Our "Unmanly" Traits

2 hours ago, exSW said:

Long before "Tough enough to wear pink" I would occasionally compete in a pink shirt....Or purple....Or turquoise. 

I put 350k on a Honda Ridgeline. It run when the Cummin(s) didn't. 

I listen to Classical music. Often.

I am totally at ease around Homosexuals. Except the predatory ones. THAT is another kettle of fish.

I'm a bookworm.

I have eaten quiche.

Before marriage (at 30)I never kept a steady girlfriend. I think three weeks was the record. And there were long periods of single. I rarely dated local girls(thank goodness for Rodeo and going to school out of state). I had a plan. And now there is rarely any uncomfortable meetings(no Dear,not her either).

My life has been one big beer commercial.  I'm extraordinarily secure in my masculinity. F'em if they can't take a joke.

Compete in what?

I wore a speedo, but never a pink one. Had a tiger striped one in HS that I loved though. Easier to be confident in it on our team because we were good.

Bonus: just saw a new-to-me Snoopy from the window of Malibu Maggie

KIMG0801.JPG

• Like 2
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I shoot a 9mm             If I can't get to my .40, .44, or .45😆

I at one time owned a Ford pickup but finally moved up to my Caravan Del Grande. No slippers here. Until my balance comes in the morning, I sit to pee.....

The slipper thread (hand grenade?) I started, which went down a different path, gave me this idea that maybe we could have some fun sharing things about ourselves that are decidely "unmanly". Two ways

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, KWRB said:

Compete in what?

Rodeo 

NFR has a "tough enough to wear pink night" where all competitors are encouraged to wear pink to raise awareness for breast cancer. 

• Like 1

This one is for VT and pretty much checks all his boxes😛One has to question the Mom part and maybe is still on transitional meds?

Man card in wallet and secure here😎

I will say around 2005 my wife bought a used Ford Windstar minivan off her old boss, it had 3 strikes it was a Ford, a minivan and green as I came home that day and crested the hill to see it parked in front of the shop I realized that my life had reached an all time low, the years of building numerous muscle cars had finally resorted to this, still had my bikes though, having wrenched on everything ever acquired I finally had to draw the line and inform her anything wrong with it your taking it to town for repairs, the kids loved the thing but finally she saw the brief light growing tired of bills and a weakening transmission and traded it in on a Chrysler...good grief😩

• Haha 3
5 hours ago, sandhiller said:

Rodeo 

NFR has a "tough enough to wear pink night" where all competitors are encouraged to wear pink to raise awareness for breast cancer. 

Exactly, we were at pendleton a couple of years ago and the guys all went out of their way for pink day, I wore pink and got autographs from tuf and trevor (name dropping) hahaha, great tradition.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, exSW said:

Long before "Tough enough to wear pink" I would occasionally compete in a pink shirt....Or purple....Or turquoise. 

Oh **** ya.

I love wearin pink

Cuz "whatya looking at? Got somethin to say, thought so" 😆

IMG_20201015_235729122.thumb.jpg.3d40f78d280c56771aaeb5b7d548710e.jpg

Don't have purple, no reason just ain't found a good shirt I guess.

My favorite scarf is turquoise, looks good with blue jean shirt

IMG_20201016_000416774.thumb.jpg.c07682df79b0eb3a35b37c55283abfe3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
38 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

Oh **** ya.

I love wearin pink

They come runnin,

Just as fast as they can,

Every girl crazy,

Bout a sharp dressed man!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

My wife got me to eat kale.( I don't like it but I respect it being able to grow through the snow.)

Im fussy about the texture of my clothes.  Yeah, they're mostly flannel but I am a pain in the rear to buy for. 

I like a crackling fire and watching the snow fall more than my wife. 

Im probably more emotional than my wife.  I can't watch a show about child abduction or stuff without getting choked up and angry. 

• Like 2
14 hours ago, mike newman said:

......"diet  Iced Tea '...??  geez   TP, that has to be prime ''pizzel    rot ''    fodder.....

Mike

If there is diet Iced Tea then there is diet water?

9 minutes ago, Diesel Doctor said:

If there is diet Iced Tea then there is diet water?

Pretty sure it is the sweetener 

20 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

Pretty sure it is the sweetener 

Yes, that is why its "Diet"...............A few diabetics in the family over the years so I got accustomed to the taste as it was all that was there, now I prefer it as does my oldest.  My mother gets so upset that is will kill us, which it probably will sooner or later, but I tell her I drink it with a big smile on my face, then she even gets more upset!  My wife makes her tea, which seems like is a bag of sugar with a sprinkling of tea and water, so I am not sure if anyone is going to win in the end?????

I can't believe I forgot that one....................I wore a speedo back when I didn't have a spare tire to carry around, I found them very comfortable to swim in actually.  Now my phat A$$ can't obtain one big enough, so they are out.  I guess my wife tossed out her string bikini about the same time I had to toss the speedo, so I guess we are now officially in old fart territory?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
9 hours ago, sandhiller said:

Oh **** ya.

