Good cleaner for modern carborators?

I haven't worked on carbs in years but now I have a late model 360 CC machine made by Honda with a carb.  I am looking for some carb cleaner that is as good as the old gunk stuff that would dissolve its own bucket and was one of the first chemicals banned by the newly created EPA.

I would appreciate any advice on how to get tiny little jets open again after sitting with modern fuel and gumming up?

Anyone try a higher power ultrasonic cleaner. We used one  to clean newly wave-soldered pcb's but that machine costed more than this project is worth.

1 minute ago, oleman said:

I haven't worked on carbs in years but now I have a late model 360 CC machine made by Honda with a carb.  I am looking for some carb cleaner that is as good as the old gunk stuff that would dissolve its own bucket and was one of the first chemicals banned by the newly created EPA.

I would appreciate any advice on how to get tiny little jets open again after sitting with modern fuel and gumming up?

Anyone try a higher power ultrasonic cleaner. We used on to clean newly wave-soldered pcb's but that machine costed more than this project is worth.

Seth @vtfireman85 uses an ultra sonic cleaner but idk if he’s used it on carbs? Maybe he’ll see this and chime in

I usually pull carb, dismantle, and soak in acetone overnight. Next day use air, then gumout, or crc carb cleaner to finish up. Takes time, but works well.

54 minutes ago, cobfly said:

I usually pull carb, dismantle, and soak in acetone overnight. Next day use air, then gumout, or crc carb cleaner to finish up. Takes time, but works well.

This is just what I do and it works on my bike, quad, trailer bearings and lastly it clean any junk on my Honda 2000i, brake cleaner, princess has it on sale quite often so I stock up because one can does one set of bearings and such.

The old style engine degreasers either spray or aerosol also works fine for me and your strip down procedure is what I do also.

1 hour ago, Ihfan4life said:

Seth @vtfireman85 uses an ultra sonic cleaner but idk if he’s used it on carbs? Maybe he’ll see this and chime in

Thats why I bought it, simple green and water , 2-3 trips, compressed air, then once more in the bath. Dump the mess down the drain and rinse the carb with aerosol carb and choke

• Like 1

I have used this cleaner with ,soap and water ,  Gunk carb cleaner, evaporust, acetone, and mineral spirits for different pieces and parts

All used seperately of course

Gunk and evaporust worked really well , I could not be happier with the unit itself except for the timer should let you clean longer

2.5 Liter Ultrasonic Cleaner

3 hours ago, Rawleigh99 said:

Berrymans still make it?

I think so.  I bought Berrymans B12 carb cleaner when I needed it.  Now I have a cheap overseas sonic cleaner, much better and it doesn’t stink. I also think it does a better job for a basically one time cost.

Located a suitable carb on boats.net for $152.95 since it is probably the only one in town I put it on the debit card.  This new carb eliminates  worn out shaft bushings and other non-replaceable parts of a carb.  Hey free shipping at over $150. order. Also got two cans of highly touted YAMAHA outboard carb/combustion cleaner elixir.

Appreciate the good advice.