Another harvest in the bin.

Congratulations.  We finished Wednesday the 14th at 1:49PM.  Corn in the lower 13’s As we finished up.

• Like 1

Gotta be a good feeling. Several here are getting pretty close. Rain forecasted for tomorrow afternoon. Hasn’t rained in two months so when it does I’m afraid it will get wet and stay that way. 

• Like 2

Couldn’t resist.  Harvest in a different kind of bin lol. Got about 2 weeks to go. Apples have been good, if a little on the small size. Just started Romes  I had my helper with me yesterday, 3 year old Hunter, wanted to ride with gpa!  Kid can eat, snuck my cookies and apple sauce  

9A122921-8BA1-4BAE-9896-4E859453ACDE.jpeg

D119D560-4FB1-4872-8907-304719FB7AF2.jpeg

0A16130A-8DFC-4466-A613-212853E73C8E.jpeg

Edited by timbo1946
Removed picture upside down
  • Like 3
15 hours ago, axial_al said:

Congratulations.  We finished Wednesday the 14th at 1:49PM.  Corn in the lower 13’s As we finished up.

Corn in lower 13's i would presume is moisture. You are so lucky. Started some yesterday for Son who needs hog feed.

32 0/0 moisture he dries all his corn with 3-phase diesel generator running 75 hp electric motor on drier plus the rest of the system.

we have on rare occasions combined 18 -19 0/0 corn but normally anything below 25-0/0 is great  13 0/0 wow.

• Like 1

My daily run takes me through NE Ohio. It's been very dry here. Seems like those boys are holding back a little to get some free dry time. Beans aren't done yet and they've hardly started corn. Not the norm. These are pretty good sized operators. 

• Like 1

Good job! That's a nice feeling. We finished up last night. Was snow flakes floating around but nothing on the ground

• Like 2
4 hours ago, db1486 said:

Good job! That's a nice feeling. We finished up last night. Was snow flakes floating around but nothing on the ground

Good to hear, was wondering how you were making out. 

Finished yesterday. cleaned up the dryer and buttoned up the bins today.  All my corn ran anywhere from 19%-24%, mostly 20-21%. 

Others are just starting corn, i think they hoping for some more free drying.  Sounds like anyone that has ran corn here has been in the low 20's for moisture.

• Like 1

We're still hard at it. Not even half done yet. Only finished beans Monday. 

Corn is dry here. I pulled some right out of the field yesterday at 16.4. Wetest weve had since our early run of corn 2 weeks ago is 18.4.

• Like 2

Far better here with the dry conditions than fighting the mud like last year.

Lost a few machines to fire.

Nothing ever seems to be perfect.

A guy I knew was setting in the pickup watching his son and family finish up the last of the corn harvest.

They finished up and found him dead in the pickup.

I guess if you have to go, there are worse ways.

• Like 1