I have a case 895 with digital dash just repaired by ag express.  I'm still not getting rpm on pto or engine does anyone know how the rpm signal works if it is off of the alternator or has a sending unit. I have the wiring schematic and it shows rpm sensor but I can't find it.

Welcome!!!       Do you have voltage meters available to you?     Check your fuse panel, you need power to the sending units.   Do the other gauges work?

You need a good ground to your gauges.    My thinking is, the age of the tractor contributes to the wiring harness failing,  Wires get chewed on by rodents.

Former owners altering the harness for extra lights or radio.    Wiring can be a fire hazard,  a few wires wrapped with electrical tape,  suddenly get exposed to sheet metal by rubbing in a bracket will cause trouble.

Take your time,  You may need to remove hood panels & flooring,   Power wash your tractor,  once your tractor chassis is clean you can really see any issues.

My 2 cents, Jim Droscha 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Tnfarmer said:

Yes i have volt meter just haven't been able to locate the sending units ,I've looked the tractor over very well

You need to visit your local CASE dealer and ask to see the sending unit,  You will see the size of the sender and perhaps the parts person can print a location diagram.

Jim Droscha

• Like 1