Our "Unmanly" Traits

2 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

We are going to put one in our bathroom when we redo it................

I ever have boys i sure as heck will have one 

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I shoot a 9mm             If I can't get to my .40, .44, or .45😆

I at one time owned a Ford pickup but finally moved up to my Caravan Del Grande. No slippers here. Until my balance comes in the morning, I sit to pee.....

The slipper thread (hand grenade?) I started, which went down a different path, gave me this idea that maybe we could have some fun sharing things about ourselves that are decidely "unmanly". Two ways

Posted Images

1 minute ago, vtfireman85 said:

I ever have boys i sure as heck will have one 

Its raining up there tonight right?  Schedule up some activities and you could potentially have one in a few months:lol:

The ones here have super bladders..............I need one for me, I have boog syndrome, can't make it past the tips of my shoes:ph34r:

9 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

Its raining up there tonight right?  Schedule up some activities and you could potentially have one in a few months:lol:

The ones here have super bladders..............I need one for me, I have boog syndrome, can't make it past the tips of my shoes:ph34r:

My MIL would tell you that there is a drug for that 

1 minute ago, TP from Central PA said:

For which part..........first part or the second part?

Probably both

34 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

Sorry, that narrative does not fit the theme of this thread on "unmanly" things. 

That is a prime example of "manning up".

Two completely different things. 

I wish you and your family well, where there is love, good things happen. 

Yes in our world you are correct, in the world of which we live people look at you when you tell them what you are doing and they act like you either are crazy or whipped, ( left out the female anatomy description)

Called steppin up I say

Had about 4 different tattoos I had designed and wanted to get, 20yrs later still none, considered that was selfish and my last priority raising the kids something else always came first, wouldn’t bother now, they’re grown up but still need a little support at times

1 hour ago, vtfireman85 said:

At home, i sit to pee, I never saw anything manly about a halo of pee spatter and coagulated urine under the toilet base. I don’t care how good ur aim is, it spatters. I do however want a urinal

I only sit in the morning while acquiring my balance.

That cold deep bowl water brings me RIGHT around!

• Haha 3
15 minutes ago, MTO said:

Your supposed to put the ring down, before you sit. 

• Haha 5
48 minutes ago, MTO said:

My wife has done that.................shove my face with pulled chicken sandwiches loaded up with hot peppers at 7 pm, by 6 am god is calling saying I need to open the bomb hatch and get rid of inventory or else.  Half asleep, wonder into the can, night light is on so don't fire up the arc lights she has over the sink that would burn a hole in your retna's that are so bright.  Oh look at that, she left the lid up for me when she got up at 5 AM, how nice...............Turn around, drop down..........Next thing you know I am entrapped in the bowl and thinking I might need a 850 Holmes to get me out!

• Haha 4

I dont like hunting or killing anything for that matter. My main driver is a ford taurus although it is a SHO. Dumb stuff on tv might give me the sniffles.  I use to wear pink before anyone else. Oh yeah...I wear slippers and sweats and will wear them to the local store. Guess that makes me a sissy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, TP from Central PA said:

My wife has done that.................shove my face with pulled chicken sandwiches loaded up with hot peppers at 7 pm, by 6 am god is calling saying I need to open the bomb hatch and get rid of inventory or else.  Half asleep, wonder into the can, night light is on so don't fire up the arc lights she has over the sink that would burn a hole in your retna's that are so bright.  Oh look at that, she left the lid up for me when she got up at 5 AM, how nice...............Turn around, drop down..........Next thing you know I am entrapped in the bowl and thinking I might need a 850 Holmes to get me out!

That's funny right there!  Maybe cause I've BTDT!

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, hardtail said:

Called steppin up I say

Had about 4 different tattoos I had designed and wanted to get, 20yrs later still none, considered that was selfish and my last priority raising the kids something else always came first, wouldn’t bother now, they’re grown up but still need a little support at times

I know exactly what you mean, all five are grown and four of them have kids, when life throws them a curve they call and talk about it, so very glad they all live within 15 miles of “home” , get to see them 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, hardtail said:

Called steppin up I say

10 minutes ago, Craig61019 said:

I know exactly what you mean, all five are grown and four of them have kids, when life throws them a curve they call and talk about it, so very glad they all live within 15 miles of “home” , get to see them 

It's funny you two writing this, and I think most guys here with kids feel the same way. Mom and I talked this same subject the other day, my gurl phones sometimes asking this or that about bikes, cars, home upkeep, my boy calls about the same about the same, just this morning about a jammed gooseneck with his toilet, and the feeling that we never did that, mind you after quiting school at 16 and going to work, I had parents but not the same as a 16 year old doing school and home chore tasks, so I started doing a lot of stuff myself on my own, mom was basically in the same boat, married at 18 and home, job and wife stuff from then on, so if we needed some help with something I'd call her and vice versa.

