Wd9 how hard to time injector pump. A ih

1 hour ago, rodhergott said:

Engine runs smooth on gas rough on diesel.   Bled all injectors diesel pumping out of each so I’m thinking timing.   Thoughts and how hard to time

pull the front cover off and experiment. many need more advance.

be nice to have some   info on how its running,... rough is pretty  vague. is it smoking , mIssing , firing on all 4 ? and some history on what has been done so far. not there and cant see the tractor running.

if tractor has been sitting it may have stuck valves.  could remove valve cover and  make sure valves are free. also if the small decompression valves are stuck it wont fire on diesel. and you have more than timing problem going on..  

i forgot to ask if it misses on gas or runs smooth on gas? if it runs smooth ... good indication it is the small valves at fault.

pull the front cover off at pump and give it some advance as i said in the first place. i had a farmall md do the same thing. smartened it right up.  had lots of white smoke like you say.

• Like 1