Rare or no? 766 BS with MFWD

Saw this yesterday, (Sunday 10-11), at a dealer in Thompson Ohio. Seems like the MFWDs are more often seen on the higher HP 66s? Looks to be in pretty good

shape, but looks like it was re-painted, (rear axles are painted red),  maybe a few years ago as paint is slightly faded. Meter shows 4049 hours, serial number is

249091     U016984. Whaddya think?

TNNO

-213518480_20201011_112652_2915077_resized.jpeg

20201011_112414.jpeg

20201011_112446.jpeg

• Like 7

766's are very rare in our area.

I would take it, even without the MFWD.

I say very rare!

• Like 1

Good thing it isn't in IOwA or it wouldn't be rare here at all. 

Would be stealin' another one of Doug's tractors out of the Red Tractor State😃

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, NY1468 said:

My great uncle had one with a gasser in it, it was a pig. 

I'll bet it was a thirsty pig.

13 minutes ago, Steve C. said:

I'll bet it was a thirsty pig.

It was, I highly disliked it. The governor was horrible on that tractor also. 

If you knew how much they want for it you'd need to change your pants

18 hours ago, TP from Central PA said:

Funny, they are all over around me............Seems like everyone had or has a 766. 

I'd like to have a 766 wide front with ROPS, just looks cool on those smaller 66’s imo 

On 10/13/2020 at 6:19 AM, brewcrew said:

Yes that is an Elwood axle, and was put on aftermarket. It’s definitely unusual to see a 7 equipped that way, but it’s the same axle for 7-14 series. 

NOT THE SAME AXLE. THERE WAS A LIGHT DUTY AND A HEAVY DUTY ELWOOD MADE.

3 minutes ago, farmall666 said:

NOT THE SAME AXLE. THERE WAS A LIGHT DUTY AND A HEAVY DUTY ELWOOD MADE.

There were several versions of Elwood axles, and any of them could have been put on most tractors. The heavy ones were good for loader work, but I’m not sure if some were stronger for tillage purposes.

Little 66 ,,,,, big66 ,  you do know they are all the same right?  no frame size difference    fact if you put the tires off a 766 on a 1466 and didnt have 1466 stickers on it how quick would realize its a "big" tractor?     carry on

• Like 2

Wish I had that front axle on my 766D. Really could get stuck in field in the winter pushing snow ❄️.  Have white cab 766 with 10ft blade on the front & snowblower on the rear.  

43 minutes ago, Killer Red Mater said:

Little 66 ,,,,, big66 ,  you do know they are all the same right?  no frame size difference    fact if you put the tires off a 766 on a 1466 and didnt have 1466 stickers on it how quick would realize its a "big" tractor?     carry on

From a distance they would be tough to tell apart. Those of us in the know can pick out subtle differences, at least with a 7 and 14. A 9 and 10 side by side with the same tires is gonna be tough without decals unless you can see the turbo!

I AM TALKING THE ELWOOD AXLES. THERE WERE A LIGHT DUTY AND A HEAVY DUTY ELWOOD AXLE MADE. BOTH WOULD FIT ALL SIZES OF THE 66 SERIES

I always wondered why the 766's were so hot around me..............Guys always told me they liked the smaller size?  Now other than being on 34's, they aren't different from the larger ones, so why settle for the 360 when you could have had a big bore with a windmill on it?  BTO then had a 10 and 14 and everyone thought they were huge?  Everyone rants and raves about the 360.............I didn't think they were much to write home about???  

26 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

Everyone rants and raves about the 360.............I didn't think they were much to write home about???  

We have a 7 and had a 10.  That alone might suggest something.  From  a sheer power standpoint the 10 had it.  But for a tractor doing livestock related work, not at full power very much, the 7 was a much better choice.  Used significantly less fuel and the longer stroke non turbo 360 had quite a bit more grunt off idle than the 10.  

• Like 1