One thing though, I'll never tire of helping the kids as long as I'm able.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Dasnake said:

It's funny you two writing this, and I think most guys here with kids feel the same way. Mom and I talked this same subject the other day, my gurl phones sometimes asking this or that about bikes, cars, home upkeep, my boy calls about the same about the same, just this morning about a jammed gooseneck with his toilet, and the feeling that we never did that, mind you after quiting school at 16 and going to work, I had parents but not the same as a 16 year old doing school and home chore tasks, so I started doing a lot of stuff myself on my own, mom was basically in the same boat, married at 18 and home, job and wife stuff from then on, so if we needed some help with something I'd call her and vice versa.

One thing though, I'll never tire of helping the kids as long as I'm able.

It is very rewarding knowing they trust your judgement to help them , I also didn’t have that as a young adult , dad was not very people oriented and seems mom was always apologizing for him, knew when I moved away didn’t want to be like that and have worked at that for44 years. Agree with you will not grow tired of helping them or the grand kids, hopefully some of what I have shared with them will be passed on to the next generation when I am gone.

• Like 2

What a damned bunch of women pretending to be men🤣😈🤣.......I have no female traits!🤣🤣

Rick

• Haha 4
22 hours ago, sandhiller said:

Oh **** ya.

I love wearin pink

Cuz "whatya looking at? Got somethin to say, thought so" 😆

IMG_20201015_235729122.thumb.jpg.3d40f78d280c56771aaeb5b7d548710e.jpg

Don't have purple, no reason just ain't found a good shirt I guess.

My favorite scarf is turquoise, looks good with blue jean shirt

IMG_20201016_000416774.thumb.jpg.c07682df79b0eb3a35b37c55283abfe3.jpg

I had one of the pink bushpoppers back when they were good and heavy. Took about ten washings to get 'em right. Also when they made the regular denim snap button in purple,teal,turquoise. Not to mention the plaid denim shirts that  Wrangler DROPPED after making them for decades.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, sandhiller said:

Could not have said it better than mader

Warm and comfortable is why I wear em when the weather turns cold

I only buy silk, tried the acetate? but sweat too much.

Silk breathes

I just bought one of those merino Montana rags with the snaps. See if that keeps my neck warm feeding this winter.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, oldtanker said:

What a damned bunch of women pretending to be men🤣😈🤣.......I have no female traits!🤣🤣

Rick

...a sweeping   generalization......surely, 'oldtanker'...???!!...

Mike

• Haha 1

I watched "A league of their own" the other night.

And liked it😲

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
48 minutes ago, oldtanker said:

Rick

Hey tanker, got a question, was watching the movie “fury” I know hooeyweird, but the scenes losing a track, or the tank turret exploding off the body, how realistic?

my old man used to tell me about his carrier and the shells would pierce the body and rattle around inside causing mayhem and death.

14 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

At home, i sit to pee, I never saw anything manly about a halo of pee spatter and coagulated urine under the toilet base. I don’t care how good ur aim is, it spatters. I do however want a urinal

When I wake up in the middle of the night I'll sit rather than peeing on my feet. Once I fell back asleep on the throne!

Male plumbing is definitely more convenient than female for outdoor use. My wife says "you don't have to hang your a$$ out in the cold!" Of course when it's really cold I have a hard time encouraging the plumbing to venture out!

6 hours ago, Dasnake said:

Hey tanker, got a question, was watching the movie “fury” I know hooeyweird, but the scenes losing a track, or the tank turret exploding off the body, how realistic?

my old man used to tell me about his carrier and the shells would pierce the body and rattle around inside causing mayhem and death.

You get a "catastrophic" kill the turret comes off. A Sherman carried between 71 and 104 rounds of main gun ammo depending on the variant. Lets say that the tank has 75 to 80% of that onboard and it get hits causing 30-50% or more of that ammo to go up all at once (meaning the shot hit the ammo storage area). Kinda like putting a firecracker in a pan and putting the lid on. 1 little old firecracker will rattle the lid. Now toss an M80 or cherry bomb in that pan. Tank catches fire from a hit and the ammo cooks off round by round the turret will most likely stay on. As each round cooks off fire will blast out of the hatches. But a bunch going off at once the hatch openings won't relieve the pressure fast enough.

As far as a track coming off? There are 2 kinds of tank drivers in the world. Those who have thrown a track and those who are going to throw a track. Any number of reasons you can throw a track. Most often it's track wear, terrain or poor track maintenance. My last exercise in the "heavy metal playground", Hohenfels Germany, the tracks on my tank were so worn out that it even going strait on an improved tank trail the tracks would come off. Our BMO (Battalion Maintenance Officer) was extremely worries about the budget and would not allow me to order track. After we were back in garrison the Battalion Commander (BC) got involved and had support maintenance inspect my tracks. 80% of the track blocks were condemned. The BMO was going to let me order only enough track to replace the worn out parts. Again the BC told him to get me new track. Track on older tanks varied on track life. On the M60 it was 5,000 miles. The M1 being heavier and faster? 2500.

Rick

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, sandhiller said:

I watched "A league of their own" the other night.

And liked it😲

I did to. Had my daughters watching it cause they like softball and are good at it. Dotties uniform is also my 9 year olds Halloween costume this year

• Like 2
  • Haha 1