Fall pictures at the Dirt Boyz

Here is my good friends 1206 that I  finally got painted this summer , it’s been on the work list for 10 plus years , you know how it goes , everyone else’s stuff before this one , but it was worth the wait . It’s retired and we just use it for tractor pulling and it runs very good ??

Danny 

A303C8B3-0986-4D43-AD47-448E35E28F6C.jpeg

D22C13AE-FD95-4F80-BB7D-315E87C15629.jpeg

76587BA9-DD51-4B7F-B3AA-2CD92BC22961.jpeg

• Like 31

Brilliantly Red

PPG /Omni single stage acrylic urethane , it’s the nicest paint I have ever spayed in all my years of painting , this makes number 418 total units I have painted since the spring of 1981 .

Danny 

• Like 5

Nice Paint Job on that 1206. Does it still have the 3 Point Hitch on it? Solar Turbo?

I don't mind the Narrow Fronts on the Bigger IH Tractors but I prefer the Wide Fronts, I like the way they look with them. It is nice to see the different variation of all of them with Narrow and Wide Fronts. 

It would be a choice to have both front ends for a 06 and 56 Series IH. 

Thank you everyone , I put a bigger head in the injection pump (450) ,5x.020 injector tips , .093 injection lines and 3LM Switzer turbo . This tractor is a full working tractor , 3 point , PTO , it has new Firestone 20.8x38 23degree radials , Firestone 11LX15 fronts . If I turned down the hp it could go out to the field . After I got it painted we took it to a pull and it just wasn’t running right and looked into it and found the fuel tank all rust , filter base rust , injection pump damaged ? took care of all that and our last pull of the year it blew its head gasket ? just got it done last Friday night before the pictures your seeing . Just so you guys know the new torque spec for the head on a 361/407 is the same as a 400 series engine , clean the block , head , spotless , tapped holes , wire wheeled bolts and oiled , head gasket from Case IH only I used Copper Coat on this one ?? Problem solved , it’s ready for the shed for the winter .

Danny 

• Like 1

Very nice job, Danny. Have painted a couple tractors and a lot of cars in my life and tractors are way harder to paint then cars and make the look good

1206s to me are OK, not my favorite...but a narrow front end 1206 is neat.  This one looks great!!

23 hours ago, DirtBoyz07 said:

PPG /Omni single stage acrylic urethane , it’s the nicest paint I have ever spayed in all my years of painting , this makes number 418 total units I have painted since the spring of 1981 .

Danny 

Using an HVLP to lay it on?

I have two Sata guns , I can’t remember the model number for sure but I think it’s a 3000.

Danny 

• Like 1

Looks great Danny! 

Not quite the same but after painting some parts for my 1944 LB engine I have found that I enjoy painting on this type of stuff.