iowaboy1965

2 hours ago, iowaboy1965 said:

I could run a new wire and a toggle switch quickly, but I prefer not to drill any holes in the dash and keep it as original looking as I can.

There is a hole below the ignition switch just a bit to the right.  You can put a toggle there temporarily. No drilling needed. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, J-Mech said:

There is a hole below the ignition switch just a bit to the right.  You can put a toggle there temporarily. No drilling needed. 

Guess I hadn't noticed that one. Ty.

• 3 weeks later...

Used the 782 and thrower to move the wet heavy crap Friday nite. Was almost done when I gouged some wet muddy junk and it quit. Shear pin looked to be there. I just knew I had done something irreparable to the gear box. Got it in the garage today and the shear pin had sheared and the pieces had finally fallen out. Whew. Pulled gear box and inspected the gears and grease anyway as I don't think I remembered to earlier. I put a grade #5 in today to try it as it was all I had, but will look for a grade #2 tomorrow. 

Saturday I rearrange the shed yet again and thought I could get the 682 and the 782 in. Wrong close but not quite. Well at least the 782 is in and the tarp will only have to keep dust off and not the rain and snow the mostly roofless corn crib let in.

20210118_162859.jpg

Looks good sitting in there.

Glad you didn't mess up the gear box.

It was cold but sunny. Long as I blew with the wind it was ok. 

Several large drifts full depth of the thrower. Handled it pretty well. 

• 7 months later...

So as I alluded to in the 1863 topic, my 782 hasn't been charging. 28 v ac at outside terminals of reg 0 or maybe 1 at center terminal. Never had one off but sounded easy enough. Well the lil tab inside the shroud was broke loose and fell down in behind the fly wheel.  🤦‍♂️

So today I pulled the engine and took the back shroud piece off. Had about give up when I finally found the lil tab. Even tho my welder was out of gas I got it goober back on and put everything back together as well as scraped and wiped as much grime off the frame as I could and wiped down and blew out the engine shrouds and cooling fins. 

Ran out of upmph before I got the tin work back on and I still need to rob a regulator from one of the other cubs or buy a new one. Oh ya I got a late start today but I rotated the tires on wifes and my car this morning too. I'm tired.

20210906_171420.jpg

20210906_171440.jpg

20210906_171427.jpg

6 hours ago, nate said:

If it’s not too late that the engine is back in,   Pull the flywheel and make sure all the magnets are still there and blow the dust and packed dirt out.    It made a world of difference on mine.  

I was pondering pulling the flywheel until I finally found the lil tab. I did take air gun and blow out the back side of the flywheel pretty good was room on the one side to see and get half or more real well. Couldn't see the other side as well but it looked pretty good. Hopefully it was good enough.

Engine is back in and I drove it to the shed I park it in. 

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm not sure I have what I need to pull flywheel. Didn't look that far into it but I probably need to figure out a puller at some point.

• 2 months later...

Finally got around to messing with 782 some more today. Somewhere in my bumbling I unplugged a wire under the dash. Plugged it back in and all is good with charging system.  It was a po splice and adapt deal but a lil tracing and plug things back together and check with meter and we are good.

Dug snow thrower out of the mound of dirt a dang ground hog had surrounded it in. Need to put the chains on still but in an emergency it would clear the drive in front of the house at least.

20211110_130056.jpg

It's that time of year again eh?  Darn!

"Dug snow thrower out of the mound of dirt a dang ground hog had surrounded it in."

You're supposed to trap/shoot those darn things. Having said that, saw one under the combine last summer that has so far eluded me. Haven't forgot him though!

I played musical garden tractors Tuesday. Pulled the deck off the 782 for some repair work this winter, moved it toward the back of the shed behind the 1450. Parked the 1650 behind it in case I need to mow some more. 720 has the blade and chains on ready to move snow if need be. Not going to use it unless the ground is frozen this year!

7 minutes ago, DT Fan said:

"Dug snow thrower out of the mound of dirt a dang ground hog had surrounded it in."

You're supposed to trap/shoot those darn things. Having said that, saw one under the combine last summer that has so far eluded me. Haven't forgot him though!

I played musical garden tractors Tuesday. Pulled the deck off the 782 for some repair work this winter, moved it toward the back of the shed behind the 1450. Parked the 1650 behind it in case I need to mow some more. 720 has the blade and chains on ready to move snow if need be. Not going to use it unless the ground is frozen this year!

That 720 looks like a beast.

I did trap and shoot the one that made this dirt pile. Was a hole exiting the shed but I didn't know the extent of the pile inside till I went to get the thrower out.

Now I have seen a pretty big one a couple times in the barn yard lately again. Never when I had means to dispose of him tho. Not sure he would even fit in my live trap. Would fill it up for sure.

Got the beast installed.....actually went right on.

Flipped the cutting edge and fixed the lift bar (holes wallowed out after years of working).  Added the "crutch" to avoid tweaking the rockshaft again, and away we go!

Might still use it some on the drawbar,  so chains can wait a little while.

20211111_154704.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/3/2021 at 3:21 PM, Mr. Plow said:

@B.B. that blade look familiar?  Actually it's the same tractor too!  😁

Just chained it up with a new set of chains.

20211203_134650.jpg

Are those 26's on back? It looks like a beast. 

Archived