Went to the Picken and Plowin day at Collins Ia. Saturday. Met Kal, had a good talk with him. Had a great time, the dirt was tough! The amount and variety of pickers was impressive. Plowing rigs were varied too. I had the only pumpkin. About 80 acres got turned over.

Kal's Super WD-9 next to my 45. he also had his Super MTA, didn't get a pic of it.

IMG_0727.JPG

IMG_0728.JPG

IMG_0729.JPG

IMG_0730.JPG

IMG_0731.JPG

IMG_0732.JPG

IMG_0733.JPG

fullsizeoutput_136.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_137.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_138.jpeg

• Like 14

My goodness that is some black earth.  Wow

thanks for the pictures 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, 560DT said:

looks like an 8550 chalmers in the back ground i see

Good eye! That is indeed an 8550. Here's a pic. Hooked to a 496 or maybe 490 IH disc.

fullsizeoutput_139.jpeg

• Like 1

Nice 560 D I assume it’s a four beam plow. Don’t remember the number model ? Got a three bottom just like it .

13 minutes ago, 560Dennis said:

Nice 560 D I assume it’s a four beam plow. Don’t remember the number model ? Got a three bottom just like it .

It looks like a 3-bottom to me.  Bet he sails along good in 3rd gear!

21 minutes ago, 560Dennis said:

It an IH #16 4 bottom plow. 

That 4 bottom was a load for the 560. Had to stop a number of times for him. Actually I think there were several different operators on that one during the day.

Kal warned me how tough the dirt was and he was not joking!

12 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

What is going on with the 8550?  Rain caps on there say 3 are turning and 3 are burning?

Pretty sure that was just the wind. Did I mention it was roaring Saturday? Seems like the new normal.

Looks like fun.  I always have to laugh when I see plow day pictures.  Usually some more modern equipment doing "pre-tillage" like the Cat Challenger and disk or the 8550 and disk.    If you like playing with the old equipment why don't you go out there with a 2 row stalk chopper or a 37 disk that barely cuts the stalks.😄  Just teasing of course. 

3 hours ago, kal said:

It an IH #16 4 bottom plow. 

Nice 👍🏻 I always wanted that one for ours , heavy duty , 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, DT Fan said:

That 4 bottom was a load for the 560. Had to stop a number of times for him. Actually I think there were several different operators on that one during the day.

Kal warned me how tough the dirt was and he was not joking!

I go to deep with our three bottom #16 so , I totally understand the issues I made with my set up. If I ever do it again new points shears and set depth to 6 inches in clay . 🤷‍♂️
ive lifted the cylinder higher like 6 inch say and the 560 goes into launch 🚀,it’s my set up ,I know ,why does it take so long to learn this ,I don’t know 

3 minutes ago, 560Dennis said:

I go to deep with our three bottom #16 so , I totally understand the issues I made with my set up. If I ever do it again new points shears and set depth to 6 inches in clay . 🤷‍♂️
ive lifted the cylinder higher like 6 inch say and the 560 goes into launch 🚀,it’s my set up ,I know ,why does it take so long to learn this ,I don’t 

I have a #16 4 bottom, I think the operators manual them a high clearance deep tillage plow. Says with an 8"stroke cylinder it will run 12"deep and with different cylinder brackets and cylinder it will plow 16".Can't imagine trying to plow 16" deep!

1 minute ago, kal said:

I have a #16 4 bottom, I think the operators manual them a high clearance deep tillage plow. Says with an 8"stroke cylinder it will run 12"deep and with different cylinder brackets and cylinder it will plow 16".Can't imagine trying to plow 16" deep!

Might find a lot more than you wanted to at 16”. Jimmy Hoffa??  We don’t even have that much topsoil....

• Like 1