iowaboy1965

I know this will be hard to answer with not much info but will a loader from a 560 easily swap to a 656? Guy asked me but isn't sure what loader it is. Suppose to send me pics.

Thanks snowshoe. As long as there isn't a problem bolting up to rear axle tube it sounds like loader might swap from one to the other.

Bell housing on 560 is bigger, 656 is the same as the 460.

4 hours ago, cedar farm said:

A westendorf WL30 will work on both. 

He currently has a westendorf  that was on a 100hydro. He was worried it was to big for the 656 he bought. 

4 hours ago, iowaboy1965 said:

The other loader is on a 560 he is thinking of buying. Tractor and loader for sale as a pair. 

The one in the picture is a WL-40. What did it come off?

A friend of mine had a Westendorf wl-42 on a 656 it would be similar to the the 40 pictured.  He would put a round bale on the back when he was gonna move dirt with the loader.  He broke the bell housing, twice.

The 40 pictured probably has mounts that bolt to the bell housing and look non adjustable so wouldn't work very easy on a 656.  Same way with the other loader if if it was on a 560 and bolts to the bell housing it wouldn't work very good on a 656.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 801486 said:

A friend of mine had a Westendorf wl-42 on a 656 it would be similar to the the 40 pictured.  He would put a round bale on the back when he was gonna move dirt with the loader.  He broke the bell housing, twice.

The 40 pictured probably has mounts that bolt to the bell housing and look non adjustable so wouldn't work very easy on a 656.  Same way with the other loader if if it was on a 560 and bolts to the bell housing it wouldn't work very good on a 656.

7 hours ago, cedar farm said:

The front pocket may work but not the rest.

I think he figured out it was going to take some adapting. His concern is the loader might be too big and heavy  for the tractor. The other loader appears to bolt to rear axle and to mid frame ahead of bell housing.

The rear brackets will move for different widths very easily.  We had a wl 40 and then a 42 on a 656 for years.  Looks like the one in the picture is a very early wl40.

8 minutes ago, Pete1468 said:

The rear brackets will move for different widths very easily.  We had a wl 40 and then a 42 on a 656 for years.  Looks like the one in the picture is a very early wl40.

Those rear brackets looked to welded? Maybe a previous owner mod? Or am I missing something?

6 minutes ago, iowaboy1965 said:

Those rear brackets looked to welded? Maybe a previous owner mod? Or am I missing something?

Yes, those aren't factory brackets.  I don't know how much they wanted but wl40s around here are in that $1000-2000 range for nice ones.

2 hours ago, Pete1468 said:

Yes, those aren't factory brackets.  I don't know how much they wanted but wl40s around here are in that $1000-2000 range for nice ones.

He already owns it, the hydro 100 it was on quit moving is my understanding. He looked into fixing it and was scared of the potential cost and opted to buy a 656 and is now looking at a 560 with the other loader on it as a second tractor. I belive he is worried the 560 might not have enough hydraulics  to handle big bales and wanted to know if loader would work on his 656.

I dont know what he is going to do with the 100, asked him a couple times but don't think he has decided  for sure. Sounds like it may be a bit rough and might have some engine issues possibly  as well.