How are you turkey hunters doing?

Darn near got one with the truck yesterday 

• Haha 2

Neighbor gal in her brand new 1990 Buick rwd woodgrain wagon came upon a jake on the berm.

As she closed in it took to wing.

It bounced off her windshield then hit the PSP car behind her.

Trooper pulled her over and issued her a citation....

For flipping him the bird. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

only hunt in the spring also, birds used to be in GREAT numbers here in MO but they are going down like quail for various reasons - i havent hunted them in the fall for 20 yrs for that reason. Depending on numbers usually just one bird in the spring also. 

Quail that i grew up hunting so regular are GONE, I hear one on once in a while deer hunting at sunrise/sunset but not often. We used to go to nebraska hunting pheasant annually but my cousins say they are all but gone there. No one seems to know just why. 

7 hours ago, searcyfarms said:

only hunt in the spring also, birds used to be in GREAT numbers here in MO but they are going down like quail for various reasons - i havent hunted them in the fall for 20 yrs for that reason. Depending on numbers usually just one bird in the spring also. 

Quail that i grew up hunting so regular are GONE, I hear one on once in a while deer hunting at sunrise/sunset but not often. We used to go to nebraska hunting pheasant annually but my cousins say they are all but gone there. No one seems to know just why. 

Wish I could ship you all you wanted.

Very healthy population here.

Eating dinner the other day bout ten came into the back yard scratching around.

Dogs don't even look at them anymore.

Usually shoot one for Thanksgiving dinner but can't say we "hunt" it🦃

On 10/18/2020 at 3:13 PM, MTO said:

Neighbor gal in her brand new 1990 Buick rwd woodgrain wagon came upon a jake on the berm.

As she closed in it took to wing.

It bounced off her windshield then hit the PSP car behind her.

Trooper pulled her over and issued her a citation....

For flipping him the bird. 

...help will be available , MTO......although, sadly, you seemed to have regressed of late.....:rolleyes:

Mike

7 hours ago, mike newman said:

...help will be available , MTO......although, sadly, you seemed to have regressed of late.....:rolleyes:

Mike

Tis true Mike, tis true. 

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, sandhiller said:

Wish I could ship you all you wanted.

Very healthy population here.

Eating dinner the other day bout ten came into the back yard scratching around.

Dogs don't even look at them anymore.

Usually shoot one for Thanksgiving dinner but can't say we "hunt" it🦃

Same here .  20 years ago the only turkey’s in this area were in grocery stores , now we have to stop on the road to let them cross . 

I see em everyday .

• Like 2

You guys need any come up here when the border opens, they are all over the place running the country, and doing a rotten job.

• Haha 3
4 hours ago, Dasnake said:

You guys need any come up here when the border opens, they are all over the place running the country, and doing a rotten job.

I don't want any of that old tuff bird,😉 probably drank to much swamp water. 🤣

Besides lot of young tender ones in my yard, just to many pin feather if  you clean one.

• Haha 1

Commotion on my back porch. There were three of them locked in battle - three necks all wound up and I could have got all of them with one shot. They knocked over two chairs and four or five pumpkins. We're surrounded by them. Two got into a battle and ended up in a boat on a trailer beside my shop. When they're in the heat of it they're oblivious to just about anything else. I walked right by them and said get off the boat and got ignored.

• Haha 1

Probably told this story before on here. But it is one of my favorites and he likes to retell it also. 

Once when my youngest was out mowing hay with the old M and bar mowers on the home meadow in front of the house, he jumped off and grabbed one of a dozen baby turkeys he come across. He was wondering what to do with the baby when he looked up to see momma about ten feet away and coming fast. She ran him around the tractor bout six times before he threw baby back to her and made it back up on the M and relative safety. Lesson learned😄

• Haha 1

I've never turkey hunted before but I think I'm going to try it in the spring. We have 3 herds walk past the house every morning. Then we have a bunch up across the field in the edge of a woods.

Rick

• Like 1