Any of you RPF people farmers?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Grew up on a farm and never really lost the farmer mentality or the desire to live in the country. Have never lived in town, my day job is manufacturing related. Part time on a very small scale after

Test #4

Opps

Posted Images

im not farmer farmer, i grew up on a pig farm, we have some land but have share cropped it all my life, worked for many farmers of row crop/livestock varieties, driven lots of different farm equip in a number of colors, worked on so many things i dont even want to think about it, mostly rust with a tiny bit of paint left on it here/there, broken ,worn out, old, but still trying to make the best of it. 

I take care of our place and help others around me with theirs that dont have the equipment or ability. I am blessed to have stuff that will work sometimes and the basic aptitude to keep things functional to a lesser degree than a lot here. 

im a hack welder, hack mechanic, terrible carpenter, shameful plumber, shocking electrician. I know my limits and leave the amazing stuff for the professionals on here like jmech, bitty, mto, sdman, finney, so many other great mechanics and fixer guys with so many skills. I cant even begin to pour out all the honors and respect i have for them and their sheer determination, confidence, abilities, and knowledge. I didnt even scratch the surface with those names. WE have veterans too my hats off to them!!!!

I trust people on here probably way more than I should but I also respect them and their knowledge of ranching, lazywp sandhiller and all the transport drivers be it food, livestock, freight, tankers take your pick, this is a working mans site and so many with the love of the lord that makes me hopeful for what is left of our great country. 

yes I am a people farmer - I love the people here - there is a glorious harvest of families on here - to me that is what makes RPFs so great!!!

• Like 4

Grew up on a farm and never really lost the farmer mentality or the desire to live in the country. Have never lived in town, my day job is manufacturing related. Part time on a very small scale after work is about the extent  of my farming.

20190807_181209.jpg

20190809_164601.jpg

20190804_151757.jpg

20190321_171138.jpg

20190212_121145.jpg

20180911_180224.jpg

20170730_193804.jpg

20170707_135930.jpg

20170707_150958.jpg

• Like 6

WFF , do you have all your HOMEwork finished for today??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just heading home....a neighbor 's combine and cart . 

20201016_111647.jpg

20201016_111707.jpg

20201016_111725.jpg

20201016_111751.jpg

• Like 1
1 minute ago, welkerfarmsfan said:

yes i do but right now i'm in school

Don't  you have a Capital key on your keyboard?

Just now, Rainman said:

Don't  you have a Capital key on your keyboard?

Opps, I don't want a Call from your teach ...I'll  nnnnnnot be harassing you anymore  this afternoon.

Looking down the hill at our place.

Some of the cattle.

Mums.

More cattle.

Sudangrass

Triticale emerging yesterday.

KIMG0242.JPG

KIMG0096.JPG

KIMG0083.JPG

KIMG0161.JPG

KIMG0092.JPG

KIMG0244.JPG

• Like 4

Here’s a few from this year. Extra credit if you can identify all the non tractor IH’s in the background 😀

5CF9D606-221F-4F88-9B97-5DFCCA3CE18B.jpeg

582C696F-82E4-4295-8726-643FE76C55B6.jpeg

2AFF9A3A-38A2-4F83-A757-8689E92EEBB3.jpeg

2E89DB8C-0554-4A19-9D25-07BA628070CA.jpeg

• Like 1
7 hours ago, MTO said:

And this is my other "big horse"  😳

20200719_193712.jpg

I had one of those that I re-purposed  , I shortened up a wagon running gear and made a rig to pump calcium chloride in 

wagon.jpg

• Confused 1
4 hours ago, welkerfarmsfan said:

what do you write about farm equipment

Most what I write are news articles but some times also editorial articles. Also i make some photo slides of oldtimer events, shows by farm equipment dealers and importers.

https://www.mechaman.nl/landbouwmechanisatie/author/jordikolenbrander/

• Thanks 2
6 hours ago, TP from Central PA said:

Hard to believe whopper eater is just about a teenager already..............

Yup they grow up fast!! Seems like just a couple years ago you were a teenager posting pics of 400’s and SM’s pulling trailer plows. That was a lifetime ago!!! Enjoy em while you can Tyler, empty nest is only cool for a couple days....

48 minutes ago, Farmall Nut said:

Yup they grow up fast!! Seems like just a couple years ago you were a teenager posting pics of 400’s and SM’s pulling trailer plows. That was a lifetime ago!!! Enjoy em while you can Tyler, empty nest is only cool for a couple days....

Yup, my brother was running the 706 in the picture above.............I was looking at it when I put it up, boy he has gotten ugly with age:lol:   Serves him right, he told me I look old:blink:

• Haha 1