I love wearin pink

Tell me about scarves. I see cowboys wear them, but not really anyone else. Are they functional, or are they purely for looks?

10 minutes ago, KWRB said:

Tell me about scarves. I see cowboys wear them, but not really anyone else. Are they functional, or are they purely for looks?

On a cold windy day I'll choose a good silk scarf over gloves if I have to make a choice to keep warm, nothing is as comfortable or warm as a silk scarf blocks the wind holds heat well and looks good too.

• Like 3

I have never worn one but they are handy in  Wind blown sand and dirt. Probably blowing snow when out looking for cattle horseback also. They would be real handy with this COVID crap and mask mandates. Also handy to have while robbing banks

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, mader656 said:

On a cold windy day I'll choose a good silk scarf over gloves if I have to make a choice to keep warm, nothing is as comfortable or warm as a silk scarf blocks the wind holds heat well and looks good too.

Have to agree with you. Plowing snow on an open cab tractor is a great place to wear one too.

• Like 2

Could not have said it better than mader

Warm and comfortable is why I wear em when the weather turns cold

I only buy silk, tried the acetate? but sweat too much.

Silk breathes

• Like 1

Well, I bought and drive a Kia. And since, I sold my Suburban, Pickup truck and Pontiac.

No woman in this house, so is it still un-manly to cook, clean, & do laundry? Or is that why I was OK with buying the Kia?

• Haha 2

I think we all do what’s best for family, here’s my story, big time construction worker all over the country several people working for me , walked away from it all two years ago, wife’s health was not good and getting worse, single daughter with 3 kids no help from biological father, Harley sits in the garage hasn’t moved in over a year same for two classic cars, never had more fun than watching my grandsons learning to drive the old farmall h and sitting a recliner holding my soon to be three year old granddaughter, love my 1998 ford “exploder” with 255000 miles , am now a chauffeur, cook , day care worker doing house work laundry and wouldn’t trade it for all them money in the world. The definition of joy is complete satisfaction!!

• Like 5
6 minutes ago, Craig61019 said:

I think we all do what’s best for family, here’s my story, big time construction worker all over the country several people working for me , walked away from it all two years ago, wife’s health was not good and getting worse, single daughter with 3 kids no help from biological father, Harley sits in the garage hasn’t moved in over a year same for two classic cars, never had more fun than watching my grandsons learning to drive the old farmall h and sitting a recliner holding my soon to be three year old granddaughter, love my 1998 ford “exploder” with 255000 miles , am now a chauffeur, cook , day care worker doing house work laundry and wouldn’t trade it for all them money in the world. The definition of joy is complete satisfaction!!

I'll bet those grand kids would enjoy a ride in those classic cars now n then too! 🙂

They do especially the 1960 studebaker lark, it has been a hectic year with this China virus as the wife has a rare auto immune disease that keeps her shut in, just not quite the same since she couldn’t be out with us, truly a lesson in humility, but as I said earlier I wouldn’t trade it for any thing!

I can’t think of much...not that I’m a super man (no pun intended) but I really can’t think of much. I own a pink t-shirt because it was free. Cut the sleeves out of it to make it comfortable.... I see no problem with guys who wear whatever they want but I do find blue jeans with bedazzled back pockets to be questionable.  The wife tried to get me to look at some once and I told her I would sooner not wear pants at all than be caught dead wearing those. (No offense if you like a diamond studded rear but it’s not for me)
      I beat on hot metal for fun, like almost anything with a sharp edge, never liked salad, find a finely blued gun slightly attractive.  I have a pickup truck that sits in the shed and drive a Ford Focus for errands and to work because it was cheap. I made my favorite hammer from scratch. My idea of a perfect evening would be sitting around a fire with friends and family. I would rather wear work boots than tennis shoes.  A six pack of beer lasts me over a month and I still give half of them away to people who stop by.  Favorite music is classic country or rock. I did dress up like my preacher’s wife once for Halloween to win a costume contest but that is about as wild as I get.  

When I first read this topic the first thing that came to mind was this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Craig61019 said:

Sorry, that narrative does not fit the theme of this thread on "unmanly" things. 

That is a prime example of "manning up".

Two completely different things. 

I wish you and your family well, where there is love, good things happen. 

• Like 1

At home, i sit to pee, I never saw anything manly about a halo of pee spatter and coagulated urine under the toilet base. I don’t care how good ur aim is, it spatters. I do however want a urinal

1 minute ago, vtfireman85 said:

At home, i sit to pee, I never saw anything manly about a halo of pee spatter and coagulated urine under the toilet base. I don’t care how good ur aim is, it spatters. I do however want a urinal

We are going to put one in our bathroom when we redo it................