Moccasin Slippers made in USA

4 hours ago, MTO said:

Can`t afford new work boots, buy used, so SURELY not buying any "slippers"

Gotta agree with newguy on this topic.

What do you wear in the house in the winter, shoes? just socks? My wool socks aren't warm enough in the part of the house that's not over basement.

2 hours ago, KWRB said:

What do you wear in the house in the winter, shoes? just socks? My wool socks aren't warm enough in the part of the house that's not over basement.

I wear slippers to save my socks plus with my sciatica any kinda shoe bothers my foot. 

7 hours ago, KWRB said:

I just wear socks. At the end of the day if my jeans are dirty i hit the shower and put on a clean pair. I will refrain with any comments pertaining to what i think people look like in crocs. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Make fun of my expensive Mocs all you want ... 22 years and still going.  
of course if they weren’t mine there is no way in heck I would put my feet in there.

DF3B13CC-9C76-4149-8625-CA7C52BA9F31.jpeg

16 minutes ago, stronger800 said:

What are the bottoms made of? Leather I think you said right? 22years just seems so impossible.  If I wore redwings, only in my house, I would still expect the sole to wear through in <22 yrs.  

You must tread lightly, and not scuff your feet!

Some kinda rubber

Bison by Duluth trading company ,no bull 

image.jpg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, vtfireman85 said:

Make fun of my expensive Mocs all you want ... 22 years and still going.  
of course if they weren’t mine there is no way in heck I would put my feet in there.

DF3B13CC-9C76-4149-8625-CA7C52BA9F31.jpeg

Woo woo woo

10 hours ago, new guy said:

I just wear socks. At the end of the day if my jeans are dirty i hit the shower and put on a clean pair. I will refrain with any comments pertaining to what i think people look like in crocs. 

Socks don't cut it at this house. If I wasn't wearing slippers, I'd be wearing boots in the house, and divorced.

With this talk of caring (or even so much as having an opinion on) what one looks like with a certain shoe, sounds decidedly, shall I say, feminine? Of course I don't think that myself, but vanity is often given up by most as the province of women.

When this thread dies, I'm gonna start one about the pure joy in purchasing, owning and wearing my first custom suit. And what product I use in my moustache. And, I've been eyeballing a piece of abstract art that I'm thinking about buying.

But you know what I think is manly? Being oneself, conventions be damned. I have more respect for the guy who is maybe works as a lumberjack, is a competition long range rifle shooter, has a smokin hot wife, drives a (tell me if I got this right) 1 ton regular cab pickup with a manual transmission with a longhorn rack on the front, whose food groups include steak and tobacco (and fill in other "manly" stereotypes here), but maybe is a wine aficionado, or collects antique furniture or whatever, because that's what he likes. In my opinion there's nothing more manly than a man who knows what he likes and it's not based on convention.

Kinda reminds me of Jason Newsted. I thought he was a rock god growing up. I'm an adult now and so I don't quite adore musicians like I used to, but the guy is still badass. He was the metal-est guy in my favorite metal band. But, he was manly enough to quit for the right reasons, and he's comfortable and confident and enough (the ultimate manly trait) to do what he wants. He's making music still, and still rocks as hard as anyone when he wants to, but is doing a lot of folk-ier music and painting. Compared to the guys still in the band hammering away and rocking fast and heavy, he's the manliest of them all, in my opinion because again, there's nothing manlier than going your own way.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, KWRB said:

When this thread dies, I'm gonna start one about the pure joy in purchasing, owning and wearing my first custom suit.

Mine is/was a 3 piece double breasted blue, bought 2 pair of bass wingtip shoes one black one brown, also bought a bowler and 2 flat caps... and suspenders. No point doing anything halfway. 
and i love it. 

28 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

Mine is/was a 3 piece double breasted blue, bought 2 pair of bass wingtip shoes one black one brown, also bought a bowler and 2 flat caps... and suspenders. No point doing anything halfway. 
and i love it. 

I have a fedora that my grandfather bought me in HS to wear to away competitions, where we were required to dress up. I still wear it occasionally, but it's black and more often than not, I wear a blue suit/blazer nowadays.

I only have one three piece suit. I inherited it, and I think I've worn it maybe once. My first suit was a double breasted, but my newest ones, including the custom, is a single breast two button and even has the slightly "too small" pinch that looks oh so friggin cool on Daniel Craig, so I wanted it. The slight pull at the button when fastened is (properly speaking) too tight, but yeah, I love it.

• Like 1

I also have an inherited fedora, which is what I wanted when I bought the bowler, but it is black and I don’t get to wear it much. My blazer is traditional, with gold fastenings, i want a grey one with silver as I never wear gold anything. 
interestingly i did a fair amount of research and got some advice from my FIL about proper wearing of Things, seems we don’t  button the bottom button of a suit jacket or waistcoat because King Edward the VII was a lardass and couldn’t get his bottom button closed, he was otherwise well liked and it caught on as people wanted to emulate him. It has become the accepted standard now. 

• 2 months later...

These arent made in USA, but are really nice.. need breaking in though ? the wife got them for me for Christmas. 

1EB67510-1CC5-4B4E-A27E-9BEFF8DE47FD.jpeg

F112F2D7-A22B-4558-B202-F018803D474A.jpeg

E2020882-C55E-4D16-9A57-1E56B4A109B5.jpeg

On 10/13/2020 at 3:25 PM, sandhiller said:

I got me a pair of sweatpants. Wouldn't be caught dead being seen in public with em on, but...............................

In the winter my darling wife must run the dryer hotter or somethin as my pants start to shrink as the weather get colder. By spring i can't hardly get the 501's buttoned at all. Maybe it's the chinee dryer sheets (they got lots of skinny little people over there)☹️

Whether doing night check on heavies, feeding cows or moving snow. When it is really cold I have found a one piece union suit, sweats and insulated bibs and a Carhartt is the ticket for comfort.?

Bonus is I can eat all the cinnamon rolls for breakfast I want. ?

As far as slippers, I understand your wanting only made in USA products. We buy USA first choice when possible. Wife has quit buying some brand names because of Chinese affiliation. But, Sadly sometimes money or availability talks.

These from Sportsman Guide were about 30 bucks on Christmas specials and the last ones lasted three or four years. 

slipper.thumb.jpg.5ffdab8ceb444bf309993425907fcd85.jpg

Rubber bottom, good cushy insole and keep my dainty feet outta the sandburs. ??

Nice flag