, I dunno. Hopefully ill have enough parts to put one together one if these days . Hopefully someday one of you guys not in the salt belt can find me a salvageable carcass someday when the checkbook is a little less stressed. Id love to have a body/frame i can actually save rather than buy an aftermarket. 

5 minutes ago, hardtail said:

Looks like there is a tank and motor on it?

The splitter? Tiny tank.. couple gallons , with a 33 GPM pump that’s about 30 gallons too small i get away with 20 just fine but what is there is too small. No engine there. 

Looks to have a good heavy Beam for a splitter.  Was this a homemade job before?

• Like 1
Just now, Wes806 said:

Looks to have a good heavy Beam for a splitter.  Was this a homemade job before?

I suspect it was some fabricator. Has a serial tag. 
“Cast &Co 1-1F”

919612C2-6574-4FBA-87F0-2DE923A50097.jpeg

Sure done a good job on the beam work from looks of the pics.  Good luck with it.

• Thanks 1

Hydraulic motor there must have been driven by something else?

7 hours ago, hardtail said:

Hydraulic motor there must have been driven by something else?

Yes, it has a pump, and had it’s own engine once... I’m not big on self propelled splitters, I have enough stuff to keep running and they tend to be noisy, tractor driven splitters help justify my illness. If it had a nice Honda there I would not cast it away, but I am not going looking for one

Why does everyone make a splitter that the wood splits and comes off the end where the hitch is why not the other end that way you can leave it hooked to a truck or tractor and just split onto the ground and move ahead 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, forwhldrv said:

Why does everyone make a splitter that the wood splits and comes off the end where the hitch is why not the other end that way you can leave it hooked to a truck or tractor and just split onto the ground and move ahead 

Did you see th4’ I retrofitted?

17 minutes ago, forwhldrv said:

Re above:

BBEA3B2C-0713-4092-BD0A-0609F041224B.jpeg

DA49B005-7FDF-42E9-8592-1AF566CACBB2.jpeg

• Like 1