Best set of ratcheting flex head wrenches?

9 hours ago, stronger800 said:

I’m the oddball lately it seems. 

I’ve  wrecked a few Gearwrench brand wrenches.  And some older craftsman of the non-flex style.  Keep telling myself I’m going to treat myself to a better set, but I don’t know what it will be.  Maybe that brand Napa sellsthat I can’t ever remember, because  they would warranty them if need be.  

Stay away from them with the dead blow.. they last longer 😉

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

I bought one of those, the set was 24.95 but was missing 11/16, in ordered one to complete the set, the wrench was 29.99... shoulda asked before I ordered 🤬

image.thumb.jpg.84853e0fe3c0888827bf79eebd0be9b3.jpg

this was one of the last sets they had a couple years ago, bought 3 of each. 5/16-3/4 with no skips. There where a few set that had missing sizes though I I remember, the set purchasing was over 5 or 6 years. Each year was a different gearwrench set, haven’t had them in n the last few years. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, NY1468 said:

image.thumb.jpg.84853e0fe3c0888827bf79eebd0be9b3.jpg

this was one of the last sets they had a couple years ago, bought 3 of each. 5/16-3/4 with no skips. There where a few set that had missing sizes though I I remember, the set purchasing was over 5 or 6 years. Each year was a different gearwrench set, haven’t had them in n the last few years. 

I had a set of craftsman with the direction switch, and one  gear wrench I found them fiddly and prone to failure. Had better luck with the flat ones. 

7 hours ago, Ihfan4life said:

I’m pretty sure there is a disclaimer stating that their not to be used fir breaking things loose....even without a n additional leverage source😂

Yeah, I figured I was over doing it but it was the only wrench out of several that actually was, in a terribly limited space, in a position to actually move the nut. It moved it, but was forever after jumping when it got to that spot. In retrospect I should have heated and bent a cheap box end.

Oh well, got it done and Lowes didn't ask any questions.

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, Ihfan4life said:

SK?

SK makes an excellent set of ratcheting wrenches (I have combination,, not flex head ) Have metric and sae ,no gaps in the sizes

18-20 years old no problems , Not sure what they make now

Also have set of Blue Point that flex and the 12 pt box end has tits on 6 of the points so that it will not slide over a bolt or nut all the way .

Excellent wrenches

• Like 1
On 10/18/2020 at 8:21 PM, Ihfan4life said:

I hope you didn’t try to compare it to a woman and shoes...🙏🤯 ( I was gonna say bras but I thought shoes would be better)

There is no point trying to compare my addiction to tools and equipment, she doesn’t have anything even close fortunately.....

• Sad 1

I've got a set of gear wrench flex. I think they suck. When you finally do find a place they work good in you constantly fight keeping the socket on the nut. Since you cant apply slight pressure because of the flex head. What a pita. Plus my 1/2 and 9/16 the flex head detents are wore out so they flop around loosely at all times. They have never failed. 

My proto non swivel set are my go to. 

• Like 1

Always hoping they will fit in the limited space. About 85% of the time I am disappointed, back to a standard box open end. 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, ray54 said:

Always hoping they will fit in the limited space. About 85% of the time I am disappointed, back to a standard box open end. 

Yeah, that's usually the way. But there have been enough times recently, it'd be so nice to have a set that I think I may just buy one.

17 hours ago, Missouri Mule said:

I've got a set of gear wrench flex. I think they suck. When you finally do find a place they work good in you constantly fight keeping the socket on the nut. Since you cant apply slight pressure because of the flex head. What a pita. Plus my 1/2 and 9/16 the flex head detents are wore out so they flop around loosely at all times. They have never failed. 

My proto non swivel set are my go to. 

This is why you need the locking ones.  I agree that the ones that freely swivel are useless.  These in metric and standard: https://www.gearwrench.com/gearwrench-85698-12-pc-12-point-xl-locking-flex-head-ratcheting-combination-metric-wrench-set.html